Author Topic: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 7  (Read 15897 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 7
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
Hi,
I know many of you doesn't like DM or SIege, but I like play it beetwen my jump session so here is my first siege/dm map. You can propably already play it on HTML's servers (Deatchmatch Poland, or HTML's Siege PL).

It's full of detail and needs powerfull computer to play comfortable - but it's 1997 game so propably 80% of you can play it in min. 30 fps in evry corner of map and 60fps inside house should be optain. I didn't look for r_speeds limit because I don;t care about it - 1000 was good 10 years ago. I was just trying to finished my house map - jsut for fun and to find out if anyone would like to play on it.  Now I want to hear some ideas/opinions about my map - what would you change AND why.

Also what would you do to keep balance. I know that getting flag in  my Kurwahouse is not very easy, thats why all players inside house get "low" carabines at start, players on the outside get high/medium carabines. Mayby I should give ppl in House only PGP?
There is also multiple path to get flag from roof, balcony and door. But mayby it's a little to hard to get it from this path?

And yeah - if you have bad pc - it's "laggy". Hint brushes didn't work, so I can't do anything about it.

Ok here is the map:

- FULL KURWAHOUSE PACK it include H4 JPG textures, models and sounds and of course NEWEST KURWAHOUSE_B6.BSP file

- TEXTURES&SOUND pack - only textures, models and sounds, no BSP file. Big update after BETA 6 so you should download it! LowRew texture support, jpg files! You should replace all your PNG files with this!!!!!!

- NEWEST! KURWAHOUSE_B7

Screenshots:

PS. Look up for eastern egg and shot evrything :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:58:47 PM by KURWAJAPIERDOLE »

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
I gotta say. The screenshot show amazing architecture I love it.

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Stunning! :D

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
It is pretty.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »
I'd have to say this sets a benchmark for whats possible with our mapping tools. Really pretty map. I love the tree shortcuts, although they might be a bit hard while getting shot at. Played it on a local server with some friends. I think DM might end up being more fun here. But I think both game modes work.

As far as balance, maybe make the trick jumps to get up top a tiny bit easier, or add a stairway on both sides of the flag area. As it is now, someone can camp every possible angle to the flag with out moving.

I guess the main thing I would try to fix is adding some clipping around the windows you are jumping into. There's a little 1/2 unit edge that you can get stuck on pretty easily.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »
This is amazing! Keep up the good work!

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »
As far as balance, maybe make the trick jumps to get up top a tiny bit easier, or add a stairway on both sides of the flag area. As it is now, someone can camp every possible angle to the flag with out moving.

I guess the main thing I would try to fix is adding some clipping around the windows you are jumping into. There's a little 1/2 unit edge that you can get stuck on pretty easily.

Not sure which windows do you have in mind? ;) In one window I already have clip brushes and in others I don't think that it is necessary. :) But mayby I'm wrong :D

I add some way to the flag. Now you can "jump" on the grey couch, and bounced on the higher level, also tehre is a ledder clip brush in one side of this wall with tv - I couden't think about sth else, also than creating to complicated ladder I get max_patches error ;) (I already push the limits to fit it with lighting).

Also add one box to jump into window. And last one getting to vent tunel is easier now. With this changes it's harder to camp in room with flag.

Here is Link:

KURWAHOUSE_BETA3

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
This map looks amazing!

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:41 PM »
Attached a demo of things I noticed walking around.  Looked at r_speeds afterwards... I can see why you don't want to care, 40000!  But yeah, looks really nice.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
How many hours did this take to make? The level of detail is insane. This would work well with siege and dm, if not for the insane r_speeds. Two things I noticed:

1. Pianos have three pedals. What piano in the universe only has two pedals? Because I am a pianist, I find this insulting and hurtful to me and the pianist community. I want to see three pedals on that piano by beta 4. Edit: This statement has been proven wrong by Cameron. In fact, such pianos do exist. In this case, it is fine to leave the piano as it is.

