Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 4001 times)

P!nk

• Autococker
Pokemon GO
« on: July 15, 2016, 08:55:43 PM »
How many of you guys are playing this? Just curious. I like that it seems to be bringing people of all ages together and serving as a good ol' icebreaker.

I tried to download it but it doesn't work on my smartphone...apparently it's not very smart. :(

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Pokemon GO
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:11:57 AM »
Still waiting for it to officially release in France so i can download it.
Even tho it's not officially released for now, i've seen alot of people playing it already in France, i like the concept and im waiting for my Alakazam.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:47 AM »
Walked into the sea with my phone (not while playing pokemon GO) so I can't play it until i get a new phone

Kynio

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:46 AM »
Well, another French!
As he said, the game is still not out here ... But many people are already playing. It's fun to see people walk and stop at each PokeStop. :)
For me , I already played, even if the servers are not developed. And some news would be well, waiting to see what it will become. :)

Edit : I've a jailbroken IOS, and the game doesn't work until i download a tweak

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:55:04 AM »
I play it and most of my friends here in Germany do too. The younger people who didn't grow up with the Pokémon games aren't interested in Pokémon Go, but that might change.
Around my living area appear just a few Pokémon and we have only one PokéStop, but we sometimes gather a group of friends and drive to the inner city of Cologne and try to catch 'em all :). We always had a fun time and met many other Pokémon trainers.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
I play munzee, that's enough for me.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 12:59:37 AM »
 I think this is an important matter so I logged in to express my opinion.
I haven't seen anything so stupid as this game. It disgusts me that youtube is full of pokemon videos, I've never watched those videos, why do you keep recommending them to me.
Hey, but that's just me.
Unfortunately the game has spread to my little country as well. As long as kids play that, I'm cool with that. Kids should be having fun and whatever is fun for them, let them have it. But god darn, I've seen grown ups at park playing it. Plus every second one of the grown ups throws their phone, not uses their finger and that apparently is hilarious. I'm meddling furiously mad at the moment.
It might be a good ice breaker, but I don't see how another app which keeps you distracted from an actual conversation is good for a group of people.
So, in conclusion, let the kids play it. Grown ups, please keep your cellular devices at your pocket and talk with people.

PS, I actually logged in to ask where are the people? irc is no longer used? Wanted to have a little game yesterday, but I saw noone in irc. You guys use skype or some ts server now?

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 02:36:59 AM »
PS, I actually logged in to ask where are the people? irc is no longer used? Wanted to have a little game yesterday, but I saw noone in irc. You guys use skype or some ts server now?
There is a skype group with 64 people in that I can add you to. Most match making is done through this group at the minute.
Skype is not ideal, and is actually pretty bad compared to IRC so JMR recently made a discord server which is basically IRC and TS3 combined, I strongly recommend you join http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28347.msg256990#new

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:02:13 PM »
pokevision

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 02:41:21 PM »
Even tho it's not officially released for now, i've seen alot of people playing it already in France

Whatt, you should take their phones, those rebels!

I play munzee, that's enough for me.

What's that? O__O

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
What's that? O__O

http://playmunzee.com

You need to find and scan qr codes like this one: