Author Topic: Netgraph issues  (Read 7434 times)

aborted

• VM-68
Netgraph issues
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
Ive noticed this in last week. Some ugly netgraph problems.
Does anyone know how to fix this and what could produce this problem?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Netgraph issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
Are you on a wireless connection?  Is stuff downloading/uploading (ex: torrents, steam updates, netflix)?  Anybody else sharing your net connection?

Those are common sources for these problems.  Could just be a poor ISP or connection to the server as well.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:50:20 AM »
This is happening 1-2 weeks . None is connected to my connection besides me and nothing was downloading / uploading.
It could be poor ISP but I didn't have these issues before. Atm this is happening every 5-10min. Its unplayable

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 05:42:00 AM »
U talking, this is unplayable? Hmm, check my lines

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »
U talking, this is unplayable? Hmm, check my lines

well i got these spikes 24/7.. cant play dp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
On all servers?

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
Maybe your router is going bad?  Have you tried connecting directly to your cable modem (or whatever you use) to see if it's any better?  Do you have this problem in any other games?  Have you checked the network usage in task manager to make sure there's nothing going on that you aren't aware of?

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
Maybe your router is going bad?  Have you tried connecting directly to your cable modem (or whatever you use) to see if it's any better?  Do you have this problem in any other games?  Have you checked the network usage in task manager to make sure there's nothing going on that you aren't aware of?
I tried everything but it still lags like crazy. Checked task manager and dp was only one opened, I might contact my ISP because when this happens my speed goes to under 2mbps

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 05:30:26 PM »
Task manager also displays network usage.  It's possible there's some background service doing something (Game updater? Windows updates?)  One of the graphs should display how much bandwidth is being used.  If your router has bandwidth statistics, that might give you an even better idea.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
And it strikes again.. I saw on some old post that you Jit said to turn off firewall, and a friend also told me that this could help to stop these black lines on netgraph, but is that safe to do ? Will my pc be exposed to unwanted things if I turn it off ?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
And it strikes again.. I saw on some old post that you Jit said to turn off firewall, and a friend also told me that this could help to stop these black lines on netgraph, but is that safe to do ? Will my pc be exposed to unwanted things if I turn it off ?
It will be, but for the short period of time that you'll be doing it, it won't be an issue.  If you're worried about it just close everything you have running, and only run paintball for the time you have the computer firewall off.  Also, what is your network structure at home?  For example, computer -> network switch -> router+modem in one -> interwebs or computer -> over wifi -> router -> modem -> interwebs, etc.  Asking this because you didn't specifically answer that you tried this, but if you have a seperate router and modem as jitspoe suggested above, the router will have a firewall built in that might be also causing issues, and since they are seperate you can bypass the router firewall easily.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 03:56:36 PM »
My modem and router are seperated.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
we got a few DDoS'ers in the community now, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is causing your issues. Not gunna name drop.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
we got a few DDoS'ers in the community now, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is causing your issues. Not gunna name drop.
I was thinking the same.. I know only one guy who was doing this.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Try to delete your config and let the game make a new one. I had the same issues like you, few weeks ago. I don't know why/how, but that fixed the problem.^^

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
Try to delete your config and let the game make a new one. I had the same issues like you, few weeks ago. I don't know why/how, but that fixed the problem.^^
It fixed my packetloss somehow, no black netgraph, but ping is still 100-200

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
Do you have a copy of your old config?  It might have been your "rate" setting.  I think that drops large packets to try to make the game playable on old modems and such.

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08:03 AM »
Do you have a copy of your old config?  It might have been your "rate" setting.  I think that drops large packets to try to make the game playable on old modems and such.
Seems fixed now, but ping is high sometimes. I guess thats because of ISP..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »
Right, but I was wondering if you had a copy of your config from when it was broken.