Author Topic: The best player so far  (Read 50905 times)

ƿ૯ωძɿ૯ƿɿ૯

• PGP
Re: The best player so far
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2018, 01:52:25 AM »
Not my opinion

ƿ૯ωძɿ૯ƿɿ૯

• PGP
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2018, 01:52:31 AM »
Straight facts.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »
So, Rick, so far i do not understand how you could tell if we are the "best ewa" or not. Since you never ever played to see us in a match, I do not think you could judge if we are better or worse than history players. You did not say that directly, but you obviously mean it.
It's eva m8. How do you know the players back then aren't better than you now?

I'm just thinking logically...
Past
1. More players in the past (amount of posts have declined severely, same with downloads, same with active messaging system (i.e. irc/teampseak/mumble/vent -> discord), same with matches and same with pubs).
2. More downloads in the past (thanks Squeeze).
3. More active clan scene (follows on from (1)).
4. More to overcome to become the best (follows on from (3)).
5. Higher skill level overall as more people trying to the best.

Now
1. Won some tourneys against a barely active clan scene.
2. Less clans = easier to become top team (low skill level).

I can not find your name anywhere mentioned. So why are you arguing in here? You try to act mature, while probably the most mature thing was to just ignore this thread, since it's not directed towards you (anymore).
So, only people that are mentioned in this thread are allowed to have a discussion about who they think is the best? That's silly. You guys just can't seem to understand that this game has a history, a far more active history, where you guys were not around.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2018, 03:50:54 AM »
It's eva m8.
Eva*. My bad.

How do you know the players back then aren't better than you now?
I don't know if we are better. I did't play in that era. But I think we are better. There is probably no proper way to find this out anyways. But the closest one would be to play a match, even though they would be rusty cause of inactivity. Chemical said earlier in this thread "playing DP is like riding a bike", so I think they still would come close to their former skill, after playing a few rounds.

Past
1. More players in the past (amount of posts have declined severely, same with downloads, same with active messaging system (i.e. irc/teampseak/mumble/vent -> discord), same with matches and same with pubs).
2. More downloads in the past (thanks Squeeze).
3. More active clan scene (follows on from (1)).
4. More to overcome to become the best (follows on from (3)).
5. Higher skill level overall as more people trying to the best.

Now
1. Won some tourneys against a barely active clan scene.
2. Less clans = easier to become top team (low skill level).
Most of the players I have seen from the past were not even close to being the best. Some of them couldn't even do basic jumps, leave alone strafing in general. They were no challenge at all. So would have been really easy to overcome them. Of course there are some decent and good ones aswell, but that's still the case in todays era. And so far we didn't struggle at all (3v3 record is at 52-0 now, if we counted 2v2 our record would be overall probably around 100-0 I think). Once again, I just want to find out if we got a feeling of invincibillity from lacking competition or if we are actually da best eva.

So, only people that are mentioned in this thread are allowed to have a discussion about who they think is the best? That's silly. You guys just can't seem to understand that this game has a history, a far more active history, where you guys were not around.
No. People had a discussion about who they think is the best. Everyone was "allowed" to join the discussion, since it was about peoples opinion. Everyone could bring in their experiences and history. Later on we started to call out the mentioned players. At that point the topic of the thread changed. So it then was directed towards the mentioned players. We are calling them out to prove us they are da best eva. And you are none of the mentioned players, so the talking is not directed towards you and everyone else, who is not mentioned, anymore. Which is why I didn't understand the reason for you trying to act mature.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2018, 05:06:38 PM »
Most of the players I have seen from the past were not even close to being the best. Some of them couldn't even do basic jumps, leave alone strafing in general.

but

I did't play in that era.

so you've

... got a feeling of invincibillity from lacking competition ...

not

da best eva

and

... none of the mentioned players, so the talking is not directed towards you and everyone else, who is not mentioned, anymore ...

but

I just want to find out if we got a feeling of invincibillity from lacking competition or if we are actually da best eva.

so

... a discussion about who they think is the best ...

is probably best because

There is probably no proper way to find this out

as

I did't play in that era.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
hahahaha <3 rick +1, where's the upvote/like feature:(

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2018, 08:35:01 PM »
I don't understand this anymore... I hope Zenit and co are just memeing around trying to stir drama, and not genuinely seriously arguing about the best ever in a game that has had no quantitative data to actually confirm who the best is, and comparing now to other eras is just a joke.

