Author Topic: Ban Time Discussion  (Read 4599 times)

knuddlee

• Stingray
Ban Time Discussion
« on: December 23, 2014, 04:50:32 AM »
I may have prematurely set the ban time to 64.  He came clean before being banned.  I'll up it temporarily to 1024, since everybody is freaking out about it, and I do have a few more questions to ask, but it will probably be reduced to 64 or lower since he did come clean about it.

So in other words, what you're saying is: If somebody gets clean about a (Wall-)Hack BEFORE getting banned, the bantime will be shorter than 64 days? Seriously?
When you increased the bantime to 1024, you did this while saying "It takes me roughly a hour or more to get someone banned, the 1024 bans will ensure, that I don't have to do it so often anymore. (Cause fo the deterrence coming with 1024 days). Don't you think you'll find yourself in the same dilemma as before if you reduce the time again now?

Not saying that reducing for clean-comers is bad, but i think 128 would also do it.

MrPeach

• VM-68
Re: Ban Time Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:04:34 AM »
Ban times used to be reduced to 32 days from 64. So now it's not that bad tho.
64 days wasn't that long so people wouldn't mind waiting for their bans to expire instead of coming clean and giving away his friends etc. It was the main point of increasing the ban time.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:40:49 AM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24370.0

Goes along with this.  1024 if you cheat, reduced to the original 64 days that you used to get for cheating if you say what the hack was, where it came from, etc.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:45:03 AM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24370.0

Goes along with this.  1024 if you cheat, reduced to the original 64 days that you used to get for cheating if you say what the hack was, where it came from, etc.

Thanks, couldnt find the topic myself.

1024 if you cheat is clear. But where is the 64-time statement? :o

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »
There's no official statement for 64 days.  I ban for 1024.  If you cooperate, send me information on cheats you've used and help identify who has been distributing them, your ban can be reduced.  How much varies from case to case.

ecoli

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
Now we all got our Christmas presents this year from uncle jitspoe...

@jitspoe: maybe it would be a better idea to judge everyone the same. With 64 days.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »

@jitspoe: maybe it would be a better idea to judge everyone the same. With 64 days.

people should get another 1024 days just for thinking "it was so funny". the "judge everyone the same" part doesnt make any sense in my opinion.

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
people should get another 1024 days just for thinking "it was so funny". the "judge everyone the same" part doesnt make any sense in my opinion.

people should get another 1024 days just for thinking "Lets s*ck up to jitspoe and make myself standing in the best light like an innocent lamb" - lukip, come on really? Please don't act always like you are peaceful jesus and the most serious person ever, cause you arent.
Don't you remember...I think you used a speedhack too years ago - where are your 1024+ days for thinking that it was funny? Or did you just think
"Oh excrement I am using a speedhack, it just happened, I dont know why I did this :("?
Srsly.

User banned.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:38:25 PM by Cameron »

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »

He hands out bans based on how people react and cooperate. If someone is nice about it, doesn't make a joke of it, and gives him the information he asks for, the ban is going to be significantly reduced compared to someone who lashes out.

ecoli

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
He hands out bans based on how people react and cooperate. If someone is nice about it, doesn't make a joke of it, and gives him the information he asks for, the ban is going to be significantly reduced compared to someone who lashes out.
I am not sure how much you  know about how everybody cooperates and provides information. I just said that it would be just fair to judge everybody the same. How long, it is not my decision. Because all of them did the same. So why should somebody be banned less than another for doing the same?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »
I am not sure how much you  know about how everybody cooperates and provides information. I just said that it would be just fair to judge everybody the same. How long, it is not my decision. Because all of them did the same. So why should somebody be banned less than another for doing the same?

I didn't say anything I knew anything about the info anyone gave, I just wanted to explain his reasoning for most of the past cases. In your case, you are acting like an idiot, so you'll probably end up with a 1024 along with all the other people cheating.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
Split this from the ban topic and cleaned it up.  Please keep this on topic.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 03:59:23 AM »
Firstly: I'm now officially (lol) the starter of this thread, so this post/thread can't be considered OT in any means [anymore].

Why got L3vi banned for his post? I wrote something very similar, my post was even harsher i think. Me: unbanned, He: banned? Reason please? (I think this was Cameron obv, he can just send me another pn regarding this request)

Question to eco: You said you did the very same as everyone else. I can hardly believe that, but to clarify this topic, can you just write what EXACTLY you did? Thanks, this would help a lot.

Edit: Cameron, i like your signature. Much wow indeed.

coraz0n

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 04:41:56 AM »
My englisch isn't that good,  so can anybody explain to me,  how I can cooperate with jitspoe and can get my ban time reduced? And what do you mean with come clean with?
Reinstall paintball or what?

OK,  thank you Omni ;)
Marry Christmas :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:14:38 AM by coraz0n »

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
It means to confess, if you have a hack report it.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 06:34:47 AM »
Split this from the ban topic and cleaned it up.  Please keep this on topic.
But...but....my post ^^

I am not sure how much you  know about how everybody cooperates and provides information. I just said that it would be just fair to judge everybody the same. How long, it is not my decision. Because all of them did the same. So why should somebody be banned less than another for doing the same?
So, let me revive few sentences from my post which got deleted. Basically you are complaining that jitspoe lowered your ban? You would be much more happier with 1024 days? Well jitspoe, you heard the man. Honestly, as i posted before, you should have shut up and be happy that jitspoe lowered it, instead you come here and complain about it, what logic is that?

Anyway, i don't know how you didn't get that yet, but jitspoe banned you all for 1024, because you used the same hack. But where the difference in your ban times comes from you ask? It is in your attitude towards it. You reported yourself, before it got detected by jitspoe anticheat. Meaning you might have given up your chance for not being detected at all, but you wanted to be punished, because you realised its wrong.
Given that you haven't figured that out yet, i would say that it was just a fluke and you didn't intend this at all. Also, given how really stupid you are acting, my guess is you are gonna get 1024 right about....now.

be quiet tobi, ty.
Its a forum, everyone can express their opinion/ask questions here and guess what, you can't stop them.