Author Topic: FINAL: Fallen Ruins - by Open//War - powered by mapFX (old version of mapFX)  (Read 10931 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
I made this map a while ago, didn't release it or even let you know and still don't know why.

This map features a pretty basic layout somewhat similar to Airtime but different in a lot of ways. From a gameplay standpoint it feels and plays completly different than other similar approaches.
The connector works very well as a fast route between flags if you practiced the jumps enough.

In first place the supports seem to be in the way all the time but are in fact keyelement to the gameplay and still allow for a high fluidity in movement if the player is experienced enough.

To be clear about that: The map uses my old mapFX_v1 textures that or not working like my new mapFX, applying effects to the default (existing) textures, but rather having separate textures with effects.
For 100% fairness you need those textures to be able to see through the glass properly.

This map is a final release and can be moved into the "Completed Maps" section. Considering that the .map BSPfiles don't exist anymore, there would be no chance in even making little changes and other version.

Note: There is a little graphical glitch on the planks outside the connector that i couldn't fix, keeping in mind that i wanted the nails on the bottom to "hold the planks".
This map is over 14 months old, just to let you know.

Have fun!

ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://frac.vengeful-squad.de/Public/ruins_fx.bsp
http://frac.vengeful-squad.de/Public/old_mapfx_v1.zip
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:13:23 PM by promarijan »

TheRealUMaster

• PGP
Wow this is a very nice map.

kKd

• Stingray
gj mate!

promarijan

• VM-68
Well i would say thanks to all my friends that helped me out with playtesting this map. Because we tested this map a lot!
Really appreciate your lovely comments!

flamer

• 68 Carbine
That is a very nice map. Well done !

prozajik

• Autococker
Any alternative link? For some reason I get Connection reset when trying to download .bsp.

Minerva

• Stingray
Any alternative link? For some reason I get Connection reset when trying to download .bsp.
Yea same here

Flak3

• PGP
Very Good Map!

;)

promarijan

• VM-68
Oh well that's unfortunate.

Here you go:
http://frac.vengeful-squad.de/Public/ruins_fx.bsp
http://frac.vengeful-squad.de/Public/old_mapfx_v1.zip

Additional links also in the mainpost.

EDIT: I am also seeing that only a few ppl downloaded the somewhat necessary textures in order to have no disadvantage.
Final information: for no disadvantage you need the textures! These are not overwriting anything, just separate textures. You can see all files in the Zip-archive for yourself to make sure it is just the additional textures and the texture"script". No other files may be included, just to be clear about that!

JeongWa

• Autococker
I can see on most of yours maps that you are dedicating time to it. Your maps are looking great.

Have you ever considered sending versions to active players so they can test it and give feedback ? I think if you could reach a good harmony between good looking and smooth maps, all of your maps would be top-notch.

Also, your links are dead, i cannot download your .bsp and test the map.

If you could update that so i can take a  look on it.

JeongWa

• Autococker
Thank you Terrorist ;)

Few textures that refused to load somehow :

Overal a great looking map once again. I can see it being played for 2vs2. Awesome work !

This map has two negative points tho:

- Your BD & bases feels unfinished, BD is a long & straight corridor that for sure would require a change imo.

- Nothing really prevent anyone from sitting on the flag since you can see everything from the following position:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:42:09 PM by JeongWa »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Load the map at our match server, i've uploaded everything.

JeongWa

• Autococker
Thanks again.

edit:

Just noticed that sentence :

" Considering that the .map BSPfiles don't exist anymore, there would be no chance in even making little changes and other version. "

Too bad i think this map needed minor changes to be perfect.

After playing it, you notice that the gameplay and the layouts is really equivalent to airtime.

This map really is an HD version of airtime in 2016.

Still a great looking map tho ! Ima gona use it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:45:14 PM by JeongWa »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Might have to give this one a go next social Saturday.  Since this actually has the required files set, maybe people will finally get the script files for the sk models and stop complaining about the non-alpha'd grass. :D

Put it in rotation on the EV1 server.