Author Topic: Paintball 2 crashes  (Read 3548 times)

lukip

• VM-68
Paintball 2 crashes
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »
first of all,
the topic title sounded very typical for "help and support section" to me, so of course i used the "search" function, i checked more than 10 topics and couldnt find anything helpful. forgive me if i missed something while looking through forums.

the problem:

i start paintball2 -> it crashes, sometimes it insta crashes while starting, when i get really far it crashes while loading the first map.
it just says "paintball2 isnt working anymore" and closes itself.

it started happening when i had a power failure/power cut (not sure about the correct expression in english) in my house due to a storm.
my pc shut down, i turned it on again and the problem was there.

what i tried so far:

- restarted computer
- uninstalled PCDP mod
- turned of windows firewall (btw im using win10, 64bit) and antivirus (kaspersky in my case)
- checked drivers and windows updates
- reinstalled paintball2 (b41 beta version!)

that didnt work so i downloaded and installed the paintball2 b41 full version, the problem is still there (also tried it with turned off firewall and antivirus).
it also doesnt eat up the cpu or something, i opened task manager on my 2nd screen to check, there wasnt anything suspicious.

EDIT: what i also tried was to copy the uninstalled paintball2.exe into a folder, and extract it to just start it without installing, guess what, same result.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Paintball 2 crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
You removed the old folder after uninstalling paintball 2 ?

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:30:55 AM »
You removed the old folder after uninstalling paintball 2 ?

the paintball2 folder in C:/Games? fck i forgot about that, so now i uninstalled it, moved folder to desktop (just to save files i may need from it) and installed it again, it still crashes.
its running on the basic setting now, just like when you download the game for the first time, no mods, no new huds, no different textures, nothing changed

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 04:51:06 PM »
Reinstall windows, its the easiest solution on that crappy os :p

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:09:36 PM »
it works!
ive no idea why, but suddenly it works without crashing, i didnt change anything, it just solved itself ^^

Reinstall windows, its the easiest solution on that crappy os :p
i have to do that anyways, since i have a virus i cant get rid off. but im just to lazy rn