Poll

Bump the ball speed up back to what it was 10 years ago!

Bump the ball speed up
9 (47.4%)
Don't bump the ball speed up
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Ball speed  (Read 2811 times)

sample

• PGP
Ball speed
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »
The ball speed now allows anyone to run through making this game not fun or "skilled" because anyone can run through any line now and making it where there is no strategy!!

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Ball speed
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »
Not totaly true, it depends of the gun you are using, and the speed of the guy running "trough".
Also, alot of people actually think that people run trough their lines, but its not. It's mainly because their lines are a little bit to low, or to the left, or to the right or not enough accurate.
(Even myself, i watch oftenly demos, and this is about the accuracy of the bullets, not shooting the exact path that they took).
Also, you have to take in consideration that people are actually smarter than before, they look at the lines, and try to jump over, or under.
The only problem that i can think of with the new ball speed, is about them falling down on the ground on high distances.
I think the ballspeed is more realistic this way, and does not need to be changed.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:47 PM »
A higher ball speed will - if it affects the probability at all - decrease the chance of you hitting someone who is running through your line. I don't get why people always want to make lines more efficient by increasing the ball speed.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »
Because it's better to blame the game physics, than themselves. Or to understand why it didnt worked well. Demos are here for a reason, if you seriously think people can run trough autocker lines, watch your demos, you will see that it's almost impossible exept on fast path like ice. It is about accuracy and still.. People now learn how to jump over lines which make the lines less effective.

technyk32

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
I would vote for this, but you do realize you can just change this in server settings, right?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 06:43:31 PM »
already played a couple games with this speed, it's honestly way better and makes that game a lot more fun. Theres new lines to be found and different strats, i think this is something good for the game. TeMaRu just doesn't want to go re-watch all his mistakes in his demos again. it's understandable, but when you enter NA servers they'll be changed.