Poll

Would you like a ranking system similiar to that of gamebattles used for competitive games?

Implement a ranking system
5 (83.3%)
Don't implement a ranking system
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Ranking System and Matchmaking  (Read 4325 times)

sample

• PGP
Ranking System and Matchmaking
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
When i first left the dp2 scene for a while, I switched over to xbox playing call of duty. I had gotten introduced to the competitive scene and started playing on a website called GameBattles.com and the way the website is set up is that you can make your clan/team and there is a match finder system where clans/teams post looking for a match and any other clan/team can accept the match challenge which generates what maps would be played and which clan/team hosts first so if it was in dp it would be which clans server they play in on which map. Usually the higher ranking team hosts first map and the lower ranking team hosts the 2nd map and 3rd map in a Best of 3. Anyway after the match is played both teams go and report their scores meaning they report who won and who lost, which also means that the records cannot be faked because after the winner is determined it puts a win or loss on the winning or losing team. Then this effects the ranking of each player by adding a win your rank goes up a certain amount of spots based on how much xp you earned from your opponent and the xp is determined by the opponents ranks, for example, if both teams have not been ranked yet the winning team gets 16 xp and the losing team loses 16 xp keeping them not ranked until they gain that xp back plus more to get them ranked. Also, if a team that is ranked in the top plays a team thats ranked on the bottom the top ranked team would only get like 1-2 xp and the losing team will only lose 1-2 xp. It's basically all relative to who you play. This is just an idea that i would love to see be implemented and if you want to look at what the ranking system is like go to this link : http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/leaderboards

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine

sample

• PGP
Re: Ranking System and Matchmaking
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:18:36 AM »
I know they had that post but they were talking about a different ranking system then i was talking about so i was just expressing my form of ranking system

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »
Jitspoe stated that he would implement some kind of Elo ranking system - which is what you described there - if he finds time and motivation to do it. Keeping different polls at different locations will not help organizing the feature votes.

sample

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
Jitspoe stated that he would implement some kind of Elo ranking system - which is what you described there - if he finds time and motivation to do it. Keeping different polls at different locations will not help organizing the feature votes.
Oh my bad I didnt realize he was thinking about it like this ill lock this poll than

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
if there was a rank. we would be at the top

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 07:31:54 PM »
if there was a rank. we would be at the top

You wouldn't

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
https://github.com/mRokita/DPLeague/ <- Here you can find a working log parser I made for DPLeague.
It saves the stats to a MySQL database.
I think you should take a look at it.