Author Topic: New siege map: Pineapple Express  (Read 16783 times)

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
Re: New siege map: Pineapple Express
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 12:29:09 AM »
I rly like your map. Can u post the newest version of it?

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 12:45:24 AM »
It really isn't close to being done at all. I'll be finished the outside and barn with the finishing lighting but the downstairs area is still uncreated. I can post the map file in the morning if you really want it though.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 02:47:37 AM »
Thank you.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
Sorry I will post it here soon

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
Okay

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 03:32:57 AM »
I remember this scene from the movie. Good job!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
question: if I make those long thin strips of grass a mist brush, will light shine through it?
I don't think so.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 12:31:30 AM »
Thanks fussion nobody seems to know it at all here! I'll do a good tribute to it.

And to jitspoe: do you know about how to make a car and van model, and also a similar small tree/bush model to replicate a marijuana plant for the basement grow op. I'm wondering if the car/van models are possible or whether I'll have to make them from scratch

And also any tips on why those models I tried to make (sk89q) and why they're only showing up as small grey/white diamonds in final export?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:15:01 AM by shockk »

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 05:26:42 AM »
Did you put the models into your paintball2/pball/models folder? AFAIK the small "diamonds" mean that paintball realized there should be a model but could not load the model file.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 06:00:48 AM »
You can make a brush "penetrable" by light by setting 33%, and 66% transparency. Pretty sure with that

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 06:50:22 AM »
Thanks fussion nobody seems to know it at all here! I'll do a good tribute to it.

And to jitspoe: do you know about how to make a car and van model, and also a similar small tree/bush model to replicate a marijuana plant for the basement grow op. I'm wondering if the car/van models are possible or whether I'll have to make them from scratch

And also any tips on why those models I tried to make (sk89q) and why they're only showing up as small grey/white diamonds in final export?
sk89q has a good car model that I used for new_york. In order to have the actual model show up instead of the gray diamond, make sure the models are in the pball/models folder and that your func_model entity has "model" "models/name.md2" with "name" referring to the file name of the model and any additional folders in which it may be. For example, the car model in new_york has "model" "models/sk89q/w_sitters/car.md2".

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »
Did you put the models into your paintball2/pball/models folder? AFAIK the small "diamonds" mean that paintball realized there should be a model but could not load the model file.

Richard, I believe my pathways are correct, maybe I didn't put a long enough of a pathway in the entity lines though I'll check it out

Thanks rockyar, I'll try that out
If I could avoid putting lamps outside the barn all over the place, when possible, I will try to. Referring specifically to the 2nd of 2 final export pics I uploaded only recently here

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 08:29:13 AM »
Baseball dude, I have seen the car on your map, that's probably a perfect model to implicate. I'm wondering whether there's additional entity lines to fill in past "model" "model pathway"? Considering you have the car model and the overlaying picture of the car that has to somehow be added onto it?

Edit: what about a van model though? Am I shooting too far here?

I might just make the van model brush by brush and it should have a trunk door open and a side door, might make in enter-able for defending players.

I appreciate all the help everyone

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 08:32:46 AM »
Baseball dude, I have seen the car on your map, that's probably a perfect model to implicate. I'm wondering whether there's additional entity lines to fill in past "model" "model pathway"? Considering you have the car model and the overlaying picture of the car that has to somehow be added onto it?
You've gotta create clip brushes that mimic how the model looks. The only other useful thing there is "angles" "pitch roll yaw" which determines the position the car is facing. But the model itself is not solid.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 12:04:34 PM »
So the car model appears as is, when implicated, but you can walk through it without adding the adding brushes to make it solid?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 03:59:18 PM »
So the car model appears as is, when implicated, but you can walk through it without adding the adding brushes to make it solid?
Yes, and unless you apply the corpse property to the clip brushes, you will be able to shoot right through the car.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
You can make a brush "penetrable" by light by setting 33%, and 66% transparency. Pretty sure with that
But then they won't block vis, which I think is why he added the bushes to begin with.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
Baseball dude, thanks for explaining that I'll give the car a go.

And jitspoe, that is why I added them, but they seem to not block via anyway. As completely solid objects, I can walk directly up to one and stare at it, only, and still get the same 40-50 fps as looking right at the barn. I would expect only seeing this grass brush, blocking vis to the barn, would bring me up to 200-300 fps atleast so idk

edit: I'm unable to add the bsp file, says it takes too long to upload or something or is too large, but the file is only 2500 kb

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:01 PM »
Try zipping it before uploading.

As for the vis blocking you can type "gl_showtris 1" to see what's actually being rendered.  You may need to use hint brushes to make the bushes effectively block vis.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it I'll work on these tomorrow and get back