_
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:41 AM by Dirty_Taco »

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: eR33t is dropping from PBCup
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »
funny. and not getting you any additional respect either. au contraire.
too bad you guys can't stand up to your mistakes (not yours personal, but your clan's).

I was not present during the match or the hours before/after, but my first thought after seeing the demos was "BoB should be removed from the league". He has only been disqualified for 1 game, and even that seems to be too much of a punishment to you. funny.

S8NATHOME

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:50:01 PM »
It's just as well DT.
Now the rest of the community can fight it out for 2nd best.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:38 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:01:37 PM »
First off er33t sorry to see this. I have a couple of questions for the community and e3rrt.

Having all the groups within the clan community represented on the PBCup staff is important to us
Was this the case during the spring league?

Simply put, we do not want to continue playing in a league where virtually every admin would love to seeing us lose.
I noticed that you mentioned admins, are you not worried about the players see you loose? I am thinking not. Which leads into my next question. Dont you think your clan in and out of game ridicule of others might have caused a general bias against the clan in this community? A "they are just jealous of our skill"' is not an anwser. Becuase we all are, you guys have consistantly been the best.

Lastly I hate to see this happen due to a lack of respect for the rules, it is such waste of talent. 

*edit any chance of the clan making it back to the Fall league?

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:35:32 PM »
I completely agree with the decision and I wasn't even there. I watched the demos though, and there is nothing bad enough to warrant a forfiet. suspending of the players who talked, sure, but to take away the win from the team? when 1) if it's that bad type ignore player# , and 2) they only talked in round a few times, and each round they did talk in the round ch1ll won, so maybe they shoulda hoped we did it more...

It's a shame that the person in charge of the decision can't look past his hatred of the clan, cause there are some of us that would have liked to play the rest of the season, and believe the players on our team should be punished. But a biased ruling like this gives me no desire to even continue. Gibb knows if it was his clan facing our situation he'd be saying exactly what I am, but since it's his biggest compeition in the other confrence, and people he doesn't like, he decides taking the deserved win away is the best decision...

watch the demo's. it's not nearly as bad as some of you probably think.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 11:13:36 PM »
watch the demo's. it's not nearly as bad as some of you probably think.

Any infraction is bad if you care. Added up over time, I think you know the results. Below is an opinion/example of the result of not caring.

Would you like to watch the demo of GT vs e3rrt? One racial slur to the ref (calling Joe a 'gook'), a few mm1 talk by e3rrt and using a non registered name(s) . Not very offensive, but the rules are made for a reason.

How many infractions does it take? I think the end result is players who follow the 'rules' become sick of playing against those who don't.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:15:13 PM »
if you care so much type ignore player# .... infact ignore the  entire other team... problem solved. are we that much of children we can't take care of matters ourselfs?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 12:05:43 AM »
its just the rules, i agree taking the entire team out of this season was a biased request when only a few members caused this but the decision was made so just try and live through it without causing a big rucus

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21:20 AM »
if you care so much type ignore player# ....
Why should anyone have to do that when there are rules in place that prohibit such actions. That was designed to ignore players not the team leaders and ref. My understanding of the rule was that only team leaders can use this to convey messages to the other team and the ref.

Children? Prehaps. But they have a respect for rules and follow them.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 12:23:35 AM »
First off I want to say that I am sad that eR33t has chosen to withdrawl from the league and hope to see you involved next season. 

That being said, Even if ch1ll had wont crimething and/or renior we still would have commented to PBCup officials about rule infrations durring the match.

Just a note while this is in my head, even if eR33t did not forfeit crimethink they still would have been behind us in the standings, take that as you will but i dont mean to gloat or anything.

As for DT's comment about the league officials being biased againsted eR33t, I'd like to point out that DT himself played a major role in writing the rules for the league and knew first hand that mm1 durring a game, easpecially after being warned by the ref, can result in a forfeit.

Lets move on to clan representation in the league...At the moment the clans reresented by league admins are .xb. and -ch1ll- and by refs include tR and insane (if thats smokeys clan of the week hehehehe). The reason PBCup has admins (and had admins) in clans such as -ch1ll- .xb. and eR33t is because said clans have the most experienced players in the game and players who have been around for a long period of time and who are not going anywhere.

if theres anything i didnt address or any comments you may have feel free to post

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 12:42:52 AM »
My comment about why the pbcup and the dp community in general have a problem with e3rrt is well understood by all. I am acutally suprised astute students of this game could or would overlook this. Ends speculation. We can all be guilty of this once in while.

