Author Topic: [Bug?] Black color issuses  (Read 3969 times)

lukip

• VM-68
[Bug?] Black color issuses
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »

the first word you can see on the screenshot is written with CTRL+k+", when i want to use this color and i press "enter", it says "Line has unmatched quote, discarded" as you can see in the screenshot.
the second word is written with CTRL+k+0, just so you see the difference, its nothing important though.

i never really cared about this "bug", just felt like asking if its possible to use it since it looks nice to me.

EDIT: its not possible to use this color in the menu for changing name, not in the original one and not in PCDP mod which i am using.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: [Bug?] Black color issuses
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Edit: nvm

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 07:05:07 AM »
Just add the color code (ctrl + k -> ") at the end of your line again. That will make the parser think the quote is matched and fix it - at least until a new build is out where this is fixed.

Edit: Uploaded a patch, this should be fixed in b42.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:42:53 AM by xrichardx »

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »
Just add the color code (ctrl + k -> ") at the end of your line again. That will make the parser think the quote is matched and fix it - at least until a new build is out where this is fixed.

Edit: Uploaded a patch, this should be fixed in b42.

nice, it works in chat so far. what about cvar value? it would be cool if i can use it in my name aswell^^

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »
nice, it works in chat so far. what about cvar value? it would be cool if i can use it in my name aswell^^

If i remember the cvar value is there to prevent things like "\n" in names and other things like that. I could be wrong.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »
Ace is right, quotation marks (") are forbidden in userinfo and serverinfo cvars (cvar.c line 36). I don't think you can fix that yourself.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »
okey, still thanks for the help ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 01:05:28 AM »
Actual black isn't intended to be used for text, because black text with a black shadow on a black background would be impossible to read.  That's why there's always some tint of grey to it.