Author Topic: Multiple Accounts, Cheat/Mod, Malicious Files: Lumixan  (Read 23050 times)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Multiple Accounts, Cheat/Mod, Malicious Files: Lumixan
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
The fact of using a cheat twice, results in a ban of almost one decade, is completely incomprehensible.

Use cheats, get recked. Easy it is.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »
You're welcome Rick, glad I could help! :)

Anyway, I wouldn't even try to cooperate either after seeing what happened in this case. There are no results at all, even after weeks.

1. First of all, 2048 days is ridiculous. Even if I would try to cooperate, I would maybe get reduce half of the ban time out of it, which still can be seen as lifetime ban, looking at the current state of the game. Why bother providing any informations if I couldn't play the game anymore anyway?

2. It seems like no one even cares if someone tries to cooperate or not. I doubt there was any progress going on in the committee discussion, other than saying "nope ban him, he cheater". (Seen at pvtjimmys response.) Short hint for jitspoe and the 2-3 active committee members: at least discuss about changing ban times in general. That's what the majority of the players left want, obviously.

3. After weeks without getting any feedback, leave alone any results, I would lose my motivation aswell. I would develop a "no fuks given anymore" attitude too. I'm sure everyone would.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2018, 12:33:01 PM »

More like use cheat get sentenced to death. You'll have an easier time on your next gaming life.

The Ban Times on this game since 2012 are like playing monopoly in hard mode, every cells leads to JAIL.

But seriously, you cant except banned players to cooperate with the actual ban times, you understand that ?

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2018, 01:19:05 PM »
Considering bhop as cheating when you go from paintball2 where dj is allowed to csgo where you have no idea that scripts are not allowed to getting vac ban. Yes I did get vac ban. Who cares, I came out stronger than ever, ended up being semi-pro and got multiple pro teams invitations, I'm the king

You ended up with csgo because of irl importance? What is important in your bumlife? Cmon Rick, say it how it is. Don't pretend like you have some real life, you are broke. I can play games whenever I want, and still quadruple your income. Do you wanna work for me? I can buy you hundred times over.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »
Considering bhop as cheating when you go from paintball2 where dj is allowed to csgo where you have no idea that scripts are not allowed to getting vac ban.
eh

blah blah blah different games have different rules
blah blah blah did you see anyone else using a bhop script?
blah blah You would've been able to tell when searching for it blah blah.
Cool.

Yes I did get vac ban. Who cares, I came out stronger than ever, ended up being semi-pro and got multiple pro teams invitations, I'm the king
Who cares? Probably those so called "pro teams", even those "semi-pro" teams you were apparently on. You would be holding them back from playing at a lot of tournaments, I'm not sure about leagues but jeez, seems a bit selfish.

You ended up with csgo because of irl importance? What is important in your bumlife? Cmon Rick, say it how it is. Don't pretend like you have some real life, you are broke. I can play games whenever I want, and still quadruple your income. Do you wanna work for me? I can buy you hundred times over.
I stopped playing CS:GO because of some real life projects being more important to me, yes.

Well, at the time of me dropping CS:GO (and the majority of my gaming) I was offered a software developer job (before leaving University). This job would have me working alongside the emergency services that run in Australia (i.e. different departments of police, ambulance and fire brigades)... I obviously took this job, money isn't/wasn't an issue and being able to be a part of something that could potentially save lives? I'm down for that. It did, however, require a lot of my personal time to get up and running with all of the current systems that were deployed, which is what caused my decline in playing CS:GO and eventually, me to stop playing. Nowadays, I jump on a game every now and then, but I'm happier working on work/personal projects. All in all, the emergency services did all they could to try and save my Mum when she passed away and now I get to work in a team improving that very system? I love my job, my partner and my life.

No, I don't want to work for you.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 02:24:48 AM »
Just noticed Faked got 2048 days aswell lmao

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=27486

Just ridiculous. But rather focus on bringing out more maps because that's what we need guys! Can't wait for zemer_b8!

