Author Topic: Connection reject Games / Download Program etc.  (Read 5971 times)

Bundy

• VM-68
Connection reject Games / Download Program etc.
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:07:38 AM »
Hey guys! since 2 days i've got a new modem. Now i can't use Paintball 2 or other games for playing on public server. I don't know what's the problem. Someone had the same problem before? The provider send me this router cause we got a too old router. It's the same Connection (only new modem)

Routerdata: ZyXEL P-660HNU-T1

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
Re: Connection reject Games / Download Program etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »
Hmm.... interesting. Maybe it has a routerside firewall. Try to access the router's admin panel (usually 10.0.0.1 or 10.1.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) and disable that firewall.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
Propably the router limits traffic to HTTP only.

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
Propably the router limits traffic to HTTP only.
What can i do about it?

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
I've just had a Teamviewer session with him, the router blocks all outgoing UDP traffic regardless what filter / firewall settings are set (or at least all outgoing UDP traffic ist blocked, I don't really know if it is the routers fault). He is going to contact the support, hopy they can sort that out.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
I've just had a Teamviewer session with him, the router blocks all outgoing UDP traffic regardless what filter / firewall settings are set (or at least all outgoing UDP traffic ist blocked, I don't really know if it is the routers fault). He is going to contact the support, hopy they can sort that out.
I would run tracert 8.8.8.8 and check where it gets stuck. (open cmd then type "tracert 8.8.8.8"
Example:

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
He contacted the support, they had to set up his firewall remotely. Seems like the settings you can do locally in the router configuration don't have any effect. It works now.

Windows tracert uses ICMP packets according to Wikipedia, so that wouldnt really help. We could receive answers to pings to paintball servers, so ICMP traffic was not blocked.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:03:57 AM by xrichardx »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 02:27:33 PM »
He contacted the support, they had to set his firewall remotely up. Seems like the settings you can to locally in the router configuration don't have any effect. It works now.

Windows tracert uses ICMP packets according to Wikipedia, so that wouldnt really help. We could receive answers to pings to paintball servers, so ICMP traffic was not blocked.
Really? Doesn't it use UDP? When UDP was blocked in my school Wi-Fi, i wasn't able to ping anything.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Traceroute, by default, sends a sequence of User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets addressed to a destination host

/EDIT: ok you're right, the Windows tracert uses ICMP, linux uses UDP.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »
read this then http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/618053
(In case somebody will have this problem in future)

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 04:55:54 AM »
Thanks so much again Richard!