Author Topic: [Bug] Ammo Disappears When Hopper Is Dropped  (Read 3455 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
[Bug] Ammo Disappears When Hopper Is Dropped
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
When you drop your hopper and you have more than 40 ammo, the rest of your ammo disappears. So, if you had 100 ammo and you dropped your hopper, you would have 40 and there would be no ammo box near you.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: [Bug] Ammo Disappears When Hopper Is Dropped
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »
this might have to do with real life paintball. So it's definetly intended.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:50 AM »
Press your dropammo bind before drophopper. :)

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but at one point, the extra ammo was actually stored in the hopper, so if you picked that hopper back up, you'd get the extra ammo back.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »
this might have to do with real life paintball. So it's definetly intended.
Ammo doesn't disappear in real life paintball. It stays in the hopper, like jitspoe said.

Press your dropammo bind before drophopper. :)
Sometimes my finger misses the "w" key and hits the "3" key... ;D

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but at one point, the extra ammo was actually stored in the hopper, so if you picked that hopper back up, you'd get the extra ammo back.
I tried your solution on multiple servers and you're right haha. I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly. Although I could have sworn that the ammo disappeared one time, it was probably just my imagination. I probably wasn't thinking clearly and forgot common sense implies that the ammo stays in the hopper, not back into the boxes.

My mistake. Gracias.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
As an aside, if you bind your drophopper key to "dropammo medium;dropammo small;drophopper" it'll drop a box of 50 and a box of 25 if you're holding a full 100 round hopper.  It drops less than that if you have under 75 ammo.