Author Topic: Lets popularize this game! Forum signatures with info about player's status.  (Read 9128 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
Hi!
I have decided to learn PHP and this is the result of my today's lesson :P

If you are registered on some another forums, you can generate your signature code here: https://dp.mrokita.pl/files/tags/generator.php.
The signature image links to http://digitalpaint.org, so it's a kind of an ad.
Its content is updated every 20 seconds (it's based on my web serverbrowser at https://sb.mrokita.pl).

Greetings,
hTml
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:38:17 PM by mRokita »

Ace

• Autococker
Login ID probably doesn't need to be up there. Use it for the generation. People on other forums could care less what your id is, only your name/clan/status/game.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
The OTB forum has signatures like that too.

mRokita

• Autococker
The OTB forum has signatures like that too.

Yeah, but they work only on the OTB forum.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
I'd consider using it if it didnt say powered by html and your website

Ace

• Autococker
I'd consider using it if it didnt say powered by html and your website

At least drop the name, and keep the website in tiny font in a normal color, yanno not lime green.

Union

• PGP
If a popular YouTuber played DP I bet that would make the game VERY popular, also full of n00bs.
But playing against noobs would be fun for a bit.

FusSioN

• Autococker
If a popular YouTuber played DP I bet that would make the game VERY popular, also full of n00bs.
But playing against noobs would be fun for a bit.
it won't happen unless the game is in Steam.

^That also won't happen

TRION

• 68 Carbine
Fussion.... you are a youtuber :P

mRokita

• Autococker
it won't happen unless the game is in Steam.
^That also won't happen
Why do we have to use Steam?
There are so many alternatives
Jitspoe, this looks intresting:
http://desura.com
http://www.desura.com/groups/linux-gamers/forum/thread/open-source-games-already-in-desura

FusSioN

• Autococker
Why do we have to use Steam?
Maybe it's popular

mRokita

• Autococker
Maybe it's popular
But it's propably impossible for paintball as jitspoe said...

prozajik

• Autococker
But it's propably impossible for paintball as jitspoe said...
->Popular youtuber wont play it, its an enchanted circle.
Anyway, i recall some of the reason about why PB can't get on steam, one of them being implementation of steam UI. Its pretty easy to stream PB using steam. And gives you pretty cool quality, one that made me fix my OBS settings and finally figure them out. That being said, steam has it somehow figured out and when i added paintball2 as non-steam game i was able to use steam UI without any problems, so the implementation shouldn't be an issue.
Just wanted to throw it out here and if anyone wants to get into streaming, I guess steam provides the most user-friendly interface and is really easy to use.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Anyway, i recall some of the reason about why PB can't get on steam, one of them being implementation of steam UI. Its pretty easy to stream PB using steam. And gives you pretty cool quality, one that made me fix my OBS settings and finally figure them out. That being said, steam has it somehow figured out and when i added paintball2 as non-steam game i was able to use steam UI without any problems, so the implementation shouldn't be an issue.
Just wanted to throw it out here and if anyone wants to get into streaming, I guess steam provides the most user-friendly interface and is really easy to use.

It's from a few years ago, but I think this is still relevant.  From a thread about Steam Greenlight:

Pros:
- Could help increase popularity of the game.

Cons:
- Might be some awkward legal/licensing issues.
- Development time will likely increase to do steam integration.
- Cost?

Still might be worth looking into.

prozajik

• Autococker
Hah thanks for the find ma I remember this post, but had no idea where to look for it.

IMO, the steam implementation shouldn't be a problem, because there are quite few games which aren't/weren't implemented for steam at all. Eg. Dark Souls 1, used to work with GFWL[1] (hugest deepest excrement ever ^^), but it was still possible to buy the game over steam, activate it and use it there, without using GFWL to launch it. Like a week ago GFWL got removed and DS1 got implemented for steam ALONG with achievements. I am not sure how exactly it works, but i guess it might be possible to refuse implementing the game for steam in any way. But that would require someone who actually knows something more about this than speculations.

The main problem i see right now, is the lack of updates. I am not sure how nicely would steam look at a game, which wasn't updated in few months (half a year? A year?). Even tho pretty huge pro would be, that the game stayed active/alive for few years now. That's not an issue people come to greenlight with, they come there to get someone to keep the game alive/active, not to get more active people i think.

[1]GFWL - Games for Windows Live, an attempt to create steam-like launcher from microsoft, which was a complete failure (the facts might have been affected by the hate on GFWL)