Poll

Do you want me to complete the DPLeague project?

Yes
18 (78.3%)
No
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: The DPLeague project - Do you want me to complete it?  (Read 9322 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
The DPLeague project - Do you want me to complete it?
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
Yeah, I've started working on DPLeague again.
I want to know if i'm going to waste soooo much time or I'm not.
You can motivate me here, It really matters to me because then I feel that my work is not pointless.

hTml
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:48:59 PM by hTml »

kKd

• Stingray
Re: The DPLeague project - Do you want me to complete it?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »
do it

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »
The man who voted "No" -_-

GameZET

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:31 PM »
Do it

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 11:34:27 PM »
Yeah do it.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
<- why the hell?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
It's a poll, ofc that there will be " no" . If you want to be recognized, you needs to achieve things, not just start a poll or to comes here with says. But you got the attention since you mentionned  attractive features, you wont get alot of hype like that ^^' Also, i don't like the idea of " you need hype to do things " it feel like you could leaves until you finish something, or that you could leave if you got frustrated. (remember me how it ended up with JMR's tournaments). What ever, To answer the question, of course the DP League would be useful, but there will be alot of adjustement to be made before it will fit the requirements / Needs, and alot of work to do :) So do it newb.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
The best way to find out what a community wants/needs is to immerse yourself in its culture – which would be playing the game, in this case. Not the forums, really.

My quick-and-dirty recommendation for accomplishing that? Maybe just hop in a few servers and don't join a team, just chat with the players and ask them if they would be interested in joining something like that.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
<- why the hell?
If you put No, why are you surprised people actually vote for it. And there is honestly no value in such a forum poll, since you have no idea if the votes are genuine or just trolls. There is too few people to make the result an actual representation of majority's opinion. The only time it has some kind of value is when there is no negative option, but all are options which result in a positive/similar result. For example maplist votes, it's not prefect since there still can be trolls, but it's probably the closes you get to a genuine result.

And pretty much what webhead said, 90% of people who actually play the game aren't on the forums/don't care for it.

I would add one more thing to webhead's suggestion: Get on skype and talk to known players if they would come back to play this etc. I can give you quite a few skype contacts if you are interested (my skype:prozajik). Skype was most commonly used by PB players to setup matches alongside irc (I would still say skype was/is bigger last 2 years) (EDIT:In EU).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:42:31 PM by prozajik »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
I would add one more thing to webhead's suggestion: Get on skype and talk to known players if they would come back to play this etc. I can give you quite a few skype contacts if you are interested (my skype:prozajik). Skype most commonly used by PB players to setup matches alongside irc (I would still say skype was/is bigger last 2 years).
Maybe I was never into this game enough to know that, but I never used Skype with anyone from here. That's good to know though!

Oberhippie

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
I voted with "No". First of all organize a tournament or something like that, to find out what a league system need. It won't be a good project without that experience and input.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »
I voted with "No". First of all organize a tournament or something like that, to find out what a league system need. It won't be a good project without that experience and input.
It's all about a ranking system and map elimination, I dont see any problem here.
I know how the tournaments work. The problem is that it will work in another way than any tournament/league that was organized before.

Oberhippie

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
[...]The problem is that it will work in another way than any tournament/league that was organized before.
And you want to test or discuss the new organization? Don't waste your time by implementing feature/s nobody wants. Maybe describe your plans and get some feedback first.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »
And you want to test or discuss the new organization? Don't waste your time by implementing feature/s nobody wants. Maybe describe your plans and get some feedback first.
i want the league system.
Do it
Yeah do it.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 02:48:01 PM »
kay so im working on it :]

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »
Maybe I was never into this game enough to know that, but I never used Skype with anyone from here. That's good to know though!
Interesting, did you use something else beside IRC? Also, I guess Skype was more of EU thing, didn't seem like NA's were too happy to ask for a match on Skype, always last resort.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »
Interesting, did you use something else beside IRC? Also, I guess Skype was more of EU thing, didn't seem like NA's were too happy to ask for a match on Skype, always last resort.

IRC mainly, plus Xfire on rare occasions – and there were probably instances when it was organized from within the game.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 01:22:02 AM »
IRC mainly, plus Xfire on rare occasions – and there were probably instances when it was organized from within the game.
Oh yea totally forgot about ingame hah. If I had to sum it up, back in days when we were vT (and FlyOver was still active, I remember spending the whole holidays just playing 3-5 matches a day  and grinding our win streak ^^) back in these days we used probably a fair distribution of IRC, ingame and Skype, I would say even IRC the most.

When it became more difficult to get matches and people started to leave, it was mainly Skype with a little of IRC.

Anyway, cool thanks for the info :p

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »
If you want to be recognized, you needs to achieve things, not just start a poll or to comes here with says.

Je pense que tu ne le connais pas bien si tu dis ca. Il en a fait des choses t'as pas idée.

JACKLER

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 02:30:29 AM »
so what's the deal?  this still going ahead or what?