Author Topic: Formal complaint reguarding ch1ll vs. eR33t match  (Read 16063 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Formal complaint reguarding ch1ll vs. eR33t match
« on: July 28, 2006, 01:21:35 AM »
First off I'd like to say GG guys.  But on to the subject at hand.  Throught the Entire matchm eR33t was blatantly breaking set PBCup rules and not being penalized for such.  I would like to say that tom|vendetta is an unfit ref as well, he showed absolutly no authority over the eR33t members throught the match.

Specific rules which were broken include but are not limited to the following: 1) Speaking in message mode 1 durring gameplay WHILE NOT THE CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM.  2) Uncalled for remarks made toward ch1ll after a good kill.  3) eR33t (bob/smoke in particular) not using his registered PBCup name. And in-turn using hateful names (incldung words such as bundle of twigs).  4) The entire eR33t team had a level 1 op in the server (this means they can all speak using message mode 1, while no ch1ll members, not even our captain, had an op (This is the part which shows tom|vendetta is an unfit ref).  After we complained about not having ops tom|vendetta gives the entire server speaking privledges (Again, the ref is unfit and unaware of PBCup rules).  5) When the ref deop'd certain eR33t members (Bob/smoke in particular) he re-logged in.  6) Disrespect towards the PBCup Official, on CrimeThink Bob/smoke (who was not using his real name (see above)) made rude and uncalled for remarks toward the refferee overseeing the map.

I have linked my 3 demo's in .zip format, You can find the majority of violations on the crimethink demo. I feel there there should be something done about how eR33t treats and interacts with the rest of the community, They feel that just because they are 'better' than us that the rules do no apply to them.

Link to demos:    http://rapidshare.de/files/27296228/ch1llvseR33t.zip.html

*****EDIT******

Thanks to bitmate we have found a copy of the PBCup Official rules.  Only the changes have been posted on the forums, so here goes...

<ch1ll^bitmate> <font class="ContentH2"><a name="6_3">6.3</a>: Rule Violations</font><br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> <div class="Rules">
<ch1ll^bitmate> Any and all rule violations are a serious issue and will not be taken lightly.<br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> <br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> Teams who violate any rule may be subject to disciplinary action. This includes the specific penalties listed or suspensions, forfeits, replays, removal from the league, and loss of points. The league may change penalties as it sees fit.<br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> <br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> In the event a team breaks the public chat rule and degrades, verbally attacks or threatens an opponent the team that player plays for will receive an automatic forfeit loss and that player shall be suspended until further notice. A second infraction will cost that team a 1-week suspension. The league will not tolerate such behavior.<br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> <br />
<ch1ll^bitmate> Disruptive teams will be purged from the league. Any team that is repeatedly disruptive in the form of un-tolerated language, pointless spamming, server crashing, etc. will be removed from this league.<br />

believe that alone should be enough to get eR33t OUT of  our league.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:17:47 AM by JOE »

James

• 68 Carbine
Re: Formal complaint reguarding ch1ll vs. eR33t match
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 01:28:55 AM »
Ramalama ding dong.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 01:39:33 AM »
I do not agree. I felt it was hard to set down any authority, because of the primary factor that both teams had pbcup refs that are superior to me and if I made any bad decision than they could easily say I shouldnt be a ref. I tryed my hardest to keep bob silent, but he had the login to mm1 somehow.

J0E, what did you suggest I do? I warned them countless times, I told bob that his team would forfeit crimethink, and he still did it. I could of tbanned him, but that would of only caused his team to complain with the argument that he said ntohing bad.

Edit:

If they had been breaking any rules that affected your game play, or the game play itself I would of tbanned them or just said they forfeit the whole thing. However, that was not the case as nearly all of the mm1 speaking occured between rounds.