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »

Yeah pretty easy but not everyone got banned - thx to myself

Did you or jitspoe really thought i would reveal everyone who used wh ? Faked told me i can say his name (because he dont want to play this anymore aswell) for the 1% chance that i would get a reduce....
But mabye you can stay happy now that Jitspoe or you have nearly no knowledge how many used it. Im just Happy that i told him literally nothing, i knew i would get nothing out of cooperating since he did nothing the last time aswell :) So this time he didnt betray me, no haha this time i betrayed him and i need to say it feels good :)) I mean the best thing about it is that he cant punish me for it since i dont want to play this game anymore. LIVE WITH IT my homie ;)

You guys are thinking jitspoe is an angel because hes the admin of an online game and he never did anything wrong :D
Everyone did mistakes as well as Jitspoe !! I broke the rules but Jitspoe also broke rules since he can screenshot your screen ingame // since everyone can do that. And i dont want to know how many mistakes you did pvtjimmy and you dont need to deny that.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
How is this even a discussion. The rules are on the forums, they always have been, they are easy to find and easy to comprehend, whether you agree with the rules or not is completely irrelevant because you're under no obligation to play this game. So yes they are harsh, but you didn't spend what is essentially a good portion of your life creating and maintaining the game.

Jitspoe isn't some Angel, I don't think anybody is trying to say that, the people that defend his actions here just simply agree with his decision for the most part, most likely. In reality he's some guy who made a game, and he made the decision to have set ban times for breaking certain rules. People did that, they got banned as stated.  Deal with it.

I Would rather see the servers turned off tomorrow due to inactivity, than letting it die that little bit later, polluted with hackers. It's had a bloody good run don't mar the ending.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2019, 06:42:08 AM »
@Omni This thread has two separate discussions going on. One concerning Lumixan's ban and one concerning the ban time policies which i started. (i should have made a different thread, since people are missunderstanding it.)

How is this even a discussion. The rules are on the forums, they always have been, they are easy to find and easy to comprehend, whether you agree with the rules or not is completely irrelevant because you're under no obligation to play this game.
First of all, where are the rules from the game and where is it stated at that you canno't argue it ?!

Jitspoe isn't some Angel, I don't think anybody is trying to say that, the people that defend his actions here just simply agree with his decision for the most part.
I don't think anybody is trying to say that either. I agree with most of Jitspoe's descisions but yet i'm here, suggesting not only jitspoe, but the whole committee that if they want more co-operation from the banned, they need something better to offer regarding the new ban time policies.

More than half of the banned players in the past 3 years have their names in the banlist because Myself, SQZ or Zenit reported them. And Lumixan is no exception.

So @Omni if you are still wondering why this is a discussion, it's because current banned players do not co-operate and i'm pretty sure the committee won't tell you otherwise. For a person actively trying to get cheaters to be banned, that annoys me.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2019, 07:14:44 AM »
More than half of the banned players in the past 3 years have their names in the banlist because Myself, SQZ or Zenit reported them. And Lumixan is no exception.

Not that it matters much, but I want to clarify: Lumixan got caught along with Snox, I never reported Lumixan or anyone else (besides that one guy from pub, Scrubdab or sth).

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 07:27:54 AM »
You can call lumixan's case a collateral damage from our report yes.

Minerva

• Stingray

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2019, 11:12:37 AM »
Let me clarify then Jeongwa. I made no mention of not being able to argue your, or another's case. I shall be more specific.

You could argue about anything and everything in relation to - 'Cheater Reports and Bans'. When I said "how is this even a discussion" I was merely trying to say, discussions pertaining to cheaters and ban times and how rules could or should be altered are seemingly futile. Because as far as I am aware, Jitspoe rarely replies to any comment or any person making a comment about such topics.

I still stand by my original point. If you cheat and get caught then you get banned for the length of time Jitpoe decides.

I'm sure we both want to see this game being played with more players and fewer hackers but that does not change the reasoning for long ban times which was stated clearly and fairly some time ago.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »
I agree with you. Jitspoe can decide how ever he want to manage cheaters in his game and thats what he did,  he changed the ban time policies because he couldn't keep up with the numbers of cheaters and wanted to focus more on the development of the game ( which highly got developped from 2012 by the way).

Now, of all the bans we've seen recently there is 0 cooperation from the banned. And that's what i'm pointing at and why i'm trying to find a compromise that could benefit the game and the banned. I understand it being time consuming for jitspoe and i don't have have anything to say about that.

