Author Topic: Please need an statement on this..  (Read 2382 times)

Extrawelt

• Stingray
Please need an statement on this..
« on: January 13, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »
Look at 10 minutes. I catched a nade from fyrk.
Map: Airtime
Time: 10 Minutes.

How this can be possible?...      it twisted in my face LMFAO.. Magician?

http://banterous.co.uk/demo/1234

10 Minutes.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
Re: Please need an statement on this..
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
It's b41, nades are useful like smokes atm. I can throw nade to face of player and it will kill him one time out of 6.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
Paint grenades have always fired out a bunch of projectiles in random directions.  There are some rare cases where a grenade could go off near somebody and not hit.  A direct hit should always cause an elimination, though.  I don't believe the paint grenade logic changed at all in b41.

Unfortunately, this is a really old topic that I missed and the demo is gone.  If anybody can reproduce behavior where a point blank grenade fails, please post a new demo.  There were issues in the distant past where if you stood directly on a grenade, it wouldn't hit you (because the paint started inside of you and caused it to be ignored), but that should be fixed.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 06:04:57 PM »
http://banterous.de/demo/1234

The website just changed of domain.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 04:58:00 AM »
I have even better nade shait LOL, happend to me on daylight as well just the nade popped out on ice and killed me in my frontdoor. Or I was crouching, not moving and someone threw a nade right below me. I was literally sitting on nade, it blew up and nothing happend. I think you can deal more consistent damage with smokes than nades nowadays.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 05:45:25 AM »
Ok, I watched the demo, and I'm not sure how that would happen.  I double checked the code and, on contact with anything that takes damage the grenade will:

a) Act like a direct paintball hit, so it's impossible for it to randomly miss.
b) Immediately explode.

What happened in the demo is double-strange, since the grenade bounces on you and not only doesn't eliminate you, but it also doesn't explode.  Only explanations I can think of are.

1) You were playing on a server with a really old version (last grenade change was in game version 1.924, some time in 2009).
2) The server somehow got into a corrupted state -- like the grenade entity somehow was not considered a grenade anymore, or your player entity wasn't considered able to take damage.

Would be really interested if there was a way to consistently reproduce this.