Author Topic: Old players vs young, First team-fights after years  (Read 15215 times)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
Re: Old players vs young, First team-fights after years
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 03:34:02 AM »
Obviously I'm a purely new gen player but i would put my bet on 2010-2013 to contain some of the best players. At this point most had been around for years and there were 2 seemingly very dominant clans around each side of the pond. Did this era of players ever play vs er33t? any demos?

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 04:00:37 AM »
What era is considered old? Because my generation would get smashed vs shk/myers/chems gen.
The game changed so much since when i started... before it was all one flag maps with two paths. Now its turned into jump mod, I give the edge to the new guys.
That sounds little bit subservient.. On the other hand I think many players dont have patience anymore for straight confrontation, so they run with flags and they often win.. But its no longer fun as it used to be :)

Getek

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
New players are so fckin naive. Skill of the players didnt changed since 2008. I would say, that skill is much lower now, because there isnt activity for last 5 years. Only thing that changed are new maps (different trend), because every kid can make one. There was a tonne of skilled players back then, you just dont know them, because they werent active on forum. Dont be naive. In 2007 you had to wait even for public servers, because it was full most of the time. Dont idealize your heroes...

This is from 2011, I came back after my another 2 years  break … I was really bad  :).  MLG and SHK was already „ the best clan and player “ in DP.

http://img.webme.com/pic/e/exii-klan/sshot0043.jpg

This jumps are from 2007 (probably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E2Ql7CTkI

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 06:11:57 PM »
shk was/is the best but MLG wasn't the best team at that point..... Atleast for NA

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
Shk has definitely the most fans in this thread, but who the fck is it? :D

Minerva

• Stingray

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »
New players are so fckin naive. Skill of the players didnt changed since 2008. I would say, that skill is much lower now, because there isnt activity for last 5 years. Only thing that changed are new maps (different trend), because every kid can make one. There was a tonne of skilled players back then, you just dont know them, because they werent active on forum. Dont be naive. In 2007 you had to wait even for public servers, because it was full most of the time. Dont idealize your heroes...

This is from 2011, I came back after my another 2 years  break … I was really bad  :).  MLG and SHK was already „ the best clan and player “ in DP.

http://img.webme.com/pic/e/exii-klan/sshot0043.jpg

This jumps are from 2007 (probably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E2Ql7CTkI

Right, okay, so well done you posted 1 piece of evidence of you beating these players on rome. I actally asked for demos, I wonder if you have any?
I bet the individual skill of the players hasn't changed since 2008, for sure prozajik is an amazing player, been playing since "september 2008". What I am saying is that the teamwork of clans has gotten much much better over time as that is what takes time to develop. Synergy takes time. I bet you that vT (which presumably EVOLVED from exii) could beat that exii roster any day, because fly0ver and proza got better over time.

Synergy improves over time and I will say it again there are 2 or 3 stand out clans that have developed this and I believe this teamwork peaked in 2010-2013 era.
Please send demos I would love to watch them rather than look at a screenshot from rome that may well be an outlier.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
actually i take that back.... We haven't had a lan event so we don't even know who's the best overall. 

@mission - too bad comms weren't saved, really shows how a team in this game works together.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:12:18 PM by CheMiCal »

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 01:59:07 AM »
Right, okay, so well done you posted 1 piece of evidence of you beating these players on rome. I actally asked for demos, I wonder if you have any?
I bet the individual skill of the players hasn't changed since 2008, for sure prozajik is an amazing player, been playing since "september 2008". What I am saying is that the teamwork of clans has gotten much much better over time as that is what takes time to develop. Synergy takes time. I bet you that vT (which presumably EVOLVED from exii) could beat that exii roster any day, because fly0ver and proza got better over time.

Synergy improves over time and I will say it again there are 2 or 3 stand out clans that have developed this and I believe this teamwork peaked in 2010-2013 era.
Please send demos I would love to watch them rather than look at a screenshot from rome that may well be an outlier.

