Author Topic: Map Idea/Alpha: Shaft mine of some sort  (Read 1154 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Map Idea/Alpha: Shaft mine of some sort
« on: December 21, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »
So I've almost finished another project of mine, and thought with what little creativity I have, to have another go at mapping.

The idea so far is two teams, one based underground (more or less cave looking), one based above, and for it to be KOTH/Siege.  Theme is as above, a shaft mine of some sort (i'm thinking initial stages of building the mine, so the depth of the underground section is realistically only 10m or so), with an elevator to the top as part of the shaft, a cart out the side with a couple of walkways out as well (as 'emergency exits').  Time of day to be early morning with a mist around.

Need some opinions on some of it though:
 - i'm worried about the openness of the outside affecting vis, considering most shaft mines are in open areas.
 - flag underground of flag somewhere up to the top of the shaft? Both have possible means of camping, but to get underground, you have multiple entries, whereas to get to the top of the shaft, its really only an elevator (and maybe a ladder).  I've thought considering its in 'construction' stages, possible to build a crane next to it, so someone could climb the crane, and drop down to the flag?

If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas that could contribute, feel free to post.

And yes, I have started making it, and no, I won't post it, because its currently a box with raised platform for texture testing (was trying to make a steel texture using filter forge).