« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:32 AM by Dirty_Taco »

lekky

• Autococker
Re: eR33t is dropping from PBCup
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
i'm a bit confused.

I hear the word rules, then hear that its no biggie if they arn't followed.

Can someone please confirm to me if I have to obey these rules, or if its ok if i laugh in the face of anyone who tries to enforce them..?

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 01:01:19 PM »
We're saying something should be changed. We're modern day MLK Jr's. Talking does not bother me one bit, and on the rare occurance it does, i ignore the person. A stupid rule like that should be changed, and it's not like the whole team was talking, just one individual. And it wasn't as bad as ch1ll would have you believe... they got outplayed, it had nothing to do with us talking in mm1, infact they won every round we did talk in mm1, they should wish we did it more... We weren't flooding text or anything. I welcome mm1. If it becomes annoying you can ignore the person. I love the fact most of you seem to be like 5 and incapable of doing anything yourselfs and always looking to mom and dad for support. meddling ignore the person if it's that bad. The ignore command works 10x better then this op thing anyways.. Put bob on ignore the second you load up a game with him, and no excuses. It's pathetic to win a game you lost because of something like this.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 01:08:03 PM »
you could've told the admins what you think about the rules a long time ago, don't you think? Now that there are rules, they should be followed and enforced, and if you don't follow them, a punishment is correct, if you like the rules or not.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »
hell, i don't see the rules on the pbcup website anywhere.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
and the sticky set of rules says nothing about mm1 talking.

and also

"Team Rosters will be locked at 00:00am EST on the first day of the 6th week. This is much like the Trade Deadline which is observed in most North American sports leagues" - gibb last night was trying to say how this isn't like a pro sports league, yet there are some rules that follow directly in the path of it.. what is a little trash talk, especially when you can ignore it.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »
Extract from the original rules (set up for the previous season)

6.3: Rule Violations

Any and all rule violations are a serious issue and will not be taken lightly.

Teams who violate any rule may be subject to disciplinary action. This includes the specific penalties listed or suspensions, forfeits, replays, removal from the league, and loss of points. The league may change penalties as it sees fit.

In the event a team breaks the public chat rule and degrades, verbally attacks or threatens an opponent the team that player plays for will receive an automatic forfeit loss and that player shall be suspended until further notice. A second infraction will cost that team a 1-week suspension. The league will not tolerate such behavior.

Disruptive teams will be purged from the league. Any team that is repeatedly disruptive in the form of un-tolerated language, pointless spamming, server crashing, etc. will be removed from this league.

In the event a team breaks the public chat rule and degrades, verbally attacks or threatens an opponent the team that player plays for will receive an automatic forfeit loss and that player shall be suspended until further notice.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »
I love the fact most of you seem to be like 5 and incapable of doing anything yourselfs and always looking to mom and dad for support.  ignore the person if it's that bad. The ignore command works 10x better then this op thing anyways.. Put bob on ignore the second you load up a game with him, and no excuses. It's pathetic to win a game you lost because of something like this.

If you know that you will lose a game if you mm2, then don't act like a spoilt child and do something you know you shouldnt.

Its not down to others to ignore someone, its down to that person NOT to violate the rules in the first place.

The person/s at fault are those that broke the rules, not those that have to do something extra to not be affected by anothers rule-breaking

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
the rules are clearly stated, just because your team is the best doesnt mean you dont have to follow PUBLIC rules

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 06:24:32 PM »
Where in the rules does it say that it's acceptable for the ref to not give one warning about a potential forfeit during the map, but then two hours and many tears later issue one? I can't find that section.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 06:51:12 PM »
where does it say in the rules its acceptable to tell your team you love their sexy bodies in mm2?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »
wow

Sprinkle

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2006, 07:18:44 PM »
If that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2006, 08:07:27 PM »
Wow, lots of stuff to respond to.  First, like other people have said, i'm sorry that you all feel it’s necessary to leave the league after this ruling.  You might think that I am just saying this to appear courteous, but as a premiere clan in the game in regards to skill, it’s a shame to see you leave the league as defending champions.  We purposely made these rulings the way they are so that you could still participate in the league, and have a chance to move onto the playoffs for a second season in a row. 

