Author Topic: #DP2match  (Read 7530 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
#DP2match
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:37:43 PM »
Join GlobalGamers IRC and type "/join #DP2match" to find matches any time you want!

Purpose?

To facilitate the process in which NA and EU teams can find matches in Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0 - You can also rent any of the current private servers from this channel!

How does it work?

Currently, you just connect to IRC, join the room #DP2match, and tell people you want a match! ie: "Looking for a 3v3, PM me"

How do I rent a server from there?

To rent a server you have to use the command ".rent" followed by the server you want. If the server is available the bot will give you the server in that channel so only you can see it. For example, ".rent prozak" will give you the first available prozak server.

What are the commands?

Commands are only necessary for renting a server at the moment. The commands for that are: ".rent (servername)" to rent a server, and ".status" to view which servers are available.

How do I connect to IRC?

There are many ways to do this, the simplest being going to this link: -- http://digitalpaint.org/irc/index.html -- (which is just clicking the CHAT tab on the Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0 website) - For more information on getting started on IRC, please read the following thread: -- http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15445.0 -- Also, look at: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=27428.0 --

How can we help?

The community can help by trying to give this a chance and actively looking for matches using this method! Any ideas for improvements while maintaining the simplicity of this are always appreciated. This is purely to help the matching scene.

Why should I use this? I hate IRC.

The current means of finding matches in pubs/skype leads to the same teams continually playing. And makes it hard for newer or older players coming back to find matches. I personally depended on Shockwave to contact most of our matches through Skype. This does not force anyone to understand IRC (people have complained and told me that they struggled getting channels set up / finding matches on it), all you have to be able to do is type "/join #DP2match" -- and that you want to match!

Channel Admins

The admins are just active players who are there to keep the peace, and help people if they have any questions. You will know who they are by seeing who has an "@" beside their name in the user list.

Anything else?

Typing "!info" in the channel will give you access to some other information, such as active Teamspeak3 servers that can be used by anyone in DP2, and a list of all Active Clans. Lastly, you can use the command: "!dpsearch" in the channel to look up any account WITHOUT opening a website!

--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

Thank you to Clipz, hTml, and Rockitude for working together to make a script for renting match servers from the channel.

--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

Thanks to everyone who tries to make this work. Hopefully this can facilitate and maybe improve the matching scene. And I hope in the future some form of chat can be implemented into the game itself that can do everything we have setup in the channel. Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:43:43 PM by MyeRs »

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Re: #DP2match
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »
Perhaps we should link the webirc here.  We can pass in different parameters than the chat link on dplogin.com to have it join the dp2 match channel automatically on connecting and automatically connecting with a random nickname.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

gonass

• 68 Carbine

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
An update on this!

We are almost finished making a script for getting matches and seeing all active match queries!

Commands will be:

".L4" --> To see the 5 most recent match queries
".L4 #vs# PM me" --> To submit a match query.

And don't forget that the server rentals are all setup! Featuring: OTB / Arctic / Prozak / Superman / Underrated / hTml servers! If you wish to get your servers added, please contact either MyeRs or hTml, you can find us in #DP2match on Globalgamers IRC.

The commands for server rentals are:

".status" --> To see all available servers to lease
".rent (servername)" --> To rent the server you need

---
---
---
---

The above posts by Gonass and Jitspoe will also facilitate the process of connecting to this channel on IRC! Click either of the links to join #DP2match

http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?randomnick=1&channels=dp2match&uio=MT11bmRlZmluZWQmMz1mYWxzZSY5PXRydWUmMTA9dHJ1ZSYxMT0yMjYmMTI9dHJ1ZQcf

http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?nick=&channels=paintball,dp2match&prompt=1&uio=Mz1mYWxzZSY5PXRydWUmMTA9dHJ1ZSYxMT0yMjYmMTI9dHJ1ZQ20

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »
The !L4 command added!

A complete list of the available commands:

/EDIT:
the .rent command

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »
How long before they auto expire?

What about an option to specify host and have it just grab the next available one instead of everyone having to check first?

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »
How long before they auto expire?
1 hour or 5 new match queries

/Edit: 2nd question: no reason for that IMO: people can read and sometimes you dont want to match against some team.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »
1 hour or 5 new match queries

/Edit: 2nd question: no reason for that IMO: people can read and sometimes you dont want to match against some team.

In regards to the 2nd question, I was talking about servers, not matches.  I think it's rather pointless for making people check to see what server is available when they only care about host and location.  They should be able to reserve any available Prozak server just by doing .rent Prozak instead of having to check 1-4 servers to find one, if any, are available and then requesting that specific server.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
In regards to the 2nd question, I was talking about servers, not matches.  I think it's rather pointless for making people check to see what server is available when they only care about host and location.  They should be able to reserve any available Prozak server just by doing .rent Prozak instead of having to check 1-4 servers to find one, if any, are available and then requesting that specific server.
As i said on irc, its in the TODO list. I will add it soon.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 05:21:18 AM »
DP2Bot is back with an updated list of match servers :)
#DP2Match