You say "people back then couldn't jump!!! you should see us now!!" It's like sports - the game has changed. You know, back 10 years ago, the people who "sucked" also had dial up, ball-mouses, box monitors, and not these mechanical keyboards, 144hz monitors, custom made PC's, etc.etc.. You also realize, people didn't make maps like Prolandr, and whatnot, with the jumps? They never had the opportunity. Hence why often times when I played, old players would come back and play their maps (as they quit due to aging, getting full time jobs and families), and were still good on their maps. Sure, they were worse at jumping - but that was not the game they played. You can't say you're better than them, because it's NOT the same game. They did not play this iteration of DP2. And don't respond with "GAMEZ MORE SKILLED NOW" - because that's besides the point - that does not make you better for playing at a time where the game evolved - it is a different incomparable game.

In regards to who's better - I truly believe, after playing this game over a decade, seeing it change many times, the map pool change many times, and different iterations of teams come and go, that Shockwave is the best player to play this game in all aspects. The only thing he was missing was a brain, unfortunately really. I would argue Olbaid, Jeongwa, Fitz and a few others were some of the better movement wise (this is not jumping skill, this is purely movement in a real "match"). Bix, dd9 were some of the best aim. Priceless and Skyline were the best at Soccer. And Cusoman was the most genuine good person.

Who's the best today? I don't give a excrement lol. I've won some money, won some prizes (headset and a few others), and I had some fun as intercourse matches. I know there was a tournament where Reaver/Dystro/Superman won some pretty good prizes when I was pretty new, were they the best players? They were good, but probably not on anyones #1 list, but hey, they won prizes worth more than most of the players ever won. So, I'd argue they the real mvp's. I rather be bad and win valuable prizes, then "be the best" and get nothing.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »
Yes! Any 3v3?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
I've contacted a few people, and will be holding a tournament or an inner-team pug day whenever we decide to all accommodate. Shk, Chem, Me, Rick, Luckmore, Picky, Prozajik, Reaver, Capo are all coming for this, and we're hoping to get 15-20 people by the end. It'll be just a weekend thing, none of us plan on coming actively back.

However, due to annoying and toxicity, we will not be allowing the entry of Sqz, Jeongwa, or Zenit.

The ego stuff worked so well first time around, so let's see how exciting you responses to this will be, cause I'm sure if it was the reason we don't care to play against you, more of it will definitely change our mind!

Oh, and Toxic. he will be attending too. I don't know how, but he will somehow end up in that server.

ƿ૯ωძɿ૯ƿɿ૯

• PGP
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2018, 08:26:31 PM »

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2018, 04:01:49 AM »
Thats cool.

Still no teams brave enough to Three versus three ? Waiting on discord.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
Thats cool.

Still no teams brave enough to Three versus three ? Waiting on discord.

As seen by the tournament thread - there's plenty of DP2 players willing to come and play when respectfully contacted in a mature way, by an individual they have respect for. In fact, in a span of 12 hours I've managed to create a list exceeding 25 players. Your trash talk thread of immaturity received none. But yes, the only logical thing to do once you've seen that is to continue the immature self proclaimed ego. That makes the most sense. You're right. So intelligent.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »
You are acting paranoid, MyeRs. I like it. Wanna 3v3? Feel free to pm on discord.
#crowned #youarelookingatthekings

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2018, 05:30:02 PM »
Picky/intercoursemore id say, seeing as it says "so far" I don't think anyone could compete with them right up until they went inactive, that's euro based as I can't really comment on NA since the matches were always one sided due to servers/latency and I played around their scene more near the end up

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2018, 07:34:26 AM »
I Talk Bullshlt.

Talking about stream and why did I donate money to you, because I love you, I love you like my Bltch.

I never said I want to bring back old players, we are the reason players leave this game, because they are tired of loosing or trying hard to get over 10 points mark. So do not mention my name when you talk about reviving playerbase with old folks who can't even strafe properly. You are trying to say, that if I talk big and can actually back it up, people won't come back to the game (I'm not even trying to get them back). If it was on me, I would create 4 tournaments per year with 2k dollars as prize pool split into 3 places and if I decided to talk about how bumlifes they live or how bad they are what kind of bltch their mother is, they would still play these tournaments and even become active in game for that period. There would be tons of new players with good marketing behind it, and even old players that you never heard of, digging outside their graves just to play this tournament. Let's be honest here, everyone wants money and money is the thing that would make this game active, no matter what. Shut ur fookin mouth little Canadian man. You little slap head. What the fook are you trying to hide under that peanut head. When someone takes a possession of yours, when someone takes mans kingdom and say come and get it, and you do fookin nothing, that's the biggest sign of fear I've ever seen. In your tournament thread you are basically avoiding to play us. Only thing I see from your tournament thread is how weak mentally you are. In any book, any video about psychology of a human, you can literally see what you are feared of. The 3 names you mentioned. You are mentally broken and lost this mental warfare. I can smell it from your expressions. They way how you talk that you win something from paintball game, who gives a fook. I just see how you express your bumlife over your prizes you got out of this game. I like you, BUT, I've gotta be real, your legacy is destroyed and it all felt down on your shoulders and you broke mentally. If we ever meet ingame, I'm going to mold you, I'm going to rip you limb by limb.

