Author Topic: Crash Sound  (Read 2531 times)

FusSioN

• Autococker
Crash Sound
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »
Hello guys

Whenever I play DP2 and play maps that you can strafe into like wobluda and shaz33, just because I have good speed, I fly in the air, then there is a hard crash. I want to disable that sound because whenever I crash very hard my game "crashes" itself.

Thanks.

P.S. No flaming pls. Don't also tell me to stop strafing :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Crash Sound
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
Um... there's not a sound for flying through the air, so there's nothing to disable.  Could you record a video or something that has the sound in it?  Sounds like there may be an issue with your drivers or something.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:15 PM »
Um... there's not a sound for flying through the air, so there's nothing to disable.  Could you record a video or something that has the sound in it?  Sounds like there may be an issue with your drivers or something.
Okay, jitspoe, I might record it if I will crash

BTW, not only the crash sound makes me "crash" but also the explosion of a nade that detonated near me

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »
@jitspoe: I think he wants to disable the sound that is played when the player hits the ground.

Are you talking about Paintball2\pball\sound\player\land1.wav?
I think renaming or deleting that file will prevent paintball from playing it, but I don't know whether it's allowed to modify sounds.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Before deleting anything, have a quick look in the menu. Pretty sure there is an option to turn the landing sound off.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
@jitspoe: I think he wants to disable the sound that is played when the player hits the ground.

Are you talking about Paintball2\pball\sound\player\land1.wav?
I think renaming or deleting that file will prevent paintball from playing it, but I don't know whether it's allowed to modify sounds.
Yeah, maybe it would work. Let us just wait for jitspoe's decision.

Before deleting anything, have a quick look in the menu. Pretty sure there is an option to turn the landing sound off.
There is no option like that in the menu, but thanks anyway.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 05:41:28 AM »
Yeah, maybe it would work. Let us just wait for jitspoe's decision.
There is no option like that in the menu, but thanks anyway.
Ah, I was thinking of the jumping sound, my mistake.