The first tournament was a success! With 7 teams signing up on the day, it was a bigger turnout than I was expecting.
Thank you to everyone who participated.
The tournament started at 7:15pm GMT with a slight delay with last minute signups.
You can view the full tournament standings here:http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/?brackets
I'd like to congratulate the champion team of this tournament, CheckMate! In 2nd place was .oXz. who also played very well.
Each team has been rewarded their points. The more people that enter, the more points you earn. 1st place - 7 points, 2nd place 6 points. Etc. The maximum this point reward can go up to is 10 points. So the top 10 teams are rewarded points accordingly. (If there were 11 teams, 10th place would get 1 point, where as 11th place would get 0.)
You can keep up to date on the leaderboard here:http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/?results
There will be yet another tournament next Sunday at the same time, as this is a weekly event. Please spread the word to other members of the community. If you host a paintball server, I would appreciate it if you could share this with others using rcon every so often.
Please post any feedback or suggestions in reply to this thread. This includes maplist ideas.
Things that will be changed for next tournament. [This list will be updated]
- Adding new rule. "No switching teams. Once the tournament starts, players may now switch their team to join a new roster."
- New maplist.Things which may take place based on the future success of these tournaments:
- Every 3 months, the results leaderboard being reset. The top 3 teams would then be rewarded with prizes.
- Purchasing more servers. Germany, UK, NA.
- Weekly podcast discussing the current teams along with future tournaments and events for paintball 2.
See you next week!