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2020, 10:04:00 AM »
I still stand by my original point. If you cheat and get caught then you get banned for the length of time Jitpoe decides.

I'm sure we both want to see this game being played with more players and fewer hackers but that does not change the reasoning for long ban times which was stated clearly and fairly some time ago.

Your point is not a point, moreover its a wrong conclusion. The rules were made back then, when the game got created. Jitspoe updated the game and fixed some issues, but he utterly forgot to change and update the rules. Since its a whole new situation and he should try to adapt the rules to the situation! A decent decision should always depend on the current situation. The situation is that nearly nobody is playing this game anymore in comparison to the date where the rules have been created. A lot changed not only the number of the players, also the game itself, the players behaviour, the activity and the mindset of many players. I dont see why you cant understand a single point of ours ?

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2020, 11:04:13 AM »
I think you fundamentally misunderstood what I was trying to say. You're arguing about the morality of the rules and of decisions taken by jits to ban individuals who have hacked. I am not arguing about that. I'm saying this and only this: If you cheat and get caught, you will get banned regardless of how you feel about the fairness of it, or the lack thereof even if the rule is draconian, and as such, a discussion on the matter is almost certainly pointless.

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »
I think you fundamentally misunderstood what I was trying to say. You're arguing about the morality of the rules and of decisions taken by jits to ban individuals who have hacked. I am not arguing about that.
So jitspoes rules have morality? Didnt know that. Good one Omni.
"have hacked."
and your setence start with "If you cheat"
So hacking and cheating in an online game is he same for you ? Uff, hacking is corrupt, illegal and has nothing to do with cheating in an online game. A computer scientist would laugh a lot about your total wrong conclusions. Cheating instead is really about morality, its not illegal if you cheat on your wife unless you have married her. That is morality !

So after all im assuming that you dont know yourself what you are arguing about.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »
That's a fair point about hacking and cheating, I used those terms interchangeably when there is surely a difference in meaning. Now having clarified the difference to myself. I should have said cheated and not hacked. And you're right again I'm sure a computer scientist would disagree with me on that so my bad.

So jitspoes rules have morality? Didnt know that. Good one Omni.

I don't really know what you are trying to say here, we got to this point because people were arguing about how the rules are unfair, unjust, unwise etc. So is that not in itself discussing the moral implications of them? Again, I wasn't talking about that I was making the point that you got banned for a reason, the same way I did and everybody else did when they broke them.

So hacking and cheating in an online game is he same for you ?

No. And once again, its completely irrelevant to my point. A very simple point.

Uff, hacking is corrupt, illegal and has nothing to do with cheating in an online game.

Never said anything to the contrary.

So after all im assuming that you dont know yourself what you are arguing about.

Ill attempt to simplify my initial point again. If you break the rules and get banned, then that's a fair outcome. That's it.

I haven't even given my opinion on what I think of the punishments themselves. I actually agree with you that in and of itself 2048 days is extremely harsh, but its extremely harsh for a reason and do you not think that its irrelevant what you or I think about its severity or wider implications for DP.

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
Ill attempt to simplify my initial point again. If you break the rules and get banned, then that's a fair outcome. That's it.
Alright breaking the rules should be punished. I would agree with this sentence if the "rules" wouldnt be 20 years old. Normally the time how long a rule exists doesnt matter at all, but if the situation changes, the rules should change also. It makes no sense otherwise !
I haven't even given my opinion on what I think of the punishments themselves. I actually agree with you that in and of itself 2048 days is extremely harsh, but its extremely harsh for a reason and do you not think that its irrelevant what you or I think about its severity or wider implications for DP.
Well there are good reasons and bad reasons, in this particular case, its a bad reason. Jitspoe refuse to change the ancient rules, so he updates the ban time...
He sets the ban time higher because hes lazy of finding a real way to handle these things. That is not a significant solution. He can simply update the ancient rules.

Its not irrelevant !! The words we use to communicate are powerful, strong and effective. Only with words we can change a lot nowadays. Jitspoe is reading this discussion for sure, hes reading every discussion of mine. And even if hes changing the rules just a bit, since he noticed that many players disagree with such ancient weird rules, we achieved something !!