Author Topic: [Vote] Sunmans texture pack  (Read 8418 times)

lukip

• VM-68
[Vote] Sunmans texture pack
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
can we do a vote to make sunmans texture pack legal ?

no hate/flame posts please.

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: [Vote] Sunmans texture pack
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
No.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
I don't think a vote would change Jitspoes mind. It's his say ultimately, he's put work into his texture pack. Sunmans are sloppy and are not aligned proper. It has been stated multiple times, I don't get why you would even bring this up.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:59:46 AM »
Cheater lukip, dont try to get better with illegal things. Just use Jitspoe's pack and be happy!

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
There is like 0 chance this will happen. While they might look pretty cool visually, they got way too many flaws to be even slightly considered official. For recording frag movies etc i guess it shouldn't hurt, but otherwise its always gonna be big (ban hammer big) NO.

One more reason(surely mentioned before) to not make them legal would be mappers. I've heard quite many times "Whaat, why are my textures missaligned, they look just fine in my PB". Sunman's pack is pretty of compared to the jitspoe's textures, meaning that the maps new mappers would make with this pack, would look terrible/worse with the original one.

To sump up, never gonna happen even if jitspoe was the only person against it ^^. I guess what could happen then, would be replacing original textures with sunman's. Altho it would be total nonsense and would hurt the game generally as sunman isn't even around anymore, thus there would be no progress on textures.

TLDR
No.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
okey, okey..
obviously no chance to make it legal :D

To sump up, never gonna happen even if jitspoe was the only person against it ^^.

if jitspoe wouldnt care, would you vote for yes?

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
It's his (jitspoe) say ultimately
Don't agree, I can easily make cheat to prevent jitspoe from noticing anything unusual.

However, I myself don't see need for this. Not many people want it, there are quite some flaws to those, and no support from original developer. Are they any major pros of those, besides easier noticing of enemy...

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »
I don't think a vote would change Jitspoes mind. It's his say ultimately, he's put work into his texture pack. Sunmans are sloppy and are not aligned proper. It has been stated multiple times, I don't get why you would even bring this up.

blabla, just use whatever textures you want, noone cares

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
if jitspoe wouldnt care, would you vote for yes?
I would vote for having more texture packs in general, not specifically sunman's. I disagree with making them 'legal' in the state there are right. Also, i guess they are quite likely to stay in the state they are -> sorry, nope, wouldn't vote for yes

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »
Have you provided feedback in the official HR4 texture thread? http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22225.0

What textures (specifically) do you like better in the Sunman pack, and why?

So many people complain about what textures are or aren't legal, yet provide absolutely ZERO feedback on how to improve the official textures so we can all have an awesome, standard texture set.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »
So many people complain about what textures are or aren't legal, yet provide absolutely ZERO feedback on how to improve the official textures so we can all have an awesome, standard texture set.
Here's some feedback: They look awesome and as realistic as is possible with the engine we have. Keep doing what you're doing for the rest of the textures. My only complaint is that the team-colored metal textures don't look very "metal." You should consider revising those.

The only reason people prefer Sunman's textures is either to get a cheap advantage or that light-colored stuff is more pleasing to their eyes than jitspoe's realistic textures. I needn't make the "kids love cartoons" analogy yet again, but you get the picture.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 05:15:55 AM »
The only reason people prefer Sunman's textures is either to get a cheap advantage or that light-colored stuff is more pleasing to their eyes than jitspoe's realistic textures. I needn't make the "kids love cartoons" analogy yet again, but you get the picture.
^Referring to these here, as I do not mean to advertise, but check out the game "Warsow", it is so popular cuz of it's cartoonish-like (Bright-ish + Black outlines) graphics. No offense, but the HD texture pack sucks for some maps, I mean for some "unrealistic" looking maps.

It is not very clear to me what made Sunman's texture pack banned, I just know for that nice looking grass and barrels + the boxes *trollface*. For short, no, I don't want it. It's done. It's been confirmed that it is illegal

We dont need texture packs in general, only the community wants it to make the game look "better".
As for me we should definitely make the official HR4 texture pack as a deafult setting in-game, without actually downloading it in the website cuz I believe that not all people go to this website.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
Have you provided feedback in the official HR4 texture thread? http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22225.0

no. i actually think your texture pack looks pretty well. yes it could be a bit brighter but i think someone suggested it before.

