Author Topic: No botcmd or botcommand terminal commands anymore?  (Read 6508 times)

brucem

• PGP
No botcmd or botcommand terminal commands anymore?
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:16:08 AM »
Hi there - just installed Build41 on 3 windows pc's - great fun with my kids - I want to control bots - add, remove and most importantly assign teams - but sv botcmd and sv botcommand both say "server command not found"

Any documentation or commands I could look at?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: No botcmd or botcommand terminal commands anymore?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:37:18 AM »
Build 41 got a new Bot AI. The old commands dont work right now.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:39:46 AM »
addbot <name> - adds a bot, name is optional
removebot <name> - remove a bot given a name
removeallbots - removes all bots

To change the teams of a bot, type 'players' to get their ID number, then 'forcejoin <id> <team>' where team can be the colour or its first letter, ie r for red, b for blue, p for purple, etc.  If you're currently playing a round you wont see any notification that the bots change team until the round ends or they die.  You'll also need to disable auto balance if you're throwing the teams out of whack.

Cvar settings:
g_autobalance 0 - disabled
g_autobalance 1 - autobalance enabled.  Players will be autoswitched when player counts are unbalanced by more than 1.
g_autobalance 2 - autobalance enabled, team switching to a team with the same number or more players disallowed.

So to disable it, 'cvar_set g_autobalance 0'.

Build 41 got a new Bot AI. The old commands dont work right now.
The ones above are working for me and I'm using 41.

This is also out of date, but more complete than anything else I know of (eg it won't have autobalanace, as its a newer feature).
https://web.archive.org/web/20090612040933/http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/commands

brucem

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 03:59:21 AM »
Thanks so much - is there a way to set the skill level of the bots, or add different types of bots?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 05:40:31 AM »
No worries.

Not that I'm aware of - the new bots as ic3y said were implemented in the latest release, and are still in development.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=26523.0

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 06:29:37 AM »
The ones above are working for me and I'm using 41.
Mixed it up. For sure, add, remove and forcejoin will work. But I thought about commands like "botcommand all join red", "botcommand all say HELLO" and that stuff.

brucem

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:06:38 AM »
Thanks, all worked. Is there some way to make shortcuts or something that automatically runs whenever a new map is started? I always want the 3 human players in my game to be on the same team, and all bots we add to be on the opposing team.

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 11:09:23 PM »
Forcejoin playernumber r/b/y/p

brucem

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:16:17 AM »
Forcejoin playernumber r/b/y/p

Great - one more thing: once I've run forcejoin, it only changes the players on the next round - how do I kill off everyone, or force the start of a new round?

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the fastest way, but you could go observer (if you are alive, you get yourself killed with a paintgren) and start to chase the bots with "p". Then you spam "viewgib" in the console until a team is dead and a new round starts.

brucem

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 05:42:53 AM »
Thanks. I learned about "exec play.cfg" where I can put a series of console commands in a file. But can't get it working just right. Can anyone suggest what series of commands would end with the 3 human players being on the same team, and 3 bots being on the other team?

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:19 AM »
You could solve it with an alias in your config.cfg.

This would add 3 bots and make them join the blue team (g_autobalance has to be 0):

Code: [Select]
bind X botgame;
alias botgame "addbot; addbot; addbot; forcejoin 7 b; forcejoin 6 b; forcejoin 5 b"

I think the best solution for your problem would be a menu to add and control bots. I'm sure someone wrote a menu like this already.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:19 AM »
1. type in "cvar_set g_autobalance 0 in console.  2. spam "addbot" into your console until you have the number of bots you want.  3. type  "forcejoin all r,b,y,p" into the console. once every bot and player is forced to that color, you and your friends type " join r,y,p,b" into the console to sswitch teams. 4. have fun playin bots.   P.s: the current bots (DPBots) are way more advanced than the previous bots(ACEbots). If you prefer acebots, i recommend downloading build 40 again, which can be found at supermanspub.com/downloads. Also, many server commands, bot commands, etc can be found in the documentation link on this site.