Author Topic: [new map] Walled [b3]  (Read 9234 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
[new map] Walled [b3]
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:58:31 PM by JMR »

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Walled [New Alpha Map]
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
I think you should try a different texture scheme from the stone/grass.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:39:40 PM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »
I expected a map with transparent walls everywhere. :)

Layout seems fine, though I'd have to play it with people to say for sure.  Might be a bit on the large size -- I feel like the whole map could probably just be scaled down 20-40% and still have plenty of room for gameplay, but not require quite as much moving around through long, open spaces, but maybe that's just me.  Probably too much work to scale it down, anyway.

The 2nd flag seems really forced, like it's just standard procedure to have 2 flags per base, so both of them are just thrown in there right next to each other.  I'd like to see more quality maps with 1 flag per base.  I'd personally rearrange the base a little and have one centrally located flag that's easily approachable from multiple directions.

The map is up on the beta server now if anybody wants to play it.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [new map] Walled [b1]
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
Beta 1 released.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
Beta 1 released.
http://dplogin.com/files/maps/beta/walled_b1.bsp for those who don't want to log into a microsoft account to download it.

It's also up on the beta server to play test.

Some quick feedback: The back path to the 2nd flag seems unnecessarily long.  I don't see a reason to further punish players who can't trick jump -- they're already going to be slow to grab.

Some of the wall edges are "paper thin", and some areas are too dark (circled in screenshot below):

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:59:44 AM »
Rly like the flow of that map :) Great work in my eyes.

I am with Clipz and i prefer when the floor and the walls are optically more apart.

We already play and test it on our speed servers, hope your okay with that!?!

One question, is it possible for you to give the map "sabotage" another (1-2) spawnpoint, so its fix for a full server? :)

Regards

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [new map] Walled [b2]
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
Beta 2 released.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »
Where can I download beta 2? Can't see download link.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »
Where can I download beta 2? Can't see download link.
http://1drv.ms/1GOjvQj

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
Cool map JMR. It has a really nice gameplay, had a lot of fun playing this at speed (thx Helixx). My only complaints are the spawn points. It is very easy to spawnkill so if you could spread spawn locations around the base a bit it would be nice.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »
Cool map JMR. It has a really nice gameplay, had a lot of fun playing this at speed (thx Helixx). My only complaints are the spawn points. It is very easy to spawnkill so if you could spread spawn locations around the base a bit it would be nice.

Thank you for your feedback.

I do apologize, I didn't intend this map to be played on speed servers. In b3 I'll adjust the spawns further to make it suitable.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [new map] Walled [b3]
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
Thank you for your feedback.

I do apologize, I didn't intend this map to be played on speed servers. In b3 I'll adjust the spawns further to make it suitable.

A tip is with current DP always make maps for speed servers. That way, if you succeed it's guaranteed to be played. And most maps, other than Pbcup ones, you'll also see on speed servers.

That being said - This map has improved from the first release. I'm not a fan of the base - but you definitely improved the mid, and it's 100x better than any map you've released. Unlike most of yours (and I say this in a positive way) - it does not feel awkward jumping around. And that is a big bonus.

Will it get played? Eh, it's on the way to be able to, but I still don't see it as something great. I see it as better than anything new, and maybe with DP's small state right now it will be given a chance. But, viewing a map can't completely say much about gameplay. Wobluda doesnt look like it would play well, and look at that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 10:28:36 AM »
Since JMR has left the community, I'm thinking of just moving this out of beta.  Any glaring issues that should stop me from doing that?