Author Topic: Underwater FINAL RELEASE  (Read 22565 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Underwater_b1
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
School and baseball have both been really busy. I haven't worked on this or NY in over a week. I'll get back to it in a few weeks when I have more spare time.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Underwater Beta 2
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 10:28:49 AM »
beta 2

New env
Shinier crystals
New path
New jumps
Improved jump
2-story base (roof accessible)
Flag ramp
Water effects lighting on ground
Brighter map
Wider openings in base
Requires new textures/scripts from BASEBALLDUDE texture pack

Updates screens on first post to b2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izQWgtWEtSNENzTk0/edit?usp=sharing

If the crystals appear to be dull dark red or missing texture, then you need to use the script and new textures from the BASEBALLDUDE texture pack.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:12:00 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: Underwater Beta 2
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 07:33:57 AM »
Hah, epic, just epic ^^. This the first time i opened map in pb and i was like 'wow'. That "sky" background makes for a really cool feeling when playing this map. And these crystals now look awesome too (i think, thanks jit? ^^). Great job man

Now for the other aspects of the map. I like what you did with base, but i still feel like main (the sand place in front of base) is too empty. Maybe adding some fully rusted barrels might not break the feeling but still work? Dunno, try to think about something ;).
As for the base, i think that color-marking area where cap is would be good idea. I usually expect cap to work on colored material where flag is, not before it.

The cave (part of map which is colored purple) is pretty decent, but if he think about gameplay, with decent recon, going into any of the smaller caves(cave-tunnel) or going out of them would be just death wish. 1 line is enough to cover whole 1 small cave-tunnel. Making the top of the cave area accessible and adding ladder to midhigh so you can get on 'roof', might just fix that issue. You could get to the 'roof' even now, but you get stuck because of low sky.

Now as a final part, lets talk about a logic of this map. Right now, even tho it looks rly cool, the map doesn't make much sense. I guess it should be underwater map as the title says, but whats holding the water back from collapsing all over the map?
I could think of 2 solutions to this, either add light blue fog so it gets the feeling of being underwater, but still keeping all the physics. Or add some glass structure around the map.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 08:29:29 AM »
Have you considered adding some sort of framing around the edges of the water areas? Would look a lot nicer with things here imo. Something like this but obv a nicer version/color (my paint skills suck).

Something like that tunnel look someone posted.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »
Took a quick look, it's to open IMO.

Also you can get on the roof of the mid but can't get over it. I think you should either clip it so you can't get up there or make it so you can go over it completely.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
Have you considered adding some sort of framing around the edges of the water areas? Would look a lot nicer with things here imo. Something like this but obv a nicer version/color (my paint skills suck).

Something like that tunnel look someone posted.
Something like this?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
Maybe something with a little texture to it on the walls to offset from the surroundings. Hard to tell if you did it or not in this one.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
How about this?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:09:29 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Underwater Beta 3
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »
Hey geys, it's been a while, but I'm back with a new beta for my map Underwater!

Beta 3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izSkt0M1lXMnZEUW8/edit?usp=sharing

Extended base
Less open/empty
Glass structure to keep water from falling in
Slightly improved jumping/paths
Color marked return base

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jitspoe, please get this map, its script, and its textures onto the beta server.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:19:15 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Underwater Beta 3
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »
Uploaded, but it seems the skybox is missing from that zip.  Did I miss it somewhere else on this thread?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Underwater Beta 3
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 08:32:38 AM »
Uploaded, but it seems the skybox is missing from that zip.  Did I miss it somewhere else on this thread?
Oops, sorry, my bad. I forgot to include the skybox in the beta 3 zip. Instead, download it from the beta 2 (NOT beta 1) download.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:24:54 AM by BASEBALLDUDE »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Underwater Beta 4
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 08:31:38 AM »
Beta 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izSzBGUU9UMGlRLU0/view?usp=sharing

Less empty/open
Added a couple new paths
Changed interior lighting

This map is nearing its final release. Tell me if there's anything you'd like to see changed about this map.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »
Uploaded to the beta server for play testing.

The excessively dark purple rock kinda bugs me still, so I whipped up something kind of coral-looking in filter forge.  See if you like this better.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
Uploaded to the beta server for play testing.

The excessively dark purple rock kinda bugs me still, so I whipped up something kind of coral-looking in filter forge.  See if you like this better.
What don't you like about the current purple rock texture?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
What don't you like about the current purple rock texture?

It's REALLY purple. A little excessively saturated. Maybe take Jit's and add a little purple to it and see how it looks. Pretty quick to do.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
It was just too dark, saturated, and unnatural looking.  Give the coral texture I made a try and see if it looks better.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »
Which rock texture do you like better?
The first one is a less saturated version of the current texture.
The second one is jitspoe's texture.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
jitspoe's

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
Yours

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
In my opinion the second one matches a lot more with the ground texture and the sky box.