Now to address individual comments:

Pierce i'm surprised to see this post from you even though I know you’re obviously upset by the ruling.  Regardless, you know for a fact I am not a biased ref who wants to see your clan fail.  Perhaps you weren't referring to me in your initial post, as you were vague and said 'virtually every admin,' but regardless, I don't believe these accusations are true regarding Xbain, myself, Pure, and oddjob.  These rulings were not made to force you out of the league, but to hopefully get a point across to your team, and all teams, that if you break these rules, you will be punished regardless what team you are. 

This has already been stated a little bit, but as a league that wants to promote FUN, FAIR, and RESPECTFUL play by all participating teams.  We do not want our participants to have to type “ignore #” during a game due to an opposing team being disruptive through messagemode1. 

You might wonder what I define as disruptive.  If you have mm1 privileges and you aren’t subbing in an observer, reporting a teammate is lagged, telling the ref what your map is, or what color you want, or simply saying “gg” at the end of a match, you are being disruptive.  I know without a doubt some people will not agree with that reasoning, but if what you are saying does not relate to all the things I just previously mentioned, it simply is not necessary to be talking. 

It is bad practice to put that burden on our participants to have to type “ignore” when we can eliminate that problem by allowing three people in a server of at least 9 to talk via mm1.  However, this system obviously becomes flawed when administrators give this information to their teammates over and over again.  Please understand that if bob never had access to the mm1 login, he never would have spoken a word during the game.  If he had never had access to the mm1 login, this thread would not exist, no suspensions would have issued, you would be one 2-1 win over aT from reaching the playoffs for a second year in a row to defend your title.

It was mentioned that the ref for this match, TomVendetta, only warned eR33t once or twice during the match about talking in mm1, and never mentioned anything about a forfeit potentially being issued.  I must know, if he warns you by saying, “Do not talk in mm1.” What do you think is going to happen if you keep talking?  Maybe you weren’t expecting a forfeit, but why would you blatantly disrespect him by ignoring him and continuing to talk?  If he never asked you to stop talking in mm1, or questioned if bob was the leader of eR33t (insinuating if he wasn’t the leader, he shouldn’t be talking in mm1, let alone have access to mm1 login), and issued a forfeit, then I think you would have a legitimate complaint. 

Clearly this whole ordeal boils down to, “Does talking in mm1 during a match warrant a forfeit?”  In a league with established rules set to keep games fun and fair, I believe it does.  No team signed up for this league to be ridiculed during a match, whether it’s as blatant as a personal attack or a small remark like, “lmao” or “lucky” after a death.  It simply isn’t necessary.  Every person that plays this game is different; some people may not even notice this stuff during a match.  Other people might notice it when they are looking at their mm2 chatter for recon.  We believe reducing all taunting, mocking, offensive comments to an absolute minimum is the best thing for this league.  By issuing forfeits for this immature behavior, we think we can keep this league enjoyable for all participating clans.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 08:35:03 PM by Gibb »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2006, 09:57:36 PM »
just a small complaint i have is that a few of the er33t people have now joined the roster of team insane which of course gives them the advantage over the other teams. just my opinion but i understand they have until week 6 to set their rosters

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »
No one from eR33t has joined the Insane roster.And how would that be unfair anyways..? They arent in a PBCup team. so..?

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »
Team Insane out of roster tickets :-\

Here is their PBCup Summer Roster: http://www.pbcup.com/?a=clanprof&n=49&e=pbc2

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 08:14:12 AM »
zarathura and GODSKILLA were in the roster yesterday apparently they dropped

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 08:48:47 AM »
They're in the "clan" on PBCup but not on the Summer Roster
http://www.pbcup.com/?a=clanprof&n=49 and http://www.pbcup.com/?a=clanprof&n=49&e=pbc2

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
I removed them because Id rather win pbcup with my actual team instead of having eR33t get their "revenge"