Author Topic: Nade bug or hack?  (Read 4556 times)

aborted

• VM-68
Nade bug or hack?
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
15:58 - round started
15:50 - Possible nade bug or hack

It is clear that the nade hit the player.

lukip

• VM-68
Re: Nade bug or hack?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:41:18 PM »
dear phenix, youre doing it well! but you need to improve. you may can get on d1es level! [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRQ80UfuKw&list=UUXXk2Vn5bCZTYiFVDgZHK_g ]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
I can't watch the demo right now, but the grenades actually spawn paintballs flying in random directions, so sometimes it's possible (though rare) to survive a grenade hit (especially if it's at a high velocity and bounces back really fast).

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »
Look at the demo when you can and you will see what happened

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »
Finally got around to looking at this.  The way grenades are currently implemented, they fire a bunch of projectiles in random directions.  It's entirely possible, though unlikely, that the projectiles will all fire in a direction away from a player.  Also, grenades are handled server side, so there's not really a way to hack them (unless the server itself is running some sort of hack).  I think this is just a case of luck.

The only thing that looked odd was the second grenade after you died.  I guess your teammate threw that?

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 12:53:20 AM »
Finally got around to looking at this.  The way grenades are currently implemented, they fire a bunch of projectiles in random directions.  It's entirely possible, though unlikely, that the projectiles will all fire in a direction away from a player.  Also, grenades are handled server side, so there's not really a way to hack them (unless the server itself is running some sort of hack).  I think this is just a case of luck.

The only thing that looked odd was the second grenade after you died.  I guess your teammate threw that?
There were many situations ingame like this when it comes to nades.Many players said that the nades are "broken" in build 40.
I was in situations like getting hit by one and didn't die..

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
There were many situations ingame like this when it comes to nades.Many players said that the nades are "broken" in build 40.
I was in situations like getting hit by one and didn't die..
no idea if there is some context, but in the past few weeks i felt like its possible to bath in nades without dying. i feel like it got worse even if you havent realized a new build.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »
no idea if there is some context, but in the past few weeks i felt like its possible to bath in nades without dying. i feel like it got worse even if you havent realized a new build.
Yea, thats what I said.. Its 'broken'

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
I don't disagree.  I'm just saying it's not a hack.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
I don't disagree.  I'm just saying it's not a hack.
Yes now I know, just at that time broken nades were not spoted yet so I tought..