Author Topic: Any ideas for a siege map?  (Read 3039 times)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
Any ideas for a siege map?
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
Hi guys, I wanted to make a new siege map. I've been getting the hang of bsp in making my first map and many people have given me great advice and tips.

I wanted to make a siege map for my second go at mapping, and wanted it to be a great one that joins the list of fun siege maps to play. This is a game mode that many people enjoy and I love the servers dedicated to it but there is a general lack of maps that makes it somewhat repetitive.

I'm willing to put some good detail into it as well, sl4 gave me the idea of the final scarface scene as a siege which would be cool but it the map layout would be a little simple with only a few ways to attack.

Can anyone think of a good map idea to base it off? Like a movie scene perhaps? I was also considering making a beach war siege as I know we have a few already (callofduty, Omaha) but I think I could make one that's a bit more in depth. What do you guys think?

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
Re: Any ideas for a siege map?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Mayby some airport? :P There is no map like this in PB2.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
Might be a problem tho. Too much open space. But I think it's doable

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
Might be a problem tho. Too much open space. But I think it's doable
If you're doing the inside of an airport, it wouldn't be too bad -- lots of narrow hallways for terminals and such.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
models needed
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »
Idk about an airport, especially because I would need to make a plane its just not an airport without one..but that sounds difficult.

I just thought of the idea of the marijuana grow op in the barn from Pineapple Express. There's a big attack defense scene in that movie and it's hilarious. There might be only one way down to the underground area though, although the top section above ground had ninjas coming thru the roof and what not

edit: I'm thinking this would be a great idea.

I have a car model, which I'd need for outside but I'm not sure if I have a van model. Guy smashes thru the wall of the barn so itd be a nice extra entrance.

Could someone send me one? Also I'd need some kind of plant model to replicate a marijuana tree, does anyone know of any models I could use that are about the height of a player or larger?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:12:28 PM by shockk »

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »
Tower defense style, PvZ concept

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »
It would be fun to have a map where one has to defend the base and not the flag. The map design would have to be very specific tho