Author Topic: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 7  (Read 15851 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
Re: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 7
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
This is propably final realese. I can't do much more to improve map.

I fixed some glitches, lower kitchen furniture to be jump-on-it-able, rotate trees models, addings sounds.

If you will found anything to be changed post about it, if not mayby this topic should be moved to "completed maps"

Download:
- KURWAHOUSE_B7.bsp

- FULL KURWAHOUSE PACK it include H4 JPG textures, models and sounds and of course NEWEST KURWAHOUSE_B6.BSP file

- TEXTURES&SOUND pack - only textures, models and sounds, no BSP file. Big update after BETA 6 so you should download it! LowRew texture support, jpg files! You should replace all your PNG files with this!!!!!!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 6
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
This should go without saying, but could you please not include textures with racial stereotypes and potentially offensive words?

Some minor things:
Lots of details could stand to have clip brushes (ex: strips of wood on the walls, metal on the windows.
Are you compiling with -extra in the rad stage?  Some of the lighting looks a bit blocky, but that may be all we can get out of the lightmap resolution.

As for gameplay, most of the paths you mention just get you to the floor below the flag -- that's not usually a problem.  It's the flag floor itself.  People are either going to come up the stairs or the couch jump pad.  Even the (very subtle) roof path drops in right where the stairs are.  That plus the fact that you can crouch behind and shoot through the chairs makes it REALLY easy to defend.

Oh, and you were asking about sounds being too quiet before -- it's actually possible to set attenuation values between 0 and 1, ex: 0.5 would make the sound range twice as far (as it sounds like it's only half as far away).  This only works for non-looped sounds, though.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
b7 is in the rotation of Deathmatch Poland now.
My full download mirror (a .zip containing .bsp + textures, sound etc): http://htmldp.com/maps/kurwahouse.zip [i'm sorry, the bsp should be in pball/maps/beta, it's in pball/maps/, i'll fix it later.]
.bsp only: http://htmldp.com/maps/beta/kurwahouse_b7.bsp

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 07:09:01 AM »
So I load this map on my server and what do  i find??

W T F dude

HA HA

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:47 AM »
amazing map by the way very detailed

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
Re: Newmap: Kurwahouse SIEGE/DM map - BETA 7
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2016, 05:02:02 PM »
Thank you :P

When I will have some time, would make it to the end...

Hmm, I thought I replace black personwatts with sth else, cause Jitspoe didn't like it :D Are you sure, that did you download last Beta 7 texture pack? :P

That's sad, that DM and Siege aren't very popular ;(