2. It would be cool for that computer to have digital paint open and showing the menu screen or something like that.

Congrats on making in my opinion the most visually awesome paintball map to date!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:08:18 AM by BASEBALLDUDE »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
1. Pianos have three pedals. What piano in the universe only has two pedals? Because I am a pianist, I find this insulting and hurtful to me and the pianist community. I want to see three pedals on that piano by beta 4.
I also happen to be a pianist and one of my pianos has two pedals.  In the case of this map, it's better to have two rather than three due to running into the issue of MAX_PATCHES.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
1. Pianos have three pedals. What piano in the universe only has two pedals? Because I am a pianist, I find this insulting and hurtful to me and the pianist community. I want to see three pedals on that piano by beta 4.

If you're trying to be funny, you failed.

If you're being serious, you're pathetic.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 06:07:56 AM »
Amazing achievement!
This game has so many different and well designed maps but sad thing is most players just go and play that freaking italy map in italy 24/7 server.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »
I also happen to be a pianist and one of my pianos has two pedals.  In the case of this map, it's better to have two rather than three due to running into the issue of MAX_PATCHES.
Interesting, I've never seen a piano like that. I've played synthesizers with only one pedal, but every "real" piano I've encountered has three pedals. On a piano like that, which pedal is missing?

Amazing achievement!
This game has so many different and well designed maps but sad thing is most players just go and play that freaking italy map in italy 24/7 server.
Too true, my friend.

pker!?!

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »
Great work kurwa, all trick jumps are fairly easy. climbable trees love it.

We played yesterday on here and i did like it but, i did experience some fps drop issues i don't have the best pc  but, still. Maybe look into making this map playable on lower end pc's.

P.S. I only got lag issues when leaving the front of the house.

thai

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 09:58:41 AM »
This is one good looking map. Congratulations!
I notice that you have a lot of lights on the ceilings that stand out and I think if you embed them you could reduce the r_speeds quite a lot. There are also the  windows and a few other places that could be optimized to lower the r_speeds.
I know that it is a lot of work to do and changing the lights might affect the lighting too but I think it will make the map more playable.
Keep up the good work :)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 02:22:19 PM »
Attached a demo of things I noticed walking around.  Looked at r_speeds afterwards... I can see why you don't want to care, 40000!  But yeah, looks really nice.

Very thanks for this demo. I could fixed textures on some surfaces. That was great post.

Fixed in B4:
- I saw that you couldn't reach vent door and climb on the chain ladder on pool ;) I made it easier and add some clip brushes.
- Windows are fixed, diagonally cut and textures are rotate 90 where it is needed.
- I didn't change wood texture in the wall corners - I just think it looks much cooler like this ;) But thx for showing hah :D It's not wood - it's plastic wood-a-like thing ;)
- Stairs are now much slimier and looks more naturally. I didn't add any support because can't figure out what would look good :P I think it's not much problem - it's paintball :D
- I didn't know that white texture in pool is metal haha :D I just like it ;) You said it should be concrete so I made it like this and add this black lines. I think it looks cool.
- Wood stairs with leds also are changed. Now every step look the same ;) I didn't even think about it earlier.
- I redesign lounger. Now it looks so much better :P Not just texture, but also I changed brushes...
- I know that the kitchen feels tall :D I add chair so now you can jump on worktop much easier.

How many hours did this take to make? The level of detail is insane. This would work well with siege and dm, if not for the insane r_speeds. Two things I noticed:

1. Pianos have three pedals. What piano in the universe only has two pedals? Because I am a pianist, I find this insulting and hurtful to me and the pianist community. I want to see three pedals on that piano by beta 4. Edit: This statement has been proven wrong by Cameron. In fact, such pianos do exist. In this case, it is fine to leave the piano as it is.

