Author Topic: Ball Speed in NA  (Read 2926 times)

sample

• PGP
Ball Speed in NA
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:28 PM »
A lot of people have been complaining about the "new" ball speed that jitspoe changed it too and I know i have been one of them but Jitspoe changed the "default" settings of the servers being played on and the setting can be changed and I just found that out so idk why people complain and harass jitspoe about it when they can fix it themselves in their servers. With that being said I changed my ball speed in my servers to 2850(I know the ball speed used to be 2790) but some of us active competitive players sat in one of my servers and tested out different ball speeds and we have come to conclusion that we like 2850 the best, so all the MLG servers and uR servers will be set to 2850 ball speed including match servers and public servers. Also talked to some of the EU players and they said they like the ball speed and want to implement it into the EU match servers at least so that it can be even on both sides. I just wanted to post this to inform everyone about the change to the NA servers so that they can expect the ball speed to be higher(btw the default after jitspoe changed it is 2660). So if anyone wants to complain to jitspoe about the ball speed change think twice because you can change it. I'm also gonna be hosting tournaments and they are going to be using this ball speed so if anyone wants to join, practice on my pub server or uR's pub server or if any EU servers implement the ball speed into their servers to get used to the ball speed!

Also, Jitspoe i have a question about my servers configs, im trying to save the ball speed command in my server config but it wont save everytime i restart my server it resets to the default ball speed. if anyone has a solution to how i can save it to where it takes effect please let me know.

The reason for me keeping the ball speed at 2850 is because i have had a lot of positive feedback of this ball speed so if you are going to hate on me for changing my servers ball speeds even though you haven't tried it just don't reply then.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:35:24 PM by sample »

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: Ball Speed in NA(I put this post in the wrong section of the forums)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:21 PM »
I have not tried it.

BTW you double thread post, the a crime worthy of the ddos hammer.

vLaD

• Autococker
Re: Ball Speed in NA
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
In uR servers our ball speed is 2950. To set it so it would stay that way in your servers a simple command of 'set ball_speed 2950' into your config will keep it that way in your servers on restart.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
Re: Ball Speed in NA
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 07:36:38 AM »
Wait. All that paragraph just to say you can change ballspped ? What ?  Who didn't know that

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »
He always makes it slower :(

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »
yeah so you can actually avoid some god darn bullets foxybaby

thats right i meddling went there, hit u where it hurts, firin shots

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
BTW you double thread post, the a crime worthy of the ddos hammer.

Actually sample, what you can do in this situation is, instead of making another thread in the correct sub-forum, just click the "Report to moderator" link on your original post, and add a comment that it needs to be moved - and a mod will just move it for you. :)
But I will go ahead and merge the two threads, no problem.