Author Topic: [News] #2 Weekly tournament results and discussion  (Read 3567 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
[News] #2 Weekly tournament results and discussion
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
Once again, the tournament this week was a success!

I would like to thank all Six teams that participated. I hope to see you next week!

The tournament had a slight start delay due to lag issues, but these were resolved and the tournament started at 7:30pm GMT. The 15 minute timelimit proved a success, with this tournament ending earlier at 10:50pm GMT.

CheckMate once again proved their dominance by not losing a single round! I would like to congratulate them once again on their success. Is this a start of a large streak? Or did they just get lucky... er... twice...?

Team Synergy improved a lot this week, taking 2nd place behind CheckMate. In the finals, they won on Carpathian 45:40 vs CheckMate, but lost airtime and pbcup_pforest.

Power Of Five also improved. Once again, they competed against oXmoZe, but this time it was on the Carpathian Mountains. With a huge lead, 59:6, Power Of Five took third place. A huge difference from the week before where oXmoZe won vs Power Of Five 30:21. The question is, who will win next week?

You can view the full bracket for this week's tournament here:
http://weekly.challonge.com/2

The current overall results can be found on the results page:
http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/?results

I am currently working on a "clan-profile" system specific to the tournaments so each team can view all their tournament history. What positions they came, what the maplist was, how many points they won from it, what their roster was, Etc.

I will decide on a global maplist tomorrow (Monday) so keep an eye on the maps page too!
http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/?maps

Don't forget to post your map suggestions here:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=27713.0

Thanks for helping me make this a success!

Feel free to discuss this week's tournament here. Suggestions are also welcome!

See you next week!

- JMR

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: [News] #2 Weekly tournament results and discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:26:30 PM »
Since we won weak 2 tourney as well as the one before that, as I promised we are bringing a form of 'prize' into JMR's tourney.

We are placing a bounty on our heads, whoever can take either 2xBO1s or 1xBO3 1 away from us gets the bounty. These BO1s don't have to be in the same tourney, but they have to be in the same ranking 'season' (after JMR resets rankings, we reset your victories against us, but bounty stays the same)

For every consecutive tourney win, we will increase the bounty by 10$. 2

If you manage to succeed in one of the conditions above, we will require demos from all of you from both maps (either two BO1s maps or two maps from BO3) and we give ourselves the right to postpone bounty give away until the demos are reviewed by committee IF we suspect hacking. Based solely on the committee decision you get the money. 3

Victories towards bounty count ONLY in JMR's tourney every sunday.

Current bounty: 10$

So better start training guys and get serious about this tourney, because we definitely are :)

1 .. Why is it like this? Precaution against BO1 rounds, we can just mess up map pick etc, we allow ourselves to make a one small error.

2 .. We might set a limit for how high the bounty can go, we will see how it all works out first

3 .. It's simple, if you get banned thanks to the demo review you won't get the money. That being said, if committee states that it's clean you get the money no matter what we think.

PS: I came up with the rules for the bounty give away just now, didn't even talk to my mates about details, the rules might change but they are going to be definite in the day of the next tourney (next sunday 8.3.).

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
And of course i would like to thank JMR for organising these tourneys they have really been great and PB finally gets some good'ol action and working so hard on these tourneys.

And also thanks to everyone who participated, hope to see you next time and maybe you will be able to snatch yourselves couple of bucks along with it :p

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:12 AM »
Congratulation and probs to team ChekMate.