Author Topic: [Bug] Observers' names disappearing on map change  (Read 3064 times)

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
[Bug] Observers' names disappearing on map change
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
Sometimes, when a player is observing and the server changes the map (time limit reached or by the newmap command), the observers' names will not be shown in the scoreboard after the map change. The players can talk, but their name will not be shown in the console if they do so. Entering "players" in the console will show the correct names though. It can be fixed by joining a team. As soon as that happens, everything works as usual. As far as I know, this started happening in server version b41. It happens to clients with b40 and b41, so that doesn't seem to matter.

I'll attach an example screen shot.

ravo

• PGP
Re: [Bug] Observers' names disappearing on map change
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 03:15:49 AM »
Cant it be fixed to by a new map loading again? Bc I saw some obs players that first had no name and then when a new map loaded they all had 1. They could have fixed it in a dif way but it where 3 players so its not rly likely.

Kynio

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »
Nah it does not work ... Sometimes an administrator puts the player in a team then obs to reset the name :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »
I thought I had this in the list already, but I guess not.  I've added it to the feature vote thing for tracking.  http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10314