Author Topic: ub_cliff remake lol i know calm down  (Read 5080 times)

WarWulf

• Autococker
ub_cliff remake lol i know calm down
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:13:24 AM »
still beta havent finished lighting\texturing. take some sshots and redline things  you would like to see changed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44846597/ub_cliff.rar

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: ub_cliff remake lol i know calm down
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
It's awesome, i would like to see the rendering when the textures and everything will be done.

I'm glad that you did kept pretty much the whole original map.

And you can access pretty much everywhere, You thought of everything.

The only part that i dislike, is the fact that you can die on low with ice on it. ^-^

And this one: http://www.pixenli.com/images/1450/1450801137008426400.jpg

It seems pretty open and exposed, and the 4 squares are a bit strange.

But the rest of your map is awesome. :)

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:36:28 AM »
It's awesome, i would like to see the rendering when the textures and everything will be done.

I'm glad that you did kept pretty much the whole original map.

And you can access pretty much everywhere, You thought of everything.

The only part that i dislike, is the fact that you can die on low with ice on it. ^-^

And this one: http://www.pixenli.com/images/1450/1450801137008426400.jpg

It seems pretty open and exposed, and the 4 squares are a bit strange.

But the rest of your map is awesome. :)

those are gonna be shipping containers. i just havent made the textures for it yet. they are gonna be like the shipping containers on ub_leg but i have to alter the text on the psd files.  The reason i made it so you can die on the low is so you are no so easily tempted to just run away with flags. lol

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
Yeah, make sense, it's just that i find it pretty hard to do the jump on low to reach the first flag with ice, and not with the bumper. But yeah, going directly behind the first flag is something ^-^ well done.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
Yeah, make sense, it's just that i find it pretty hard to do the jump on low to reach the first flag with ice, and not with the bumper. But yeah, going directly behind the first flag is something ^-^ well done.

in that empty area next to that ramp behind the first flag is a jump pad.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
in that empty area next to that ramp behind the first flag is a jump pad.

Yeah, i called it a bumper for some reason, but i guess "pad" is more appropriate. (used to play shootmania with those bumpers)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »
The contrast with the textures is really high, I would prefer it lower. Screenshot of the map with my settings:

I like the textures in the underground they look pretty neat. Regarding the crystals (or w/e you call it) in the underground, I think you should move them around a bit, would make for a more interesting look imo.

Regarding the gameplay, I don't like the 1st and 2nd flag positioning, it's pretty easy to defend both of them from the place above 2nd flag:

Ohterwise pretty nice map, low is slightly slower than normal way (low ~ 12 seconds from flag to flag, normal ~ 8 seconds) which is pretty nice, since it's easy to speed through and would make it hard to have fights there (reminds me of pp1 low kind of). Kind of hard to judge the environments, but from what I can see, it looks decent.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »
Yeah I think the world lighting is a bit to bright, also these are not the full textures I am gonna be using and I have so much to do on the low area.. + I'm making models for this map. Just made these banners this morning. I have no clue how to export the models to work with dp though and Jitspoe never responds on irc. Also gonna do a lot of rscripting.

One more thing. I am thinking of making the second flag have a button that will hide the flag. So if you are red then you have to go to the blue side to hit a button to disable your second flag and also if the blue flag is hidden it will unhide it.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »
oh also i can do the low in 8 seconds and the top in 8 seconds ^__^ depending on where i spawn of course.

EDIT: just did 7 seconds using the ice mid high.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 01:02:25 AM »
One more thing. I am thinking of making the second flag have a button that will hide the flag. So if you are red then you have to go to the blue side to hit a button to disable your second flag and also if the blue flag is hidden it will unhide it.
Is it possible?

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
splatmesa.bsp =]

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 02:40:17 AM »

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 07:23:08 PM »
finally figured out how to make models work for dp. ^__^ i got so many f***ing idea's now lol   a filter from filterforge i just discovered.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
hmm need to figure out how to make the grass transparent lol

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »
Anything new about this map? Still waiting for a release.