What textures (specifically) do you like better in the Sunman pack, and why?

im a player whos switching settings/textures alot, i havent said you texture pack looks not good or something (sorry if you felt like).
i like his textures generally more, dunno why. its just good looking and im not a player who looks on every detail.

So many people complain about what textures are or aren't legal,

yes, it would be good to know which packs/textures are allowed and which are banable (sorry if im the only one who doesnt know it).

yet provide absolutely ZERO feedback on how to improve the official textures so we can all have an awesome, standard texture set.

thats true :D

The only reason people prefer Sunman's textures is either to get a cheap advantage or that light-colored stuff is more pleasing to their eyes than jitspoe's realistic textures.

1. this advantage excrement is completely wrong.
2. why do you care about that? i have never seen you on a pub/speed/pgp/private server. do you even play DPB2?
3. not everything have to be realistic, sometimes unrealistic  plays/looks better. or would you like to die if you fall down from 2nd fg on wobluda?

It is not very clear to me what made Sunman's texture pack banned

exactly.

edit: sorry payl
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:35:45 AM by lukip »

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
Jitspoe, truth is you are one always complaining that people complain about textures.
I do understand you would like to see constructive feedback, but you always complain, never ask etc....

EDIT: Lukip, it's np, just watch out for it, I make those too but remove them.

Also, intercourse you jitspoe:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:24:47 AM by not_payl_obviously »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:54 AM »
It is not very clear to me what made Sunman's texture pack banned

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22225.msg236818#msg236818

I think this post explains it pretty well.

The thing I don't get is how people can claim to like the sunman grass from an aesthetic standpoint.

A) It doesn't look "cartoony" or stylized (an argument that keeps being brought up).  It's just a photograph of grass.
B) It doesn't tile well.  From a distance, it's just splotches of light and dark repeating.
C) It just looks... kinda dead, and with that same texture used for every map, everything looks the same.  Not all grass is a faded pale yellowish color.  Some of it is actually green. :)
D) It just doesn't look right... with the way the texture is mirrored and copied, it creates weird patterns that don't look natural.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22225.msg237232#msg237232 kind of shows what I'm talking about.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:26 PM »
My input is to force the use of the official. Jits asks for input and rarely gets anything constructive. If people put in the effort, the official pack could be looking the way people who help want it to and wouldn't need to use the other packs. The more you help the more it looks the way you want it to.

I don't really see the issue with something like s/s's pack, but it just opens the door for other more obnoxious versions.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 11:46:09 PM »
But IF people really want using different textures, why not change the player model/color to fit sunman's texture?

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 02:02:34 AM »
Because sunman isn't around and as explained numerous times his textures have majors problems, the fact is in no other game you can change things like that so why should you here, people act like spoilt brats and complain and moan and female dog but nobody gives a darn, If I don't like the look of crysis 3 I shut up and play, or don't play. The difference here is that this is a multiplayer game and it makes more sense for everyone to have the same pack, you already have your answer and you have had it for months yet you still bring up useless points and threads like this. Go and use tem if you want, but don't moan when you get banned.

Not aimed anyone in particular.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 04:03:58 AM »
Because sunman isn't around and as explained numerous times his textures have majors problems, the fact is in no other game you can change things like that so why should you here, people act like spoilt brats and complain and moan and female dog but nobody gives a darn, If I don't like the look of crysis 3 I shut up and play, or don't play. The difference here is that this is a multiplayer game and it makes more sense for everyone to have the same pack, you already have your answer and you have had it for months yet you still bring up useless points and threads like this. Go and use tem if you want, but don't moan when you get banned.

Not aimed anyone in particular.

you cant change things like this in other games? you sure brah?

#quake2#changewhateveryouwant#jitspoedoesntcare#usesunmans

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 04:57:49 AM »
the fact is in no other game you can change things like that so why should you here
So, anything we have and others don't should be removed -> We should remove q2-style jumps, so everyone quits because this game becomes cheap CS copy.
Way to go, omni.

I don't agree on everyone has to have same pack too. Whilst on pub IDC, on match this probably should be controlled.
Other points about sunmans are correct.