Author Topic: TheInternational #2  (Read 13427 times)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
Re: TheInternational #2
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 08:53:48 AM »
Team uR is going to try and rally for the tourney. I'll update this post if we make a roster.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
Thank you for participating. Hope this will get the concurrence up
And could you fo 2 teams myers?
Yeah he is banned

No, only 1 team cause I don't know if any of those people will want to show up. Just listed the NA players I have some contact with. Since there's no date, I have no idea if any of them or even myself will actually be able to attend. People have school/life/work to attend to or something like that.

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
No, only 1 team cause I don't know if any of those people will want to show up. Just listed the NA players I have some contact with. Since there's no date, I have no idea if any of them or even myself will actually be able to attend. People have school/life/work to attend to or something like that.
Yes i see but shk wanted to as well as tini and you didn't write here for nothing i guess. The date is the 2nd of january btw if you haven't read it....

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »
Yes i see but shk wanted to as well as tini and you didn't write here for nothing i guess. The date is the 2nd of january btw if you haven't read it....

Yes, and TiNi isn't actually intending on playing, Juiicy is banned, ChaLk is out of town, Reaver has no intentions of installing DP, and Idias is forever a benchwarmer. Therefore, MyeRs/Shk/Chemical are the only people who can play.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 09:37:36 PM »
what the fck is german and NA time, there's more than 1 timezone in NA. What time is it in EST/PST.......

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »
Also it's called the international, so I expect even servers as it is international. How will the servers be determined when its NA vs EU? What NA servers will be used

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 10:47:14 PM »
If i am correct, it will be randomly (Coin toss?) determined for all BO1 until semi final which are on BO3 and regular rules.  ( By that i mean who ever get the higher points difference get the tie map on their servers ). There is a looser bracket also. In case you fail a BO1.
German time is CET.

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »
If i am correct, it will be randomly (Coin toss?) determined for all BO1 until semi final which are on BO3 and regular rules.  ( By that i mean who ever get the higher points difference get the tie map on their servers ). There is a looser bracket also. In case you fail a BO1.
German time is CET.
Exactly

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 05:53:05 AM »
Also it's called the international, so I expect even servers as it is international. How will the servers be determined when its NA vs EU? What NA servers will be used
Sry I forgot to mention that.In bo1 it will be randomly decided, in bo3 as always 1 eu 1 na. Also thanks to hTml and Davew for the servers!

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 05:57:28 AM »
what the fck is german and NA time, there's more than 1 timezone in NA. What time is it in EST/PST.......
It's at 10 am forum time to make it simple. Im not very familiar with these time zones

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »
It's at 10 am forum time to make it simple. Im not very familiar with these time zones
i dont know if its true, but i saw a post from prozajik in past where he said forum time is different for everyone

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »
i dont know if its true, but i saw a post from prozajik in past where he said forum time is different for everyone
Not sure if it was me, but this was an issue before. In some past tourney, nobody thought that going by forum time is a problem up until it was too late. I think the default forum time is GMT +0, but you can definitely change it.

GMT +X means that you add X hours to the GMT +0 time to get 'correct' time estimate.
GMT +0 is Greenwich London (more: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Standard_World_Time_Zones.png)
Also, most of the timezones have a name, for example CET - Central European Time = GMT +1
So if we have 12:00 in Czech republic (which is in GMT +1) then the GMT +0 time is 11:00

It gets kind of complicated when you have to take summer time into account, but w/e. You can basically just pick a timezone and say that the tourney is going to be in that timezone (preferably probably your local timezone, since then you get an idea of when it is gonna be). If you want, I could then just 'calculate' the other timezones.

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
. If you want, I could then just 'calculate' the other timezones.
pls xD

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
pls xD
Well first you would need to specify an actual timezone, I have no idea what your forum time is (I changed mine, so not sure which is default). Or just tell me what country are you from and I can just give you other country's timezones conversion like CET, PST etc.

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »
Well first you would need to specify an actual timezone, I have no idea what your forum time is (I changed mine, so not sure which is default). Or just tell me what country are you from and I can just give you other country's timezones conversion like CET, PST etc.
Mine is default as I didn't change it. I'm from Germany so it's GMT+1 i guess

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
Mine is default as I didn't change it. I'm from Germany so it's GMT+1 i guess
Yes, Germany is GMT +1. So if you would want tourney to start 10 am your time, it would be as follows:
GMT +1 (CET): 17:00
GMT +0 (GMT - apparently this is what is used):16:00
GMT -5 (EDT): 11:00
GMT -6 (CST): 10:00
GMT -8 (PST): 8:00

For people from different timezones, feel free to check it here: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:39:52 PM by prozajik »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 05:23:52 PM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »
So, it'd be 11am for most of the NA players cause EDT are only relevant people

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
I'm on VACation now, and will be back at January 8th 06. So I have time only after that date.

Since squeeze wont be there for the tournament, Rockitude will replace him.

kKd, You can add Rockitude to our roster.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 11:05:59 AM »
Just a heads up, it's like a 50/50 whether we actually show up or not. Between peoples work and social lives, we're unsure who can actually show.