Author Topic: Siege map in progress - redoubt  (Read 5539 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
Siege map in progress - redoubt
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:48 PM »
Hi!
Im working on a new siege map.
Its a very very early preview of beta 1.
If you want, post your ideas for it here :)
Screenshots:

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Siege map in progress - redoubt
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
Looks good from the screens. Keep up the good work!

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:37:52 AM »
It looks good from the screenshots.

Maybe you could add trees like in oth?

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:11 AM »
I'll add some trees but I think that I wont use models, I'll use brush trees instead of them-they will look better on this map IMO

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »
I like the fact that you're making a siege map. :)
Looks nice! I hope to play it!

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 10:50:29 PM »
Make a CTF map. Seige maps are not fun and the game needs some more matching maps.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM »
Make a CTF map. Seige maps are not fun and the game needs some more matching maps.
I had an idea for a siege map, not ctf :p
I don't think so-we have 3gbs of maps, and there are many good forgotten ctf maps

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:59:52 AM »
clipz won't stop saying this. Every time somebody is working on a siege map he can't resist to critize the mapper.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 05:02:20 AM »
Yeah there might be some ok ones. But the gameplay and visuals on them are horrible. Siege mode is honestly the most boring mode for dp2 by a landslide. Soccer is far more interesting.

I'm not criticizing HTML at all. I'm criticizing siege maps and the lack of fun it is. I'm not judging the map yet due to it being 20 brushes max.

I told you your siege maps wasn't the best rock, was I wrong? I've never seen it been asked for nor played on a daily basis. You guys put out maps and someone says something and the tears start flowing. Take it as motivation to do better everyone's maps are complete dog excrement at one point or another.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »
Good to see a new mapper in the community! Siege maps are pretty fun maps, and it should be a pretty good learning experience. Good luck :)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »
Just because you don't enjoy playing siege maps doesn't mean they are boring. And keep in mind that university was my first map and therefore it's structure would need quite some remodeling which is of course useless, because that meant remaking the whole thing. Maybe siege isn't a good mode for playing competitivly but it's really good for pub and some casual playing.

Just like Rick said: The first maps are about learning the basis of mapping and it doesn't matter what kind of map it is. As long as you put effort into it you're going to make progress either way.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:08 AM »
Siege maps are fine, they'll never be played -  but the concept of them is fine. Use it to learn to map, we don't need matchmaps cause in reality none of the current mappers have the experience/talent to make a good matchmap. Also, there isn't even a matching scene anymore. So focus on improving your mapping in hopes of the game ever getting active again.

Aero

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
Nice, a new Siege map :D
I would like to add it on Siege Europe when it is finished or a beta version is working good, keep working :)

I like Siege maps, because there you can play much more tactical than just rushing.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 05:09:20 AM »
sshots are broken. pls update.