Author Topic: Traitor Game Mode  (Read 11233 times)

ElimNator

• PGP
Traitor Game Mode
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
You should add a traitor game mode like in garry's mod. I think we all know what I am talking about but Ill still explain it. Depending on how many people their are like 1 in 8 are traitors. Nobody knows who the traitors are. The traitors have to try to kill the innocents and they have to kill the traitors. It leads to some fun game-play!

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
Re: Traitor Game Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »
You should add a traitor game mode like in garry's mod. I think we all know what I am talking about but Ill still explain it. Depending on how many people their are like 1 in 8 are traitors. Nobody knows who the traitors are. The traitors have to try to kill the innocents and they have to kill the traitors. It leads to some fun game-play!
It's called DM, we have this already, except there is no "traitors win" message.

In short: No.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:50:52 AM »
Don't be a party pooper. Have you ever played this game before? DM is not even close to it...

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »
Have you ever played this game before?
Have you ever played THIS game before?
It won't work here, this is DP, not garry's mod.
Besides, jitspoe haven't implemented any new game mode for many years now, if he had to implement any, he wouldn't waste his time on this.
So please just be quiet since you can't even fairly compare DP to garry's mod.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 11:04:21 AM »
LOL, I can. I know DP is team based and not really meant for this kind of game mode.
But guess what? Anything is possible with coding!
You could have 2 teams, but they all take on the skin of 1 team so you cant tell who is what.
Team kill could be on, and no re-spawn. BAM! an epic new game mode!

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
But guess what? Anything is possible with coding!
Go, code it then. I could do a lot of stuff, but I dont think I would be able to add new gamemode to DP. But since you are such pro, you know everything, go do it yourself. Otherwise just be quiet, you are newb with dumb ideas. Please instead listen to people who were around for some time, you have so much to learn.
In case you want to answer me: Go on, I like trolling newbs, but at least I tried to inform you that your ideas are stupid. But I know newbs can't do anything other than die, quit this game and have dumb ideas.

EDIT: Excuse me, you are not newb, you are noob. Being here since 2009, 30 posts and still can't really play...

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »
LOL you make me laugh, I don't come on the forums much but I do play the game a fair bit. Also:

"No ideas are dumb, only the people who say they are."
 - jitspoe

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:53:51 PM »
Go, code it then. I could do a lot of stuff, but I dont think I would be able to add new gamemode to DP. But since you are such pro, you know everything, go do it yourself. Otherwise just be quiet, you are newb with dumb ideas.
In case you want to answer me: Go on, I like trolling newbs, but at least I tried to inform you that your ideas are stupid. But I know newbs can't do anything other than die, quit this game and have dumb ideas.

EDIT: Excuse me, you are not newb, you are noob. Being here since 2009, 30 posts and still can't really play...
And the community wonders why more people don't play this game...
Where is the love?

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
"No ideas are dumb, only the people who say they are."
 - jitspoe
I heard another version:
"ElimNator is dumb."
 - jitspoe

And the community wonders why more people don't play this game...
Where is the love?
Right, we should instead implement dumb ideas. I tried to just say "no", but this noob is very persistent.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »
not_payl_obviously, your probably a 8 year old kid screaming at your screen.
I'm not going to come down to your immature level.
Also just because you don't like something it doesn't mean everyone won't like it.

I had an idea while playing DB last night, and I thought I would post it.
I always did and still do doubt it will be actually added
because nothing of consequence has been added for years.

But dude, don't hate.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 03:11:26 PM »
Payl is just a troll, ignore him. As for the idea I don't like it, my main reason is that I think it is pointless, you can already play this in Garry's mod, I cant see what advantage would arise from re-making it in this engine. Secondly its not really a priority compared to something like Bot AI, or an official map list both of which take time, like you said anything is possible through code, the constraint is time, effort and knowledge all of which are finite. Still nice to see someone posting ideas on here, they shouldn't be shot down, because you haven't played this game longer than someone. People were talking about a horde mode not so long ago, and we have seen nothing of that, so just know that it does not matter how popular an idea is in my opinion.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
I agree with you mostly, does DP have any sort of easy way to make add-ons/additions to the code?

