Author Topic: What should I work on next? (2015 Edition)  (Read 12460 times)

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
Re: What should I work on next? (2015 Edition)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 08:32:07 AM »
I think this could be the next big feature of Digital Paint: Paintball 2 in 2015: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10119 :P

But seriously, I like these:
- In-Game registration.
- Complete more highres textures.
- Screen resolution auto-detect
- Remember window settings such as window and size and maximized state.
- Menu settings for full screen windowed mode and custom resolution sizes.
- Begin implementing in-game IRC

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
Here's what happens when you try to use Russian text
I know, i mean you can simply skip some chars in Polish for example :)
So "Dołącz do gry" would be "Dolacz do gry"

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
- Friends lists
- Ranking
- Match making
- Ingame IRC

They are important for the game now, we need that to make the game more active, competitive and enjoyable

These are some nice ideas.  +1

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 09:12:06 AM »
You are wrongs, cs:go and Dota2's matchmaking are moslty about 5vs5, based on elo and players " hided elo ".
The matchmaking i'd like to see on dp, would just be something for smaller scrim like ( 2vs2 / 3vs3 and even 1vs1 would work). That would be really useful, and you wouldnt need to go on everyserver and leave a message every mins to find a match. It would probably makes pub players starting to teaming up and easily find matches. If we are actualy able to find matches just on pubservers, why wouldnt it work if teams that want to match register to that ONE matchmaking?

And also, for the tutorial part, i really think this game actually need more players before making feature for it. So no Rockyar, i really do not want jitspoe to work on advanced tutoriats, but to start working on something that will improve the amount of players rather than making the small amount of players better.
To my knowledge Matchmaking means having equally strong teams but what you proposed is of course possible. And like I said before, one would have to use something like ELO points for that, if you actually want a rank system with that as well. So some player with, idk maybe, 2000 ELO plays against someone with 300 ELO. 2000 ELO guy loses, 300 ELO guy gets rewarded 50 points, 2000 ELO guy wins he gets 5 points (with balanced figures of course).

Also I agree with you on most points anyway. So no need to discuss further.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
Exactly. That' why I want UTF-8 support.

Not to bash your idea, but sadly, this has already been discussed and jits says this:

No, that would be a rather large undertaking.  It would be possible to support a few accented characters and such that are supported by the basic 8-bit ascii character set, but it would mean removing most of the current funname stuff.  Pretty much the whole Quake2 architecture is based around 8-bit character strings, so switching over to 16-bit or utf-8 would require revamping all of the string related functionality and would potentially double the bandwith required for sending strings over the network.

That said, if you want to vote for something related to improving the font system, go here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15095

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:43 PM »
Not to bash your idea, but sadly, this has already been discussed and jits says this:

That said, if you want to vote for something related to improving the font system, go here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15095

Heh heh, I noticed that.
Thx for that link

Btw jitspoe, explain me something.
Why does Pb2 lagg(high ping) for me on a German server (Im hungarian, from Hungary), w/o UTF-8 charset.

Why doesnt TF2 lagg(high ping) for me on a NA server, with UTF-8.

Seriously, if you would optimize the server_launcher, there wouldnt be as many lagg problems, and excrement as now.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »
How come Richard isnt a moderator yet ?

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:55 AM »
- Friends lists
- Ranking
- Match making
- Ingame IRC

They are important for the game now, we need that to make the game more active, competitive and enjoyable

+1
Also smoke grenades

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
Heh heh, I noticed that.
Thx for that link

Btw jitspoe, explain me something.
Why does Pb2 lagg(high ping) for me on a German server (Im hungarian, from Hungary), w/o UTF-8 charset.

Why doesnt TF2 lagg(high ping) for me on a NA server, with UTF-8.

Seriously, if you would optimize the server_launcher, there wouldnt be as many lagg problems, and excrement as now.
are you high?

I'm not sure what you think character encoding does, but the source engine (tf2) has a lot more modern netcode with prediction and lag compensation, so you'd not notice your higher ping anywhere near as much.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »
utf8 support is useless.
I would like to see some ingame match server rent tool and an IRC client with ingame notification popups.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »
Add an option for 144Hz refresh rate please.

It isn't that important, but I assume it wouldn't take long to add.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 08:11:48 PM »
Add an option for 144Hz refresh rate please.

It isn't that important, but I assume it wouldn't take long to add.

Does that not work already?  If you don't specify the refresh rate, it should use whatever the refresh rate is set by windows.  Only applies when you use vsync.  You can specify it with r_displayrefresh -- or did you just mean add it to the menu?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »
Does that not work already?  If you don't specify the refresh rate, it should use whatever the refresh rate is set by windows.  Only applies when you use vsync.  You can specify it with r_displayrefresh -- or did you just mean add it to the menu?

Just meant add it to the menu.  The majority of people won't know the commands.  I will double check tonight but I didn't think it was picking up the refresh rate automatically.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 01:40:09 AM »
+ optimize the Linux version because it's crappy :(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »
Just meant add it to the menu.  The majority of people won't know the commands.  I will double check tonight but I didn't think it was picking up the refresh rate automatically.
Ah, yeah, that'll be in the next version.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »
Work on more inspirational pictures for mapping please.