2. It would be cool for that computer to have digital paint open and showing the menu screen or something like that.

- I don't know. Just making my map during breaks beetwen studying to exams.
- ad. 1 Fixed ;)
- ad. 2 You should earlier shot this monitor xD And you woudn't ask about that :D

To all ppl arguing about piano, this is stupid in english language that "piano" means TWO things. We should know that tehre is "GRAND PIANO" with always 3 pedals and "UPRIGHT PIANO" with 2 or 3 pedals ;) In Polish GRAND PIANO is called "fortepian". Grand piano (like this one in my map) has alwayes 3 pedals :D

We played yesterday on here and i did like it but, i did experience some fps drop issues i don't have the best pc  but, still. Maybe look into making this map playable on lower end pc's.

P.S. I only got lag issues when leaving the front of the house.

Making this map playable on lower PC will be very hard :< It will looks worse. Lag issues is like you said - in front of the house, around the garden. But most time all shooting have place inside house so that shoudn't be so much problem.

This is one good looking map. Congratulations!
I notice that you have a lot of lights on the ceilings that stand out and I think if you embed them you could reduce the r_speeds quite a lot. There are also the  windows and a few other places that could be optimized to lower the r_speeds.
I know that it is a lot of work to do and changing the lights might affect the lighting too but I think it will make the map more playable.
Keep up the good work :)

What do you mean by that? How can I optimized windows? :< Hint brushes didn't work =/

I was trying to embed the light's but it' didnt help. I made it in the room with fish on the windows because there is a lot of leds. Nothing changed :< r_speeds is exacly the same, but lights ray and shadows look worse. Do you really think it would help? :O

I also make chandelier a little bit lower that now triple to the top floor is easier.

-Some other fixes like table in the main livingroom. There were some mess with brushes, now it looks great :P Also fireplace, doors etc. were fixed. If you have time - please check and give me your advice!

Here is link for beta4: (also first post will be edited):

KURWAHOUSE_B4

Thanks everybody for nice words :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:07:45 PM by KURWAJAPIERDOLE »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 4
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:39 PM »
I was trying to embed the light's but it' didnt help. I made it in the room with fish on the windows because there is a lot of leds. Nothing changed :< r_speeds is exacly the same, but lights ray and shadows look worse. Do you really think it would help? :O
For r_speeds, embedding a light might make wpoly go down 4-8. It would be impossible to tell the difference. But embed 100 lights, and the wpoly goes down 400-800. That's a pretty big difference right there. As for the shadows, you'd have to go into more detail for us to get an image of what you mean.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »
Very thanks for this demo. I could fixed textures on some surfaces. That was great post.

Fixed in B4:
- I saw that you couldn't reach vent door and climb on the chain ladder on pool ;) I made it easier and add some clip brushes.
- Windows are fixed, diagonally cut and textures are rotate 90 where it is needed.
- I didn't change wood texture in the wall corners - I just think it looks much cooler like this ;) But thx for showing hah :D It's not wood - it's plastic wood-a-like thing ;)
- Stairs are now much slimier and looks more naturally. I didn't add any support because can't figure out what would look good :P I think it's not much problem - it's paintball :D
- I didn't know that white texture in pool is metal haha :D I just like it ;) You said it should be concrete so I made it like this and add this black lines. I think it looks cool.
- Wood stairs with leds also are changed. Now every step look the same ;) I didn't even think about it earlier.
- I redesign lounger. Now it looks so much better :P Not just texture, but also I changed brushes...
- I know that the kitchen feels tall :D I add chair so now you can jump on worktop much easier.
Attached another demo.  Also, to go with the demo is the photo below.  You're using a wizwood texture as the wood along the edges (at least the ones I checked), a tree isn't wide enough to have grain running up like that for that sort of length without joining bits together, so it just looks a little funny to me.

Anyway great work and keep it up!

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Ok, so I'm trying to fixed evry texture and stuff. I coudn't make "T" shape black line in the pool - it's a big brush and after making it "Max_patches" error occures.So i decided to retexture swimmingpool.. Dunno if it looks good hmm. Mayby this white borders shoud be something other? It staying out from floor I think.

Here is some sc:
OLD ONE:

NEW ONE:

Also this is how this woods on the corners look:

I think blue pool tiles look good, but can't be so sure about pool borders :P