Author Topic: Paintball 2 doesnt work on linux  (Read 2735 times)

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
Paintball 2 doesnt work on linux
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
Hello.
I recently replaced my win10 on my pc to xubuntu (thrusty).
I downloaded the .tar.gz and extracted it. I tried to launch it from thunar (xubuntu's file manager). Nothing happened after doubleclicking paintball2. I tried with root, from terminal, still, nothing did happen. I tried to install the required packages with apt-get, but some of them couldnt be installed(ERROR: package not found).What sources should I add to my sources.list or what repos should I add?  Currently I'm using it with wine (but it laggs pretty much).

Hirogen

• PGP
Re: Paintball 2 doesnt work on linux
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
What does the terminal output? Is it something like this:

LoadLibrary("ref_pbgl.so") failed: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had this issue some time ago. All I had to do is to install libjpg. As this article ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libjpeg6b/+bug/978843/comments/8 ) says you can do it with
$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg62 git-core

If you are using a 64-bit system you have to install the 32-bit package but I forgot which one it is, it may be libjpg:i386 or something like that, just google.
I hope it works but you should keep trying it with wine or directly on windows (Neither the Linux version nor the windows version runs on my fresh Ubuntu MATE with standard drivers or the latest AMD drivers ..)

Hirogen

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg62:i386
did it for me. By the way where can I get q2a3d.so, I can't play with sound without it :)

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 10:20:56 PM »
It works! But when I wanna change the resolution (do a vid_restart) , console says : signal 11 received, exiting, and pb2 stops. pls help me.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »
Also what button toggles the console? and the scores lists disappears after 2 secs (while holding TAB)

Hirogen

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 06:25:46 AM »
bind ^ toggleconsole
default for opening console is " shift + ยด "
I don't know why the scores list disappears too, I'd like to know how to fix it too :D
Do you resize the window with setup -> video options or with that command I already forgot?
Another thing I recognized is that I can't resize the window like on windows, and when playing with 1920*1080 there is also the window title bar above it so the the lower part of the HUD is cut off (e.g. how many players of the blue team are alive). That's why playing the windows version with wine is much better :)