Author Topic: MANHUNT Map Creation  (Read 1781 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
MANHUNT Map Creation
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:10:22 PM »
Greetings.

I am working on a new gamemode called MANHUNT.

hate_you_guys and Ace came to me and asked me if I would like assistance with making new maps for the gamemode, so I thought it would be best to get some solid guidelines together:

If you would like to create a map for the gamemode, please follow these guidelines:

Firstly, just a bit of general information about how the gamemode works:
 - The lobby waits for at least 3 players to be in the game
 - A random hunter is chosen - This is the "ORIGINAL hunter"
 - The random hunter is moved to red (hunters)
 - All others players are moved to blue (survivors)
 - If a hunter kills a survivor with a paint grenade or PGP, the survivor will become a hunter (red team)
 - Hunters cannot kill with guns, if a hunter managed to get hold of a gun (non-PGP) and shoots a survivor with it, a message is displayed warning that player and the survivor remains on the blue team.
 - If all survivors become hunters before the time runs out, the ORIGINAL hunter wins.
 - The remaining survivors left if the time runs out, are the winners.

Definitions:
 - "Road" / "Exposed area / route" - An exposed route of the map which leads you to all the different locations. Using this route, you should be able to reach all key points of interest. It must be wide enough to fit at least around 12 players side by side.
 - "Buildings / Points of interest" - These are enclosed or partly enclosed locations on the map which players will find many hiding spots inside.
 - "Hiding spots" - These are objects or enclosed areas which require the player to run close to, or reach, in order to see the player.

LAYOUT AND THEME:
 - Map must contain a decent amount of buildings, so please make sure the theme is suitable for that.
 - The map must be LARGE, but not too open. Have rock wall around areas and join the areas with tunnels to prevent loading in too many polygons at once.
 - Plenty of hiding spots. -- Make sure the map contains all sorts of different objects to hide behind, or in.
 - No "Secret" hiding spots. -- No brushes that you can walk through UNLESS it makes sense realistically that you should be able to go through it - ( For instance, a waterfall )
 - OPEN ROAD -- This is key to the gamemode. Make sure that the map has a consistent ROAD route going around it, as this will contain the spawns and equipment, where players expose themselves.
 - Please make sure all points of interest have multiple access points, so that players are encouraged to team up to defend these buildings.

CONCEPTS (Please pick a concept from one of these. Feel free to re-use the same concept. It would be good to have a variety of different cities, towns, mines and industrial sites):
 - City ( Grid-like structure to wide road layout )
 - Abandoned mine (with a wide train track that goes around the map)
 - Town/City under construction  (with a completed constructed wide road that goes around the map)
 - Apocalyptic abandoned town  (with a wide cracked road that goes around the map)
 - School / University  ( With wide corridor system where players expose them self to get equipment )

You can come up with a new concept, as long as it suitable towards the rest of the guidelines. (Large, wide & long exposed route, along with buildings and hiding spots)

GENERAL:
 - Hunters should always be red
 - Survivors should always be blue.
 - Gamemode is ALWAYS TDM.
 - Please make sure you have a sun.

PLAYER SPAWNS:
 - All player spawns should be in open, exposed areas.
 - Spawns should be in separate areas for both teams
 - HUNTERS must not spawn with any weapon, however, they should spawn with a chrome barrel and 200 ammo.
 - Survivors should spawn with a autococker and a brass barrel, along with 40 ammo

EQUIPMENT SPAWNS:
 - Ammo, nades and other equipment should only spawn in exposed, open areas. This forces players who camp to leave their spot once they exhaust their resources.
    - Exception: "Armoury" buildings are acceptable, as long as they are difficult to camp inside.
 - Have a variety of chrome barrel spawns (at least 6) in exposed locations that survivors can pick up to replace their brass one.
 - Have at least 8 large ammo spawns in exposed areas.
 - Have at least 6 co2 spawns in exposed areas

If you have any questions, please contact me on the DP Discord server: https://discord.gg/nExEMuM
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 08:38:05 PM by JMR »