Either way I am in a lose-lose situation.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »
if you warned them more than once and they still did not comply i'd like to see a forfit win for crimething when you report the match.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:06 AM »
I warned them alot more than once. I stuff echo'd it to bob, I deopped him plenty, and I already told you I will be making sure crimethink is a forfeit.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:35 AM »
I wasn't present at the match and I haven't watched the demos yet, but, if they (BoB) talked a lot in mm1 and you warned them multiple times, simply KICK him and/or make them forfeit the map / match. That's what is said in the rules!

Whenever he re-oped himself, he broke one of the official rules which leads to a severe punishment, such as forfeiting the map.

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:28:04 AM »
I feel there there should be something done about how eR33t treats and interacts with the rest of the community, They feel that just because they are 'better' than us that the rules do no apply to them.

believe that alone should be enough to get eR33t OUT of  our league.

er33t never treated anybody good...especially NOT germans,like MeMi has seen last season
I think,it would be fair to get them out of the league...but most of the community are scared of them... i dont know why and i dont care

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 07:40:44 AM »
if i was in that situation i would have changed the login. Im sure jesse wouldent mind if i meant that the match could just be played.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »
James does not give a crap. Impunity owns you. A forfiet is hardly justice in this case. Like me the little fella cant keep his mouth shut, poor James I feel your pain. GG.

*edit Smokey you would have not enforced the rules Joe pointed out?

Tom,
One suggestion bud dont second guess your self. Your role as ref is very important to some people. You are there to make sure that rules are not broken and to enforce the punishments if they are, regardless of who is playing.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 05:18:22 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:50 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 05:24:51 PM »
Yeah, its sad to those that care and laughable to e3rrt, no new news there. You would think that being a co-founder of this you would be a supporter of 'gaming morals'. Oh well. Cya on pub chum.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 09:08:31 PM »
did i say that loial?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
No you did not. But you did say what you would have done. Not trying to be picky just curious. Just seeing if what joe pointed out you would have enforced.

Xsv-Boy

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 09:32:33 PM »
Ok, Dp isn't Dp without mm1 talking. i HAVEN'T watched the demos but to me. mm1 is needed. i dont get ya JOE. why u have to get mad about a game!

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 10:13:13 PM »
um... no offense to you bix but you did yess at name for asking you guys to specinvite him thats mm1 and everyone got pissed at him spaming it afterawhile

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 10:23:25 PM »
Bix: There is no need for mm1 in a match. If you say "ns" "nice" and all that excrement during matches, that isn't needed. Sure its "nice" to say to whoever, but it is not needed. The reason there is no mm1 allowed in pbcup matches (besides captains) is to keep all the "LOL" "LMAO" "ROFL" "SO LUCKY" excrement.

Word.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 11:10:44 PM »
Bix mm1 is needed for what? Pardon the question.

I feel there should be something done about how eR33t treats and interacts with the rest of the community,
What incentive do they have? Name one thing that holds them back. Anyone?

Even if they disbanded they would still act the same. Bob (god bless 'The Mouth' of DP) for instance, for those who have played with and against him, does he ever act different? Nope. At least his is consistent.

What did you expect from them when you matched? A fun experience, win or loose? Well at least they don’t cheat. GG 

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 02:00:59 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:47 AM by Dirty_Taco »

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 03:31:30 AM »
This is one of the uses of mm1 capabilities, conversing with the opposing team.
That's why team captians get mm1 op status, and not _normal_ members.
I'm sorry for you, but this reason for handing out logins is pretty weak.

Xsv-Boy

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 08:52:54 AM »
See, i ment my question to Dp in general. Go play pub and turn off mm1. go play a match (normal dp match) and turn off mm1. In the 2 pbcup matches, its missing sumthing, that is mm1.  I think the main reason people are hooked to dp is becuase the community. you go play alien arena or many of those other games and the mm1 isn't there. The talking between the players is what makes this game. I understand for the "almighty pbcup matches" not being able to mm1. But i sure think you should be able to use mm1. i love mm1, i love to talk in mm1. i love to watch the other team get mad and complain in mm1. To me, it is what makes a dp fun.