Author Topic: New map - The R - [KOTH + Siege incoming]  (Read 4050 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
New map - The R - [KOTH + Siege incoming]
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
It's Beta 3 now, it has some ugly lightning, i will fix it soon.

Download:
the_r_b3.bsp

Previous beta versions:
the_r_b2.bsp
the_r_b1.bsp

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:00:29 AM by mRokita »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: New map - The R - [KOTH + Siege incoming]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »
Moved to "Beta / In-Progress Maps".

Please post new maps here :)

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
Moved to "Beta / In-Progress Maps".

Please post new maps here :)
Oh, you're right, i'm sorry. haven't been around for a while :D
Any feedback on the map? :)
(i know that there are some texturing/lightning issues, so focus on other parts please ;) )

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »
It seems like there's an awful lot going on, and most of it isn't really relevant to the objective.  It's nice that you're experimenting with a lot of things, but I don't imagine the gameplay will be that fun.  I've uploaded it to the beta server.  Do you have the login for that?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »
I opened the map, immeadiately walked over, fell in a leak.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 11:37:23 PM »
I opened the map, immeadiately walked over, fell in a leak.
The train had to hit you, it's a known bug, im gonna add some trigger_hurt to the rails.
It seems like there's an awful lot going on, and most of it isn't really relevant to the objective.  It's nice that you're experimenting with a lot of things, but I don't imagine the gameplay will be that fun.  I've uploaded it to the beta server.  Do you have the login for that?
Yes, this map is an experiment, there was no map like this one.
I do have my own KOTH server so i don't need a login I thik, thank you :) The gameplay is pretty fun, people like it - i was able to play it on my server the last few days. It plays best when its 4v4 or more.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 05:59:27 AM »
Played it on the "mostly koth" server it was quite fun but I couldnt find the hill until about 4 mins in (its hidden in a high up tower) and multiple players were complaining about being above the map. The train is only to the blue spawn? Why not both red spawn and blue spawn?
It's also too big I think, and mid is hard to navigate because you get trapped in by big metal structures.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:13:44 AM »
Played it on the "mostly koth" server it was quite fun but I couldnt find the hill until about 4 mins in (its hidden in a high up tower)
Hill will be moved to somewhere else in b4 :)

multiple players were complaining about being above the map.
That was because the train can hit a player and throw him outside the map. Will be fixed.

It's also too big I think, and mid is hard to navigate because you get trapped in by big metal structures.
I'm not going to make it smaller, i'll try to make mid more simple though.

The train is only to the blue spawn? Why not both red spawn and blue spawn?
Nice idea :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »
OK, I take back what I said about too much stuff going on.  We played this map for this weekend's Social Saturday event and people seemed to think it was pretty fun.  KOTH actually works pretty well for a map with lots of random stuff going on, since you can wander around and explore if your team controls the point.  Maybe go all out with the flying ships and such so they're a more viable means of transportation.  Like have a few of them on a cycle so you don't have to wait so long to get on.  Could be fun to have transports directly to the hill as well.

Light textures could use some alignment, and the flat, rock walls could use some variation to make it more interesting visually, but this seems like a good fun, casual map.  Did take a while to find the hill, though.