Author Topic: Weekly tournament global maplist  (Read 7681 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Weekly tournament global maplist
« on: February 25, 2015, 06:59:05 AM »
The weekly tournaments will have a global maplist.

The global maplist will be a list of 21 maps that I handpick personally based on suggestions from the community.

Each weekly tournament will have a local maplist which would include 9 maps chosen from the global maplist.

Every single week, on a Monday the local maplist would change, only using the maps from the global maplist.

I cannot please everyone with this global maplist, there will be maps you dislike. I will be throwing new maps in there too. This global maplist will not be perfect straight away - I will probably change the list over time. However, any changes will be publicly announced in this thread.

I will be updating this thread often. Ensure to check back at it every once and a while.

pbcup_pforest
pbcup_sassault
castle1
propaint1
pbcup_renoir
carpathian
pp_sw
beta/twiling_b3
ruggedcountry
grave
shazam22
beta/sassault4_b3
beta/daylight_b1
duck_fix
beta/overhang_b10
mystique
beta/roanoke_b2
beta/walled_b2
beta/spcup_framework_b1
litt
worldfades

The current maplist for this week's tournament can be found here: http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/?maps

If you would like to list map suggestions for the global list, please do so. But only create one reply to this thread and update that if you need to.

Any reply to this thread that is not a map suggestion will be considered off-topic and reported. This is to ensure that this stays easy for players to keep track of.

- JMR
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:35:13 PM by JMR »

mRokita

• Autococker
Re: Weekly tournament global maplist
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »
beta/krealo_b4
beta/sangap_b9 (not sure if it's the current beta, will check it and update the post)
beta/insight_b4
pbcup_pbsanctuary
vendetta
midevil

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »
VENDETTA COUNTRY SON

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »
Recommend adding:

- Prolandr or Tatras (1 or 2 "ice speed" maps in the list)
- Sphouse
- Crimethink
- Roanoke_b2
- Sassault4_b3
- Duck_fix
- Zpar11_beta
- Grave? Yolo throw in a siege map for the lulz
- pp_sw
- beta/g2_b2
- Propaint2
- Mystique
- Freedom
- Twiling
-

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
I will not be accepting any maps with teleports or unbalances in the map.

Here's a quick list I made of maps that are not balanced. (Exactly the same both sides.)

Wobluda_fix - The barrels on mid are unequal. This map will be removed from the list after next week's (1st March) tournament.
Vendetta - Teleports
Insight_b3 - The ladder-jump to mid high on red is much easier than it is on blue. (Not sure if it's possible on the blue side or not.)
Tatras - Red is easier to double-jump to window.

(Just maps off of the top of my head, will update this list.)

I will see if there's something I can do. I will possibly make another fixed version of wobluda for the barrels and try to fix insight and tatras.

Fixed pbcup_sassault mapping committee .ent with 4 weapon_pballgun entities, added the groups.

Two maps are balanced and fixed: pbcup_sassault & shazam22.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:44:26 AM by JMR »

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
I will not be accepting any maps with teleports or unbalances in the map.
Wobluda_fix - The barrels on mid are unequal. This map will be removed from the list after next week's (1st March) tournament.
Vendetta - Teleports
Insight_b3 - The ladder-jump to mid high on red is much easier than it is on blue. (Not sure if it's possible on the blue side or not.)
Tatras - Red is easier to double-jump to window.
this is dumb, i think there are many players who would agree.

wob - taking the mid barrels as a reason is ridiculous
insight - yea its possible on the blue side if you do the jump a bit different (i saw rockitude doing it a few times in a match)
tatras - dunno, but still. i dont think its a reason to ban this map.
vendetta - well, no one will play it in bo1 anyways^^ and even if both teams would agree on it, its not a reason to ban it, imo.

the benefits were planned on those maps, why would you ban them because of that :/

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
the benefits were planned on those maps, why would you ban them because of that :/

I highly doubt that those maps were designed to be unbalanced in those ways. If they were - then they're not suitable for this tournament until changed.

The reason these maps were played in matches is because the opposing team gets to choose the colour. So if you picked wobluda_fix, the other team would be able to pick their own colour.

The rounds in this tournament are bo1 until finals in order to keep this a 1-day weekly tournament.

I will do all I can to fix these problems on said maps in order to make them suitable for the tournaments.

Please discuss topics like these with me in a private message to keep this thread clean. I want to reserve this thread for map list suggestion lists and announcements only.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »
planet
destiny
tlc
c1
rome
ruggedcountry
pp3_beta3
pgptrain_b4? (many people like that, might give an interesting map choice for newer teams, who play on pgp servers all the time)

and since we are suggesting vendetta, let me suggest another masterpiece in mapping,...
nightmare

adding only maps which weren't mentioned already, but i definitely second grave ^^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:36:11 AM by prozajik »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
I highly doubt that those maps were designed to be unbalanced in those ways. If they were - then they're not suitable for this tournament until changed.

The reason these maps were played in matches is because the opposing team gets to choose the colour. So if you picked wobluda_fix, the other team would be able to pick their own colour.

The rounds in this tournament are bo1 until finals in order to keep this a 1-day weekly tournament.

I will do all I can to fix these problems on said maps in order to make them suitable for the tournaments.

Please discuss topics like these with me in a private message to keep this thread clean. I want to reserve this thread for map list suggestion lists and announcements only.
There is an easy way out of it, there is odd number of maps, so just add rule that the other team to the one who eliminates final map (and decides which map is played) picks the color.

Eg.: There is _renoir and _sassault left and we are eliminating, we decide to play _sassault despite the color advantage, because we believe we can win even if the opposing team gets to pick the better color.

This way the rule "Your map, our color" stays in place pretty much and keeps you from eliminating good maps from maplist like this.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »
There is a god? Wobluda won't be in the tourney series?

On another note I don't plan on playing, every time I do I just can't find interest in it anymore. I wouldn't mind helping you out and live streaming the games though on twitch.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »
It is possible

nada

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »
beta/daylight_b3
pbcup_renoir
and:
Prolandr or Tatras (1 or 2 "ice speed" maps in the list)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
i'll help

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 12:45:08 AM »
ub_cliff
duck
daylight_b3
tatras
tlc

Fluk3

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
roanoke_b2
twiling_b3
mystique
g2_b2
rip792011_b1
sassault4
walled_b2

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
walled
mystique
eclissi
airtime 3 (never understood why people play air1 but not air3)
dcl_b1
c1
spcup_framework_b1
zephyrus
and all of the regular tournament maps

s0nizzgg

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »
Blarg :D

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
pp1
pp2(maybe pp3 too)
pbcup_pforest
pbcup_sassault
shazam22
tatras
pp_sw
nitefactory
sphouse
crimethink
duck
oth
grave
wobluda
sassault4
rip792011_b1
carpathian
1day
zephyrus
castle1
airtime
cream

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »
07/03/2015  First version of global maplist released.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
07/03/2015  First version of global maplist released.
Nice!  :)
I've nearly finished the player/team ranking system :)