Author Topic: advanced scoreboard  (Read 8072 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: advanced scoreboard
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
Dear Clipz,Sincerely,
Everyone
Clipz maps are good imo

Don't try to flame me
Sorry if I came across as rude; I was simply debating what you said and expressing my point of view.

...there are many mistakes in ever post you have made.

- Anyone who has matched before should realize "caps" are a terrible way of having the scoreboard sorted. It should carry some weight - but keyword is some. Kills/Death and Win/Loss are far more important factors.

- In "Matches" between clans (not poor pub teams, but real teams who give a intercourse about winning and aren't garbage. You know, the people who will be on the top of scoreboards) - there are not many caps. Caps are typically a cause of revives or trades. It is rare for a "good" player to be capped in a match. This is because capping isn't that important, nobody just goes around capping people. Teamwork causes caps more than skill does, when its 2 good teams.
You should change the default order of players on the scoreboard for public servers so that the player with the most caps is at the top of the scoreboard for his/her team. I don't believe that this is an issue for matches, so what I'm thinking is that it could be a setting/c_var to control how the scoreboard is organized.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »
It is true though in competitive play caps don't happen. They will happen from time to time but mainly because of revives.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
who cares about scoreboards for pub servers. Half of them are braindead people who downloaded the game for a day. It doesn't need a ranking system passed K/D for that excrement. Just have it so it can sort - but default is sorted by KD, and have all the stats out there. Doesn't need anything important for public servers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »
How about sorting by something like: caps * 8 + grabs * 4 + kills * 2 - deaths

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
How about making it so when you put your cursor/click the player's name, it shows their localstats? Then you can see stuff like in the Global Gamers chart like efficiency (K/D & G/C ratios). That way, you see a more detailed description of them.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
How about making it so when you put your cursor/click the player's name, it shows their localstats? Then you can see stuff like in the Global Gamers chart like efficiency (K/D & G/C ratios). That way, you see a more detailed description of them.

The only problem with that is local stats can be easily edited and will not be correct. It would only work if we had a stats system based off the global login system.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
How about sorting by something like: caps * 8 + grabs * 4 + kills * 2 - deaths

I like it all except for grabs. Seems high to be worth half a cap.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »
I think a ranking system based on
caps * 8 + grabs * 4 + kills * 2 - deaths
would be good as in my opinion a rank system needs to be implemented most importantly. Even if it is just on the scoreboard I guess it is some progress of a points system that could be used to rank people, but maybe after that link it with the GBL to make a "public leaderboard" which would entise people to make a GBL. This leadboard would be the basis for a ranking system and then a clan ranking system with the official map list. I'm desperate for some progress to be made with this more than any other thing like bots or whatever...

Edit: I also think it would be better to keep the scores to a multiple of 10... for exampls, ((caps * 0.8) + (grabs * 0.4) + (kills * 0.2) - (deaths * 0.1)) * 100

If you got 5 caps, 13 grabs, 17 kills and 23 deaths your score would be 1030
Say you got high scores: 10 caps, 23 grabs, 120 kills and 6 deaths your score would be 4060. This keeps the score lower than 5 digits.
No decimal places and it is very hard to get a minus score so your points rating in a league would hardly go down unless you had many many deaths.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:12:25 AM by Mission »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
@mission, I like the use of decimals, though I don't understand the benefits of having all players' scores end in a 0? I think it'd look nasty.

Is the ranking system going to be for the match scene or both match scene and pub scene? I seem to have forgotten :/

Anyway, my input is:

I feel as though players should not be given too many extra points when grabbing the flag compared to eliminating an opposing player. Also, maybe consider increasing the values a little bit. I'm not sure if everyone else feels the same way as I do, but when I get 100 points in BF4 for getting a kill then switch to a game like Minecraft and receive only 1 point for getting a kill, I get a bit frustrated. Even though I know I'm achieving the same thing, receiving the higher score makes you feel like you've accomplished more. eh, it's 2am.

An example of possible values, amount is the amount of each action.
Code: [Select]
||Possible values 1 - Rick's 2AM values||
amount = 5
CAPS: (amount) * (30) = 150
GRABS: (amount) * (10) = 50
KILLS: (amount) * (7) = 35
DEATHS: (amount) * (-5) = -25
TOTAL: 235 - 25 = 215pts.

amount = 1
CAPS: (amount) * (30) = 30
GRABS: (amount) * (10) = 10
KILLS: (amount) * (7) = 7