Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 2788 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Apple Watch
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »
What is your opinion on the recently announced Apple Watch?

Here's mine.

We all know that Apple's rather large inner circle of insane fanboys (the ones with both the iPhone 5c and 5s) will all buy the $350 watch in a heartbeat. But other than those people, I doubt that Apple will draw enough customers. I highly doubt that the Apple Watch will catch on and become a teen fashion trend, but if it does, I expect that Apple will be countin' their big bucks. As far as the practical-minded people are concerned, the Apple Watch will seem like a very expensive replacement for any old watch: it has fewer capabilities than the average smart phone, and it presents the capabilities it does have with less convenience due to the smallness of the screen, plus it will need constant charging; whereas standard watches have incredibly long battery lives.

The former CEO of Intel believes that making a better watch than the current standard was the company's worst move. I predict that Apple will feel the same way. You heard it here first: the Apple Watch will be a complete bust.

Ace

• Autococker
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:16:58 PM »
Apple Watch = iPodShuffle with an arm band.  "Let me hold my iphone with my hand that has a mini iphone on it."

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:28:19 AM »
Think about how the first Ipad was compared to the most recent. At the moment the watch is very thick and clunky looking and they will probably have done that on purpose so that they can come out with new, thinner watches. They will also improve the software on it too.
Even though they mght come out with new, better ones, I just think it's a gimmic. It's dumb that you need an iphone to use it because why not just take your iphone out of your pocket?
However it doesn't really matter how the watch does because apple already know they will make most of their money out of the iphone 6 and 6+.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
I barely ever look at my phone during the day, just lives in my room or in a bag.  It's a $100 nokia with a keypad.  Messaging and more on my wrist?  No thankyou.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
Another thing I don't like about Apple is that IOS8 takes 6 GB's to download. So I had to move/delete half the stuff on my phone.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
Another thing I don't like about Apple is that IOS8 takes 6 GB's to download. So I had to move/delete half the stuff on my phone.
Apple is bad. Its rotten. It use to be ripe. When iPhone came out, the apple was bitten, fresh, ripe and juicy. But after not finishing the apple, the apple started reacting with air etc... And is now rotten. What will Apple do now? Plant the apple seed or buy a new apple. And once the apple tree grows, Apple waits for the apple to fall on the head of "sir Issac newton".

Moral of story? Apple was once the creative mind/creator when Steve Jobs was alive; and now is the follower.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
Apple is bad. Its rotten. It use to be ripe. When iPhone came out, the apple was bitten, fresh, ripe and juicy. But after not finishing the apple, the apple started reacting with air etc... And is now rotten. What will Apple do now? Plant the apple seed or buy a new apple. And once the apple tree grows, Apple waits for the apple to fall on the head of "sir Issac newton".

Moral of story? Apple was once the creative mind/creator when Steve Jobs was alive; and now is the follower.
Steve Jobs didnt even invent the first iPod.
He just knew how to use others ideas as his ideas.
Steve Wozniak was a great sciencist, Jobs was just a buisnessman like Bill Gates...