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
No. You can download the source and modify it, but you are not allowed to play online with a modified executable.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
not_payl_obviously, your probably a 8 year old kid screaming at your screen.
I'm not going to come down to your immature level.
Second line contradicts first one.

Also just because you don't like something it doesn't mean everyone won't like it.
Vice versa. If you like something doesn't mean everyone does.

But dude, don't hate.
Payl is just a troll
trolling is not hate.

Quote from: omni
I cant see what advantage would arise from re-making it in this engine
This is not how programming works, omni.
Actually, nvm, I misunderstood omni. But to avoid confusion, refer to game as "game", not "engine" (because there are various engines in game, but not "engine").

Still nice to see someone posting ideas on here, they shouldn't be shot down, because you haven't played this game longer than someone.
This idea is just stupid, this isn't garry's mod, again. That's why it should be shot down.

People were talking about a horde mode not so long ago, and we have seen nothing of that, so just know that it does not matter how popular an idea is in my opinion.
I think jitspoe thinks of this after making Bot AI. But we will see if even Bot AI gets good update.

I agree with you mostly, does DP have any sort of easy way to make add-ons/additions to the code?
Obviously, another person who knows everything about programming, except programming.
I won't even waste my time saying how much you need to know to modify server assembly to add new gamemode. More than me, and I'm programming for 7+ years.

No. You can download the source and modify it, but you are not allowed to play online with a modified executable.
Xrichardx, I would assume at least you knew, that to implement new gamemode you have to modify server source, which is NOT included.
Also, I think you can run modified executable, why is point of source if you can't. But never wondered, always modified it on-fly.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 04:40:24 PM »
Whatever, I found a way make this work for me and my friends.
They have to copy my modified client over but it should work.

Thanks for all the "helpful" comments...

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 10:41:25 PM »
I heard another version:
"ElimNator is dumb."
 - jitspoe
Right, we should instead implement dumb ideas. I tried to just say "no", but this noob is very persistent.
Right, because jitspoe actually said that.
He may be annoying to you, but you should be able to just say you disagree to his idea and tell why in a non-flaming, non-name calling way. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »
I don't think it would work very well in this game because of the 1 hit kills.  The CS/Garry's mod version requires a little more planning and tactics since it takes time to kill people, and grouping up makes it easier to take somebody down if he turns on you.  In paintball, you could just spray into a group of people and take them out before they had a chance to react.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
True, but if you made most people start with pistols, and a few rare low-end guns. Also with 3-5 bullets. then it would be harder. Of course all this is map end. Maybe it could be like siege mode. Where it is per map.

This is how I am doing it with my friends:

All textures are changed to blue and team kill is on.
Like mentioned above players start with very little stuff.
I am making a custom map with a special building, in there I have those special walls that only certain teams can get trough. That way you can conduct the tests to see who is on your team.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »
True, but if you made most people start with pistols, and a few rare low-end guns. Also with 3-5 bullets. then it would be harder. Of course all this is map end. Maybe it could be like siege mode. Where it is per map.

This is how I am doing it with my friends:

Like mentioned above players start with very little stuff.
I am making a custom map with a special building, in there I have those special walls that only certain teams can get trough. That way you can conduct the tests to see who is on your team.
I don't know how well this will work out but you never know.

If one wants to create a new game mode, it would require mapping a specific way. Jitspoe doesn't have time to make another game mode, so if one desires to do so, it must be through mapping. For example, Mission made a map where you sacrifice yourself for your team by jumping into a hole, grabbing and capping in an instant, and immediately getting eliminated and respawned. So this idea could work if it's possible to map what you have in mind.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »
Use it, get banned. At least one noob less... Then go buy garry's mod if you want to play that gamemode.
It's DP, not garry's mod, srsly how many times can you say that. But noobs just won't listen, instead they complain we don't help and they make modifications to get banned.

For example, Mission made a map where you sacrifice yourself for your team by jumping into a hole, grabbing and capping in an instant, and immediately getting eliminated and respawned. So this idea could work if it's possible to map what you have in mind.
That's not how you are supposed to do that, this map must be bad (no offense baseballdude, but your map sucks because you can't just make good normal map, instead you always have to screw something to make it weird and unplayable).