Don't get me wrong, I'm humble person, I'm always humble in victory or defeat, but this shlt what you are trying to say out of your peanut head, what the fook, get your fookin shlt together.

I just wanna speak to all the paintball puzzies, all the little punk puzzies, supposed experts, you are fookin crazy, if you think this man stand a chance. His ballz are just too small. When you look at me, you see amazing confidence popping out. What myers is trying to say is absolutely embarassing. I wanna smell his puzzy. Stoopid baldy twat. He is a runner, he is paintballs biggest bltch.

Let's get this straight. Your bullshlt is now over. At August 4th, I am gonna sleep this fool, if he ever show up there. Mark my words.

It's all over Myers.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2018, 09:09:13 AM »
Please re-read your posts before posting. Your posts give me a headache trying to understand what you're trying to say.

Can't wait for August 4th! Did not not you were trying to take me on a date. Maybe I can send you more demo's to study at the point. You're far too intimidating for us, you're right. Seriously scared and worried about my "legacy and kingdom" in a game that had 4 people on server browser yesterday.

Don't worry squeeze, I get it. You're not used to being on top. Even if your only competition is Senix, you're "on top" in a 6 person game. And you're excited about that. Winning isn't something that comes naturally to you. So I applaud how far you've come, and keep up this legacy and kingdom you speak of. It's clearly because of fear in a dead game without a ranking system that we made a tournament without you - nothing to do with the fact that everyone finds you immature and annoying. I mean, Jeongwa has always been better than you, and after talking to him yesterday I told him he can play in my tournament. So, it can't be "losing" that's our fear. Unless you're saying you're better than Jeongwa? Or Jeo/Zenit are nothing without you?

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »
The only person who I asked for demos to study in past from your team was shockwave, because he is great NA player, until my confidence skyrocket and got my own play style, it was good shortcut. If I wanted to get my ass mossy by camping or practice shaky aim, I would ask your demos, make no mistake about that, but you had/have nothing to offer me. When I was on your team and played matches on NA server in 3v3 I felt like I was stuck, there was nothing to improve on, because I was basically racing with shk who will get better stats on NA server, meanwhile you sunbathe yourself in our base.

You are right, winning isn't something that naturally comes to me. I believe that everyone is equal and from my side it's pure obsession. Obsession for this game, that's why we hold 300+:3 W/L from past year+ and 54-0 in 3v3's from last 3 months. Jeongwa and Zenit are top players from EU scene, that's why we ended up in same team.

I'm glad you are interested in August 4th and that you will participate so I can take your head clean off.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2018, 02:00:30 PM »
Hmm... I love that I have ALL the logs from many different sources over the years that really contradict a lot of squeezes comments. But since he's far too obsessed with his kingdom (LOOL WHO CALLS BEING GOOD AT A DEAD GAME A KINGDOM LOOL IM DYING) I do not want to bruise his ego any further.

Not sure what this team together stuff is, we were never a team. We may have let you into a clan when we quit to sit in it when we no longer played, but we never teamed together.

Lastly, I have no idea what this august 4 thing you keep speaking of is. But I think I made it clear we're not playing against you. Not your team, just you. You're annoying. We don't care to play you. We also frankly don't give a excrement if we win or lose, but that's another story. Have yourself a wonderful life my boy

Last point: I'm proud you managed to go 300-3 against Senix in the last 3 years.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
Rick man leave the poor kids alone ahaha. Theyre the best players of all time, the game is at its best and theyre on top. The rest have become old, withered, we got the shakes, cant even keep hands still. It is what it is. Competition doesnt breed competition you old fool. Spirit does. Get out of here, youre senile. I am the best worst player that ever lived.

I will say this though , I saw something criticising the jumping of older players. You mad son, the number of Quake kids whos lives were just jumping on the game, was absurd.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2018, 09:17:16 PM »
lol, I just beat you kids without even playing the game, better reset that win count to 0. rekt.