Author Topic: Packet loss on OTB/Arc/Crack servers  (Read 8829 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Packet loss on OTB/Arc/Crack servers
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
Screenshot: http://oi62.tinypic.com/2nbxd9k.jpg

Not sure why, but as of like 2 days ago my ping jumped by 10-30 on those servers, and now I get constant black lines (packet loss) on my netgraph making it unplayable.

All NA servers are normal and fine for me.

JMR/Html/og servers are fine for me.

It's only the 3 servers mentioned in the title that cause issues for me. OTB, Arctic, and Crack.

I've heard a few people claiming Arctic servers have been lagging recently. Not sure about the other 2. Just wondering if there's anything I can do / any other people experiencing the same thing.

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: Packet loss on OTB/Arc/Crack servers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
Not only that, but since 2 days we got ping increase on pretty much all the servers, the increase is somewhat inconsistent but its there for pretty much everyone, it goes from 15 to 40 ping increase. No idea what happened, but its pretty annoying.

We used to ping on NA servers really nicely, for example 120 on gonass server (clipz's), now its 150 which is pretty big difference.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
Proza I moved the location of my servers to where I live. Yes the pings did go up. I did it so I could have a better connection and to make it more fair that we all ping 150+ to euro servers and some euros pinged 100 to mine. Makes it more ballanced for the visiting teams now.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »
I wasnt really talking about that, its on all servers, the increase is on OTB too, although not that high. But we now ping to supermans with the same ping increase as your server. Its for all servers, not just for yours unfortunately.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
I wonder if dplogin is having a issue?

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:55:23 PM »
I've got over 50% Packetloss on OTB / ARC / OG | and over 70% on american servers

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »
Ive been having issues with otb much longer. Recently og started to lag me too but I didn't have any problems with arctic tho. Prozajik is right about ping increase, i hope somehow it will get fixed.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 08:07:18 PM »
Well that might be just your IPS doing that, or anything else. The issue i am describing here happened to me and my mates at the same time. Same as the issue Myers mentioned, 2 days ago. Also, Myers said he noticed that too, going from 140 to 155 on EU servers.

I wonder if dplogin is having a issue?
That would be probably one of the possible explanations, but i would be surprised if dplogin issues could produce such an inconsistent ping increase differing from person to person.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 08:10:36 PM »
Ive got no paket loss on EU servers, only sometimes, but on NA like every 2 seconds.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »
I've heard a few people claiming Arctic servers have been lagging recently.
I dont want to say that my servers are lagfree, but alot people complain about lags, because they think, they have a direct connection to a server and ignore all other things like ISP problems, home network probs or anything else.

Maybe you could post some "logs" from you to OTB / Arctic / crack / og / html with tracert <IP> or traceroute <IP>. Maybe a few more to get an average. Maybe there is an easy reason for that

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:01 AM »
I dont want to say that my servers are lagfree, but alot people complain about lags, because they think, they have a direct connection to a server and ignore all other things like ISP problems, home network probs or anything else.

Maybe you could post some "logs" from you to OTB / Arctic / crack / og / html with tracert <IP> or traceroute <IP>. Maybe a few more to get an average. Maybe there is an easy reason for that

the reason is probably that they are overseas.

Me and Fish run servers from germany and recently NA players got some high ping too. So it could be a common thing?

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 05:26:39 AM »
I'm having no packet loss on OTB, Arctic, og and cRack Servers. My ping to all Eurpoean servers has not changed recently. I doubt that dplogin can cause packet loss between the client and the server. My guess is that there are some problems regarding the internet exchange points. As ic3 mentioned, a traceroute result may be helpful here. Probably they are just setting up more hardware to wiretap more efficiently xD.