Demos wont say you any valid information. Most players anyway show only demos on which they are proud of (same with screens), they wont show you their failures. And you are building somewhat distorted picture about reality. The main thing what Getek was trying to say is that dont be naive and dont idealize your heroes... Prozajik is of course amazing player but he started playing when the best era of exii already ended month ago and we did retreat from serious PB match scene :) ... Therefore is irrelevant any comparison. There were lot of excellent teams, vT (which didnt evolve from exii) is good but not as special as you think so ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:23:32 AM by Ranger »

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 02:03:54 AM »
typing error

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 12:42:29 PM »
#vT#o.O > all

Getek

• PGP
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 07:47:10 PM »
I have checked my old files with demos, because I would like to show you, that there isnt that huge gap between old and new generation.  Unfortunately I dont have demos from my „serious gaming“ in 2008 when I founded clan Exii with Ranger and DD9, but I have found demo from 2011 against MLG (screenshot match).  U will see showroom of bad jumping and aiming (lining), because I wasnt in game for 2 years and we played on american server, but I think it will be obvious , that game hasnt changed since old days in 2008. You probably saw some demos from skilled guys, who was in game few years/months ago and you think, that they are awesome, but there was  tonne of skilled players, you just dont know them :).  Guys u know, are just latest players and they can play latest maps. BTW vT didnt evolve from Exii. In 2011 was already most of the community inactive, so I asked last skilled czech active players flyover and proza to be my mates.  We were in game for 3 days :D (8 matches).

Demo link:
http://banterous.co.uk/demo/1453
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:11:04 PM by Getek »

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 03:28:55 AM »
You probably saw some demos from skilled guys, who was in game few years/months ago and you think, that they are awesome, but there was  tonne of skilled players, you just dont know them :)

Here since 2003/04, there wasnt a single one that you could compare to #vT and #o.O.

Edit: and that is simply fact.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »
Here since 2003/04, there wasnt a single one that you could compare to #vT and #o.O.

Edit: and that is simply fact.

:D so you were 8 years inactive if its true, because we never saw you before 2011 :D And in that case you can barely know what was or wasnt there

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 04:54:00 AM »
:D so you were 8 years inactive if its true, because we never saw you before 2011 :D And in that case you can barely know what was or wasnt there

if you would only know my lovely friend :)

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 05:17:31 AM »
if you would only know my lovely friend :)

Pfff :) One thing never changed, everybody considered his team as the best

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 07:55:10 AM »
I have to agree with ranger, either you were not around before 2010, either you are just really ignorant / or a boot-licker.

There was way more teams, which means way more challenge and better players.

Concerning how dp evolved since this time, i don't agree with you getek.

The game has changed, the jumping has changed, in before, you would slide on anything that is a slope so you couldnt control your movements once you were on a slope, which means you had to be on the right angle with the good amount of speed before jumping. Also the aiming was more easier since the bullet speed was a bit faster and was going further.

So the jumping was harder but the aiming was easier, which is why nowadays people are better jumpers than aimers.

About the matching scene, i would say that NA was better back then, only few EUROPEAN teams made it to the top.

Overall, European teams were split between countries pretty much (there was this team, this team and this team only made up with czech players, same for germany and france) It was really " country focalized " for obvious reasons. Only few teams were internationals.

The game had so much era, that you can't really do a comparison and claim that one team would shrekt the others because thats wrong ( the game had few mechanic changes ) and there was multiple teams dominating on each era.

I was around when exii had a good era, and was actually a top tier team ( if i remember correctly i was in exii in 2008/2009) (i've been to alot of teams #clanhopper), but keep in mind that the wheel/era keep on changing years after years.

Anyways, had fun times on this game ;p

Getek

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »
Concerning how dp evolved since this time, i don't agree with you getek.

The game has changed, the jumping has changed, in before, you would slide on anything that is a slope so you couldnt control your movements once you were on a slope, which means you had to be on the right angle with the good amount of speed before jumping. Also the aiming was more easier since the bullet speed was a bit faster and was going further.

Mr Paf!  :) How are u man? Yes, you were with us in 2009 when we came back. If I remember well, you were one of the few players with good personality :D, fun to play with you.

By „game hasnt change“  Im not talking about game settings or different map trend, but about skill of the players (level of skill). Im talking about it in my earlier posts :) . That is why I posted older demo, where young players can see, that "old school" players didnt walk around map like an easy target for nowadays players.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 12:02:59 PM »
Im great, making it trough life as everyone and enjoying it :) it's been a long time since i saw your nickname on this game. Reminded me of the old times for a moment.

Was good to play with you too. For those wondering who is Getek, he was a top European player.

Unfortunately, something that made me sad about the game, was that the french community was one of the first that extinguished once the popularity of the game decreased but huh, can't do much about it.

What about you ?

Anyways, as phenix would say: " I was don't know ". (Just a nostalgic way of saying good bye in Europe. )

Getek

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »
Good to hear u are enjoiyng life. I have some troubles now, but thats life :) and I came back to see whats going on here because of that. French community was kind of small, but well known. I think guys from BTF came back in 2011 for some matches . I checked forum and it looks like u were pretty active for the whole time… at least at dplogin forum :D.