Author Topic: New DP Gamemode - MANHUNT - Feedback thread  (Read 4679 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
New DP Gamemode - MANHUNT - Feedback thread
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
Hey,

I am working on a new gamemode - MANHUNT. (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28350.msg257000#new)

You will see the manhunt testing server online every now and then.

This thread is reserved for feedback on this gamemode.

Please post all feedback here, instead of in-game.

Thank you.

List of planned additions:

- New map(s)
 - Online leaderboard - Website where you can see how many times you've survived and won as hunter.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:21:57 AM by JMR »

Malware

• VM-68
Re: New DP Gamemode - MANHUNT - Feedback thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »
Finally something new in this game. Can this be played on normal maps like London or New York by baseballdude? The current map nice but too big and too open at the same time, which causes low fps (I had 30 fps, was really annoying). If you are working on more new maps for this mod, maybe something dark with fog might work?

Also, here are some ideas I proposed couple of years ago that might inspire you :P
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22039.0

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
Finally something new in this game. Can this be played on normal maps like London or New York by baseballdude? The current map nice but too big and too open at the same time, which causes low fps (I had 30 fps, was really annoying). If you are working on more new maps for this mod, maybe something dark with fog might work?

Yes, the code isn't dependant on the map being played. However, I would probably need to use .ent files to change the spawns so the maps are more suitable for it. Good idea! I will have to test it some time!

The current map is just more of a prototype. I will be remaking it for sure. It will still be large, but I'll ensure to add more tunnels and such so it's not so open.

Also, here are some ideas I proposed couple of years ago that might inspire you :P
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22039.0

That's awesome! You have already practically come up with almost the same idea five years ago. Definitely a good sign that there is demand for a gamemode like this. Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:19:07 PM by JMR »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »
May you please post a sample .map so I know how to manipulate the entities to get it to work for this gamemode? I'm interested in seeing if new_york could be made into a good manhunt map. Also, what's the password to the manhunt server?

Edit: I would have to physically edit the NY map because of this glitch: https://youtu.be/t51U0pfPQ9A
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:04:58 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »
May you please post a sample .map so I know how to manipulate the entities to get it to work for this gamemode? I'm interested in seeing if new_york could be made into a good manhunt map. Also, what's the password to the manhunt server?

Edit: I would have to physically edit the NY map because of this glitch: https://youtu.be/t51U0pfPQ9A

There are no "special" entities required. Follow the guide here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28350.msg257000#new

However, I don't think flipped maps will be that fun to play on in this gamemode.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
Only had 15 mins or so to play, firstly i reckon the bigger the group on it, the more fun it will be.  Secondly just something I noticed, first hunter disconnected at the start of a round and someone had to eliminate themselves and switch team to become a hunter as there were no others.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 08:58:49 AM »
Only had 15 mins or so to play, firstly i reckon the bigger the group on it, the more fun it will be.  Secondly just something I noticed, first hunter disconnected at the start of a round and someone had to eliminate themselves and switch team to become a hunter as there were no others.

Do you remember if the hunter overflow or timeout? I have discovered that the disconnect data doesn't always send through if the user times out or overflows. I need to listen for the overflows and timeouts separately.

Added to the list of known bugs, thanks.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 04:28:26 PM »
Do you remember if the hunter overflow or timeout? I have discovered that the disconnect data doesn't always send through if the user times out or overflows. I need to listen for the overflows and timeouts separately.

Added to the list of known bugs, thanks.
It wasn't either, was just a disconnect to head to another server.  Was around 10-11am AEST yesterday if you wanted to check the logs, so 0-1UTC.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »
Going to continue work on this.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
good news, it was fun

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 07:52:03 PM »
need a manhunt maplist, that'd be cool if we got atleast 3 maps.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 06:22:51 AM »
Recoded this from the ground up! There were far too many weird bugs in the old code. It should be working smoothly now. Let me know if anything breaks. Have fun!

Server online @ 51.68.199.172:44444