Poll

Do you think it would be good idea to have an option to hide former clans from our display player page

Yes
No

Author Topic: Feature to archive old clans  (Read 2493 times)

aborted

• VM-68
Feature to archive old clans
« on: February 16, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »
This IMO could ''fix multiple accounts bans''.
90% of the people I know who created multi account created it for reason of former clans, f.e. they create 1 side account to use it for clan hopping, this could fix that problem if players can hide some old former clans from their profile page.

aborted

• VM-68
[Feature] Storing the former clans
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:43:48 AM »
The idea was that we get an option to hide former clans from our display player page.
IMO this could be fine thing to have, and perhaps it would stop some players making more multi accounts .
From my exp couple of players created or took some other account just so they wouldn't have so much former clans displayed on their profile so they go for multi accounts.
I noticed there are several baned players for multi.
Who knows, this might help to reduce multi acc's and to incrase or 'forum' plesure :P

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature] Storing the former clans
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »
Maybe you want to add a third thread for that ?
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=27666.0

-1 for that feature

MrPeach

• VM-68
Re: Feature to archive old clans
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:12:53 AM »
Just don't hop to another clan every week.

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: Feature to archive old clans
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:01 PM »
Just don't hop to another clan every week.
+1

Oh s0rrY ment -1 to the feature
Sorry this might not be exactly on topic; but its relates to what shock had said. Ple no remove Cameron
I know for a fact, that majority of people who created multiply accounts did NOT do it for formers.

Here let me teach you how to make an idea: Is it possible to link account ID with IP, ISP, Hardware ID? For example: if some player A decides to create an account for the first time in forever, that players account ID get automaticly linked with IP ISP and Hardware ID. If player A decides to create an account again; the system will reject that player give tell them that they already have an account created on this IP, ISP and Hardware ID.  Now the con for this that:
1)What if IP changes?
2) What if ISP changes?
3)What if someone from the household wants to create an account?
4) What if Player A moved/got new ISP and new computer then what? Haha found a flaw in your lelogic t0xiC

But not to worry, here is a solution to that:1) If the player A' s IP changes then the system should use the reverse IP to allocate that player is that player. For example, I know my ISP almost never changes the reverse IP even if my IP changes or not. I m not sure if ALL ISP does this with their service. If ALL ISP are to do what my ISP does then its a solution. Now lets consider the possibility that the reverse IP does change, if this is the case;  What the system can do is go to the next step, which is hardware ID. If the hardware ID is linked to an account created by player A, inform that player A that his account is linked and reject that player. Also the system should take in consideration if that new IP that was logged on too, should automatically link it to the account. Same with Hardware ID; but I dont say completely link it; just log it.  The system will need to work along with one another to create a result.

2) If ISP changes, the system should go straight to logs and check if a login occured in the new IP with accounts: If there is a match, reject and inform the player. If there is no match the system should go straight to check for hardware ID matches. If a hardware ID matches: reject the player from creating an account and inform the player. If no ISP and/or IP and/or logs and/or hardware ID matches then their is really nothing that can be done: therefore the system should allow the player to create an account

3) There are two scenarios for this: a) player A and Player B are brothers and share computers b) Player A and player B are brothers but have different computers.

Ill start off with b) In this case, if player A has an account and player B doesn't: they system should allow player B to create an account from HIS computer[no account created on this machine]. Of course these players will have the same IP and ISP. Also vice-versa.

a)In this case the system should inform the player that " This game does not allow multi accounts and/or account sharing, if you have someone that shares the computer and wants to play this game; contact Jitspoe yatatata [contact info, forum and all that goodies]. We allow maxium of 3 accounts, if you exceed that please SOLID [thats up to Jitspoe to decide what would be solid proof]provide proof

4) lets look at a practical level of this stuation. Its a possibility; but not probable. Lets suppose that account was logged with a with a new hardware ID, and the ISP and IP and logs don't show anything; the  either have a inform or rejection: up to jitspoe

If anyone has a better idea or thinks why this won't work please show me why. If anyone wants to refine this idea; be my guest.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:55:34 PM by Toxiic »