Author Topic: Holiday Tourney [Completed 1-3]  (Read 30117 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
No, you can't remake the match or do 1 match each, that makes it WAY too long of a match for a weekend tournament. It needs to be something along the lines of:
-- Random generator to choose
-- NA server because NA is running tournament (Gotta represent your nation! lol, whenever I participate in EU tournaments they never cared to give NA servers to us EVER!)
-- Add up total K/D's of every team member of both played maps, team with better overall KDR gets their server for tie
-- One team chooses the map, the other team gets server

There's a buncha ways, random generator = most fair ---> Although NA server due to NA running tournament is an idea I like too... pretty sour about always playing all EU servers every tournament lol
Its not like this is going to happen every tie. We played quite few matches against each other and it never happened to us. If its ever going to happen, it won't be more than 2 times in this tourney. So if you played tie on both servers and decided winner based on that, you would get 2 more maps than you are supposed to in the whole tourney, yea what a time waste. I am sure some of the other matches won't go into tie, so you got your time back there.

-- Random generator? Come on, we might aswell use random generator to chose the winner, at least new teams would have a chance.
-- Yea, because all the tourneys you participated in in last 2 years or so were bo1, we even offered you making bo1 into bo3 and switching servers at one point. Also I remember about two or three tourneys in which we were switching servers against you guys. But its still gonnass's tourney so its his decision.
-- K/D is just another number that could be same for both teams, could resolve the issue but there is possibility that it might not
-- Meh, thats how it works for first two maps, so basically instead of playing TIE we would just get another 'normal' map, doesn't really work imo.

Btw, there weren't that many occasions to resolve NA/EU matches, because if was usually just you guys singing up and usually wasn't expected for NA team to sign up. So yea, you are complaining about something that you willingly decided to take part in, while knowing you won't get NA server (and yet you did with us).
The reason why i am trying to make this fair, is because gonass is kind enough to keep EU teams in mind and actually make teams switch servers. If he said, that whole tourney would be played on NA server i wouldn't have said a word about this, but since gonass is trying to make this tourney fair for all, i am just suggesting ways how to achieve this. I don't agree with most of your suggestions being fair and there is no way to make it fair without having to play an extra map i think.

About the tie map color, yea it makes sense as long as you don't know the tie map in advance.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
[4b] will probably be there, we will cancel if not ahead of time

soulo
sl4
shock
flukek9

oNd

• Stingray
We will probably participate too..

.oXz.

ond
obi
sadlair

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
Where is the map list?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Where is the map list?

Your wish has been granted.  Was hoping to take some time to check out some lesser known or lesser played maps and put them in the list, but o well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:00:51 PM by gonass »

MyeRs

• Autococker
Your wish has been granted.  Was hoping to take some time to check out some lesser known or lesser played maps and put them in the list, but o well.

The 3 ???? on the maplist = maps you're going to add in last minute?

PS- your maplist did hit a few maps that aren't played with decent gameplay, while still having some common maps. Fairly well rounded list.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
The 3 ???? on the maplist = maps you're going to add in last minute?

PS- your maplist did hit a few maps that aren't played with decent gameplay, while still having some common maps. Fairly well rounded list.

Yes

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Just thought I'd mention for the nubs out there that you don't have to be a registered clan to play as a team. 

MyeRs

• Autococker
Quick question:

The 2 servers that are supposed to be used (and the owners of the servers both already agreed to them) --- I don't believe cP's have been updated yet (and the tournament is this Saturday) and I haven't seen JMR around in a while - nor are his servers online right now.

Might need to look into this - or try to find an alternative if these admins can't provide their servers anymore.

mRokita

• Autococker
Quick question:

The 2 servers that are supposed to be used (and the owners of the servers both already agreed to them) --- I don't believe cP's have been updated yet (and the tournament is this Saturday) and I haven't seen JMR around in a while - nor are his servers online right now.

Might need to look into this - or try to find an alternative if these admins can't provide their servers anymore.
I can host some, just send me a server config and I'll run it.
I can also try to make some statistics/irc match streaming system but im not sure about my time.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Quick question:

I already talked to Clipz.  He's actually gone to update them a few times but people were playing so he didn't want to kick them off and thus put off updating it.  No worries with his.  They'll be ready and I'll probably have him throw up a few more to have more concurrent matches.

I'll try to contact JMR and see what's going on.

html, do you have a VPS or a dedicated server?

mRokita

• Autococker
I already talked to Clipz.  He's actually gone to update them a few times but people were playing so he didn't want to kick them off and thus put off updating it.  No worries with his.  They'll be ready and I'll probably have him throw up a few more to have more concurrent matches.

I'll try to contact JMR and see what's going on.

html, do you have a VPS or a dedicated server?
VPS, no problems with 32/32 at my speed. Located in PoznaƄ, Poland.
Well, hosting 2 pb servers for a 3v3 tournament doesnt need a hard, dedicated server.
Btw, it looks like JMR doesnt want to spend his time on this game anymore, his paintball website is offline.

MyeRs

• Autococker
I'm not sure if hTml's server is the best idea.

OTB is always willing to donate theirs for tournaments, and europeans always play on them. Might as well use the servers Europeans use the most, if JMR backs out.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
I will do it tonight. I've played on your servers HTML and the lag was horrible, alot of packet loss.

mRokita

• Autococker
I will do it tonight. I've played on your servers HTML and the lag was horrible, alot of packet loss.
Its an EU server...
UDP packets cant survive as long travel ;P
Talk to MrPeach(btQ), he used to play on my match servers.
(No packet loss for me)

P.S.
I'm hTml, not html or HTML ;D

lukip

• VM-68
Its an EU server...
UDP packets cant survive as long travel ;P
Talk to MrPeach(btQ), he used to play on my match servers.
(No packet loss for me)

P.S.
I'm hTml, not html or HTML ;D

edit: nvm my post, i should learn how to read correctly. lol.

mRokita

• Autococker
mrpeach is actually from poland isnt he? same for you. your servers are located in poland too, maybe thats why^^
Well, then talk to Lockout, lospalkos or Korean.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
I have not been on the forums in a while. Thankfully, prozajik reminded me about the tournament and that some people wanted my servers.

I would be willing to host servers for the tournament on the same server that I used to host #sPec# servers.

But #sPec# will not be participating in this tournament, you can remove us from the list.

Happy new year.

Server name:
Tournament # [UK]

Number of servers:

Join password:
tourn1

Login password:
t111

gonass

• 68 Carbine
I have not been on the forums in a while. Thankfully, prozajik reminded me about the tournament and that some people wanted my servers.

I would be willing to host servers for the tournament on the same server that I used to host #sPec# servers.

But #sPec# will not be participating in this tournament, you can remove us from the list.

Happy new year.

Server name:
Tournament # [UK]

Number of servers:

Join password:
tourn1

Login password:
t111

Many thanks, JMR!  I wish you guys could make it, but I also really appreciate you letting us use your server and your contributions to the community over the years.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Holiday Tourney - Rules and Signups [Updated 1-1] - 11 teams. Maps revealed
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2014, 11:52:53 PM »
Mine are updated too. I'll make more tomorrow.