But enough is enough. Where will it end? On this thread sadly. Waste of talent.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 01:44:11 AM »
sure talking in mm1 can result in a forfiet, but watch the demo. nothing in there is so bothersome it cost you guys any points. maybe if the admins had some common scence they would realize this.

and it's not like er33t is the only ones who feel that the foreit is wrong, i've talked to a few 3rd parties, they think it's bs too.

and for god sakes, loail, please learn to type eR33t correctly, it's not that hard.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »
bothersome would be spamming something non stop or constantly going from observer to the team.. somethin of that sort that we see in pub all so often. a little talking doesn't hurt anyone.. and if it does turn on the meddling ignore. greatest thing jits has done for this game ever, so utilize it.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 02:03:56 AM »
Y2J, you might not know that, but DirtyTaco has forfeited aB a map last season for the same reasons as eR33t has been forfeited a map now. I don't think any eR33t member should complain about the forfeit of crimethink. Also, even with that 1 map being lost, there'd still be a great chance for eR33t to go to the championships, but I guess they just want to show everybody how cool they are etc. bla bla.  Just look at the comments in this thread "now they can battle out the 2nd best team";  well, eR33t can't prove they are the #1 team now...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 02:09:32 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:35 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 03:40:59 AM »
If I may. Let us simplify this for the sake of progress.

How many infractions does it take before the rules are enforced? Anyone? How many times must a team experince a total lack of respect for the rules when participating in pbcup vs any clan.

503-48 + championship + impunity =  Rules being enforced, despite your in game prow-less (pun) GG.

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=impunity

Waste of talents.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »
Y2J, you might not know that, but DirtyTaco has forfeited aB a map last season for the same reasons as eR33t has been forfeited a map now. I don't think any eR33t member should complain about the forfeit of crimethink. Also, even with that 1 map being lost, there'd still be a great chance for eR33t to go to the championships, but I guess they just want to show everybody how cool they are etc. bla bla.  Just look at the comments in this thread "now they can battle out the 2nd best team";  well, eR33t can't prove they are the #1 team now...

That is not the same reason he forfeited aB, but he as already covered that.

As for us not being able to prove we're #1, we'll save that for regular matches since we can't get a fair match in pbcup.

We were never warned about being forfeited once, unlike aB.
It was only after ch1ll lost this whole thing blew up.

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 08:39:45 AM »
Here's my biggest concern. 

I've gone to great lengths to ensure that global chat be reduced to only refs and team captains.  In the start of the Spring season there wasn't anything from preventing people from talking, just a rule saying please don't do it.  People couldn't resist it and kept insulting each other back and forth.  At this point I made the requirement for say a Level-1 op status.  I then told the refs to have the Level-1 login command sent down to 1 captain per team.  Some people exposed a workaround for the op requirement and soon everyone was global chatting through console.  So then I had jitspoe make me a special game build which included an option to filter console chatting.

At this point things were working okay.  There were minor issues with captains using global chat beyond its intentions concerning PBCup (the basic intentions are that captains can coordinate substitutes, communicate with the referee or report a lagged teammate) but nothing to extent we had seen previously.  blah. blah. blah.  eR33t went on to win Spring Championship. blah. blah.

So here we are at the Summer Season. 4 Weeks played and each week it has been pretty obvious that an eR33t members who has access to admin areas are distributing the global chat login to their teammates.  I've already had to change the global chat login 3 times this season (1 password lasted the entire Spring season) across every server.  In this most recent match the PBCup Referee had been deoping eR33t members who had logged in, but eR33t members kept ignoring the ref and the PBCup rules and logging back in.

It's become pretty tedius for me to have to change all global chat logins on three different systems and handle complaints from another clan after each match just because eR33t are enforcing their first amendment.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 11:50:40 AM »
I forfeited aB because unibonger was using the name [aB]SkeetOneR33t. I warned him 4 times each time saying it would result in a forfeit. I did not forfeit them for mm1 usage and i would not have forfeited them for using different names that weren't trying to attack my clan.

toM|Vendetta warned us to not talk in mm1 once or twice i believe and never said anything about a forfeit.

503-48 + a championship

correct me if I'm wrong, but BoB used a false name as well... like [eR33t]bundle of twigsmagee or something similar. I have not mentioned mm1 talk in my previous post at all, and except for warning aB there are plenty of similarities, aren't there?  Also, we (all admins, including DT) decided upon enforcing the rules with more strength, so I believe they ruled the right way in making eR33t forfeit crimethink.